+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: THE PTDF SCHOLARSHIP CONTROVERSY: WHO IS TO BLAME?

THE PTDF SCHOLARSHIP CONTROVERSY: WHO IS TO BLAME?

THE SCHOLARSHIP CONTROVERSY: WHO IS TO BLAME?
    Fellow Nigerians, I want to share my experience with PTDF with you.
    I am one of the MSc scholars for the 2009/2010 award. I was among those for which admission was not secured, so we were asked to defer the scholarship to next year. According to PTDF, there are three other categories of scholars that can defer the award. They are:
    a. Ladies that are pregnant
    b. Those that were not released by their employer
    c. Those that were unable to secure visa to travel to the UK.
    In any case, deferment is just for one year.
    I went to PTDF office in November to submit an application for deferment. I got to know from naihahotjobs.com that PTDF has cancelled some scholarships so, I returned last week to Abuja to ask about my deferment letter. I was told that management has decided to cancel the scholarship. The problem is that no reason was given for the cancellation.
    This issue has taken another dimension because some people are now claiming that southerners constitute the bulk of those affected and that Muslims has been largely favoured. This might not be true because I am a Muslim from the North and I am affected by the cancellation. I also know of other northern Muslim brothers that are affected.
    PTDF management should be sensitive to the ethno-religious consciousness of Nigerians and should not take action that can potentially breed hatred and disunity. They should therefore engage the services of the media (Radio, Television, Internet, Newspapers etc) to inform Nigerians why our overseas scholarship was suddenly cancelled when other scholars are presently enjoying the scholarship in the UK. PTDF should also officially inform all the scholars affected and the reason for the cancellation of their scholarship.
    It would also help if the names and state of origin of the affected scholars are published so that it will clear the allegation that certain region of the country and/or religion has been favoured.

Abubak'r
    Mobile: 08069047379
    Email: [email protected]

Re: THE PTDF SCHOLARSHIP CONTROVERSY: WHO IS TO BLAME?

It might be the results of your medical examinations with the embassy. Same with visa lottery winings. Sorry.

Re: THE PTDF SCHOLARSHIP CONTROVERSY: WHO IS TO BLAME?

eliah, you need to understand the question before making unrelated suggestions/conclusions.The issue on ground has nothing to do with medical examination or report.The issue is that Ptdf cancelled all defered scholarship without any reason.The people affected are not embassy related but failure of ptdf to gain admission for them in uk schools as avertised.Before u can even go the embassy,you must secured admission but most of these people dont have admission.so am not happy about this development but hope they may change their mind

+ Reply