+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Topic: Oceanic Bank Sack Over 1500 Staffs In 30days

Re: Oceanic Bank Sack Over 1500 Staffs In 30days

Quote Originally Posted by sylvia_nd
    I AM VERY SURPRISED AT THE WAY SOME OF YOU ON THIS FORUM ATTACKS ANYBODY THAT BRINGS CERTAIN INFORMATION SOMETIMES. FIRSTLY, JOBSY, YOUR EXPLOSIVE VERBALS IS TOTALLY UNCALLED FOR(don't do that again) SUCH ATTITUDE ONLY SPEAKS VOLLUME OF ONE'S INTELLECTUAL CAPACITY TO REASON RATIONALLY. WHEN I READ OGA EMMA'S REPORT, THE FIRST THING I DID WHICH IS WHAT EVERY INTELLIGENT MINDED HUMAN BEING SHOULD DO (because we all know that in every rumour there is always an element of truth in it) IS TO CALL EVERY CONTACT YOU HAVE OR KNOW REGARDING OCEANIC TO FIND OUT IF WHAT YOU READ ON-LINE IS TRUE OR NOT. WHAT OGA EMMA SAID IS ABSOLUTLY TRUE. WHERE I DO AGREE WITH HIM IS ON THE AREA OF OCEANIC BANK HAVING AN EXISTING STAFF CAPACITY OF 7500... Oga emma2 (why u no go support urself) this is d same story u posted on NL were u affected This looks more like a vendetta than passing a real info imoyesterday 50 oceanic staff were layed off from lagos alone) HE SAID THAT HE HAS ALREADY COMPILED HIS OWN LIST OF STAFF TO BE LAYED OFF IN HIS OWN BRANCH (order from above) IN WAITING. THE MOST SAD ASPECT OF THE STORY IS THAT OF THE NEWLY EMPLOYED OCEANIC BANK STAFF MEMBERS UNDERGOING TRAINING, THEY HAVE BEEN INFORMED THAT THEY WILL WRITE A PROJECT WORK (some examination). IF YOU PASS, YOU STAY, IF YOU FAIL YOU GO. (well i just feel it's all part of the down sizeing tactics). OCEANIC BANK WILL HAVE TO DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO KEEP AFLOAT AND WHICH EVER WAY THEY SEEK TO DO THAT IS STRICKLY THEIR CONCERN AND WITHIN THEIR RIGHTS. NO BANK IN THE WORLD WOULD WANT TO BE SPENDING WAY BEYOND WHAT IS COMING IN. I ONLY SORRY FOR THE NUMEROUS INDIVIDUALS THAT HAVE FOUND THEMSELVES IN THE LABOUR MARKET AGAIN. SO PLEASE DON'T KILL OGA EMMA, WHAT HE SAID IS NOT A LIE.

He the current trend of Nigeria's economy should continue, the nation will soon disappear on the map. Either somebody agrees or not, what Oga Emma posted is the truth. To be candid, only God can help the situation of the country.
    "It is while smitting that one becomes blacksmith"

ONE THING WE NEED TO KNOW ABOUT NIGERIAN BANKS IS THAT SOME OF THEM ARE JUST EMPTY DRUMS MAKING LOUD NOISES, BUT WHEN THERE DRUMS RUN OUT OF BEATS (because reality has set in e.g. bankruptcy) RATHER THAN RUN WITH INVESTORS MONEY, WHAT WILL HAPPEN IS THAT THEY WILL GET SWALLOWED BY THE REAL BIG ONES, SO WHAT ALL DEPOSITORS NEED DO THEN IS JUST TO GO TO THE NEW BANK (aquiring bank) AND TENDER DOCUMENTS PROVING THEIR DEALINGS WITH PREVIOUS BANK(noise maker bank, now dead bank or bankrupt) AND BUSINESS CONTINUES

DEPOSITORS SHOULD NOT GIVE THEMSELVES SLEEPLESS NIGHT OVER FAILING BANKS, RATHER BOTH THE EMPLOYED AND UNEMPLOYED SHOULD WORRY BECAUSE THAT TREND WILL TELL GREATLY ON THEM RESPECTIVELY

ALL THIS LESSON TEACHES US THAT "NO CONDITION IS PERMANENT" AND THEREFORE WE SHOULD MAKE THE BEST OF OUR CURRENT CONDITIONS BECAUSE IT MIGHT CHANGE SOON, MAYBE TO OUR ADVANTAGE OR DISADVANTAGE

Teamey, Please i am not oga emma, my name is ulonma sylvia ndukwem, a graduate of the university of nigeria nsukka. I am quite sure you're not correct about whatever post that was made on NL forum (unless it is my ghost that made such a post, to say exactly the same thing i said here) cos to start with i am not a registered member of NL so there is no possible way a non member can post comments. (please, correct me if i am wrong). Please go an make inquiries, it is not a hidden thing. I am not a staff of oceanic bank so there's no issue of being layed off here. Always try to be objective and not sentimental when looking at issues, it will do you a lot of good to your sense of judgement.
    Do have a lovely day!

Most banks in Nigeria are nt that healthy again. Though the former governor of CBN prof. soludo forsaw the economic crunch 3years back that was why they recapitalized all the banks despite that fact, the capitalization was too small to survive the crunch cuz we dont know when it will last.
    Most of the banks are bleeding inside but you cant know.
    Even most of the banks in oversea that are more healthier than nigerian banks financialy{about 4times the 25b capital base of nig. Banks} yet they became illiquid and they merged with the big banks.
    God will see them thru especialy all A to P bank in alphabetical order.

Quote Originally Posted by sylvia_nd
    Teamey, Please i am not oga emma, my name is ulonma sylvia ndukwem, a graduate of the university of nigeria nsukka. I am quite sure you're not correct about whatever post that was made on NL forum (unless it is my ghost that made such a post, to say exactly the same thing i said here) cos to start with i am not a registered member of NL so there is no possible way a non member can post comments. (please, correct me if i am wrong). Please go an make inquiries, it is not a hidden thing. I am not a staff of oceanic bank so there's no issue of being layed off here. Always try to be objective and not sentimental when looking at issues, it will do you a lot of good to your sense of judgement.
    Do have a lovely day!
    am talking abt what oga emma wrote word 4 word on nl

Pls, take it easy, whatever u so u will reap.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12