How listening to the customer can help you to boost sales, improve products and services—and find new customers

Jerry Seinfeld has an old joke: “You can always tell when a salesperson is working on commission. They try to sell you the exact opposite of what you really want. ‘Well, sir, I’m afraid we don’t have any jogging shoes in your size. But I’m sure you’ll love this pair of red-leather hip boots with the stiletto heels.’“

Seinfeld has a point. How many times have you encountered a salesperson who tried to sell you the opposite of what you were looking for? Usually, this is because the salesperson is focused on their needs and what they need to sell. They may not even be listening when you try to explain what you need from them.
Too many salespeople make the mistake of not listening to their customers. They get so caught up in selling the benefits of their products or services that they forget they are in business to meet the customer’s needs, not their own. If the customer perceives that the salesperson is not really listening to them, or is offering a solution that doesn’t really fit the customer’s needs, they may choose a different product or service. Or they may jump to a better product or service when one becomes available.

Listen and learn
A successful long-term sales strategy requires a customer-centered approach. To keep a customer, salespeople must demonstrate that they understand and can provide effective solutions for the customer’s individual needs and problems. And that requires having the patience to listen to the customer from the very beginning.
In your initial sales call, your focus should not be, “Let me tell you about this great product/service I have

For details please go to http://bizcomm.forumcircle.com/portal.php?&

Or Contact

Winifred EDET
Media Sales Executive
[email protected]
www.emailbroadcast.name