+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Oceanic Bank Sack Over 1500 Staffs In 30days

Oceanic Bank Sack Over 1500 Staffs In 30days

THE GLOBAL FINANCIAL CRISIS HAS FINNALY TAKING TOLL ON OCEANIC BANK, IN THE LAST 30 DAYS THE BANK HAS LAID OFF OVER 1500 STAFF OF THE BANK, THE NUMBER IS STILL RISING, AS MORE AND MORE LETTERS ARE BEING ISSUED.

THE WORST AFFECTED ARE THE MARKETING STAFF AND THE CONTRACT STAFF(BULK TELLER, FRONT TELLERS, SECURITY ETC), EVEN SOME OF THE MANAGEMENT STAFFS THAT WERE RECENTLY IN POSITIONS LIKE ZONAL HEADS, REGIONAL NAMGERS ARE ALSO EFFECTED.

IN JUST LAST WEEK ALONE 425 STAFFS WERE SACKED AND THE NUMBER WILL BE HIGHER THIS WEEK COS, MORE LETTERS HAVEARRIVED BRANCHES.

IT IS OBVIOUS THE BANK CANNOT MEET UP WITH THE HIGH PAY PACKAGE, AND THEREFORE THEY HAVE TO SACRIFICE STAFFS. UNLIKE ZENITH AND INTERCONTINENTAL, THAT SLASH SALARY TO SURVIVE THE MELTDOWN, OCEANIC BANK HAS DECIDED TO MAINTAIN ITS PRIDE (HIGHEST PAYING BANK) AND LAY OFF STAFF, SO UNFORTUNATE.

IT IS SO WORRISOME, COS IT TOOK THE BANK OVER 6 MONTHS TO RELEASE ITS LAST YEAR FINACIALS AFTER SEVERAL PRESSURE FROM ITS SHARE HOLDERS. DECALRING N9B PROFIT AFTER TAX AS AGAINST N43B THE PREVIOUS YEAR.

THOSE OF US THAT ARE IN THE SYSTEM KNOW THAT THE BANK ACTUALLY MADE A LOSS BECAUSE, THE GROSS PROFIT WAS N63B AND BANKS HAD TO MAKE PROVISION FOR THE MARGIN LOAN WHICH WAS OVER N73B IF YOU NET THAT, IT WILL FIVE U A N10B LOSS.

NO DOUBT WE ARE HEADING FOR THE ROCKS. OCEANIC BANK CANNOT SURVIVE DECEMBER 2009. THOSE OF US IN THE SYSTEM KNOW THAT WE CANNOT BE IN TH BANK COME OCTOBER COS B/W NOW AND THEN 5800 STAFF WILL BE LAID OFF FORM ITS EXISTING 7500 STAFFS. CONFIRMED REPORT FORM THE HUMAN RESOURCE DEPARTMENT.

FOR YOU BELOVED DEPOSITOR, BE CAREFUL.
    Y

Re: Oceanic Bank Sack Over 1500 Staffs In 30days

Emma or whatever the hell[i dont usually curse] your ur name is,whatever beef you have with Oceanic take it some where else,you started the same topic on and what have you gained in the meantime.
    stop running your trap and do a thorough and soul searching,it will help you cure whatever HEAD ILLNESS you have THAT RESULTED IN YOUR LOOSING YOUR JOB IN THE FIRST PLACE..
    I have a close friend who was sacked while on her third week of maternity LEAVE by Bank PHB.She has never at any time said anything negative about them anywhere cos such things happen and the only way to deal with it is to move on with your life.
    Stop this vendetta of yours,its not in your best interest.Go pray and repackage your C.V.

Re: OCEANIC BANK SACK OVER 1500 STAFFS IN 30 DAYS

Though u started well, but with ur last statement "FOR YOU BELOVED DEPOSITOR, BE CAREFUL" I think u're one of this demarketing agent. Stop giving wrong impresssion on this site pls. I strongly belief any bank in dis country can have problem(s), no doubt about that, but they can never, I repeat, never fold-up, instead they merge with other banks.
    According to Oga Emma, out of 7500 staff, oceanic bank wants to laid-off 5800, this makes his report irrational. Pls Emma give us another jist or u keep mute. Thanks anyway.

Re: OCEANIC BANK SACK OVER 1500 STAFFS IN 30 DAYS

O boi eeeh,u sabi Oga Emma b4?u no let am land sef u attack am lik Benin Witch!wetin happn?Anyhoozy sha,my grandmama tel me say na person wey river c im leg e dey swallow.If I gt moni 2bank,I go use am take open sml biz dey tidy life!
    My critics aint seen nothing yet!

Maybe emma is sick. Jst last wk, oceanic announced one of d highest gross earnings in d industry-151billion, nd havin a strong asset base of 1.3tr..i wonda where emma got his story 4rm. No doubt he's hiding d truth. "Emma" confess ur beef wit oceanicbank..

donnt know about the mass retrenchment, but the loss is true. Go and check the detailed news on 234next.com. its a news website
    A

oga Emma. I FEEL WE SHOULD RESTRAIN FROM USING THIS SITE TO BRING DOWN ANY INDIVIDUAL OR ORGANISATION. PLEASE, ITS NOT TO THE BEST OF INTEREST...AGAIN USE STAFF OR STAFFERS IN THE STEAD OF STAFFS...

A friend told me about the down sizing of staffs in oceanic bank it is real i dont think we would b seeing any job openings for oceanic anytime soon. Banks lie about all them profit making u know that nobody would come out in the open and tell u he had failed or lost the fact remains u cant hide the truth for long, and no one is criticising the bank we r jus tellin u wots happening and is bad news for us cos d labour market jus increased in size once more.

YUDDIE U FIRST FLY B4 WEN U KNOW SAY BINI WITCH DEY ATTACK PPLE? ANYWAY I NO VEX FOR U SHA COS NA PICKIN WEY NO SABI E MAMA BOYFRIEND DEY CALL AM BROTHER. EMMA MAYBE RIGHT COS I HAVE A DRIVER FRIEND IN OCEANIC BANK WEY TELL ME SAY DEM DEY DOWN SIZE STAFFS FOR THE BANK NOW BUT THE IRONY BE SAY DEM STILL DEY BUILD BRANCHES FOR BENIN HERE MAKING IT HARD TO BELIEVE. BUT IN EVERY ROMOUR, THERE IS AN ELEMENT OF TRUTH. ONE THING WE SHLD KNOW ABT THIS BANKS IS THAT THEY LIVE EXERGERATED LIFESTYLE WEY DEY MAKE US BELIEVE SAY ALL IS WELL. SOMEBODY FROM INTERCONTINENTAL BANK TELL ME SAY WHEN SHE RESUME AS OPERATION STAFF, SHE WENT TRHU FILES AND DISCOVERED THAT MOST OF THE STAFFS ARE ON LOANS THAT MANY WILL NT FINISH PAYING TILL 2012. IMAGINE THAT? THEN WHAT RE U WORKING FOR AT THE END OF THE MONTH? ACCORDING TO HER, DEM THEY EAT THEIR FUTURE. THEY ONLY USE IT TO SUSTAIN THEIR JOB, BUT NO GET FUTURE COS THEY ARE IN DEPTH. SO PERSONAL BUSINESS WIN AM AT THE END. PROVISION STORE IS BETTER THAN KIOSK.

whether true or not, God dey sha.
    Have you consider inviting Jesus to your life today?

yes ooh, our dear OCEANIC wan down size but 5800? guy take am easy.
    THANK YOU JESUS

I AM VERY SURPRISED AT THE WAY SOME OF YOU ON THIS FORUM ATTACKS ANYBODY THAT BRINGS CERTAIN INFORMATION SOMETIMES. FIRSTLY, JOBSY, YOUR EXPLOSIVE VERBALS IS TOTALLY UNCALLED FOR(don't do that again) SUCH ATTITUDE ONLY SPEAKS VOLLUME OF ONE'S INTELLECTUAL CAPACITY TO REASON RATIONALLY. WHEN I READ OGA EMMA'S REPORT, THE FIRST THING I DID WHICH IS WHAT EVERY INTELLIGENT MINDED HUMAN BEING SHOULD DO (because we all know that in every rumour there is always an element of truth in it) IS TO CALL EVERY CONTACT YOU HAVE OR KNOW REGARDING OCEANIC TO FIND OUT IF WHAT YOU READ ON-LINE IS TRUE OR NOT. WHAT OGA EMMA SAID IS ABSOLUTLY TRUE. WHERE I DO AGREE WITH HIM IS ON THE AREA OF OCEANIC BANK HAVING AN EXISTING STAFF CAPACITY OF 7500. THEY ARE MUCH MORE THAN THAT NATION WIDE. MY ELDER SISTER'S HUSBAND IS ONE OF THE EASTERN BRANCH MANAGERS AND HE CONFIRMED IT TO BE TRUE AND EVEN GAVE ME THE LATEST ON THE SACK STORY (as at of the day before yesterday 50 oceanic staff were layed off from lagos alone) HE SAID THAT HE HAS ALREADY COMPILED HIS OWN LIST OF STAFF TO BE LAYED OFF IN HIS OWN BRANCH (order from above) IN WAITING. THE MOST SAD ASPECT OF THE STORY IS THAT OF THE NEWLY EMPLOYED OCEANIC BANK STAFF MEMBERS UNDERGOING TRAINING, THEY HAVE BEEN INFORMED THAT THEY WILL WRITE A PROJECT WORK (some examination). IF YOU PASS, YOU STAY, IF YOU FAIL YOU GO. (well i just feel it's all part of the down sizeing tactics). OCEANIC BANK WILL HAVE TO DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO KEEP AFLOAT AND WHICH EVER WAY THEY SEEK TO DO THAT IS STRICKLY THEIR CONCERN AND WITHIN THEIR RIGHTS. NO BANK IN THE WORLD WOULD WANT TO BE SPENDING WAY BEYOND WHAT IS COMING IN. I ONLY SORRY FOR THE NUMEROUS INDIVIDUALS THAT HAVE FOUND THEMSELVES IN THE LABOUR MARKET AGAIN. SO PLEASE DON'T KILL OGA EMMA, WHAT HE SAID IS NOT A LIE.

God Almighty will continue to bless you, sylvia_nd. I wonder why some people will just throw away some information without proper investigation simply because the information sounds some how unpleasant. very unfortunate. This is one of the numerouse reasons why we are still where we are today in this country. A whiteman does not play with information no matter how untrue it seems to be. How, for Heaven sake, do you expect to develope by sweeping the truth under the carpet. Sack in any field is not good news, but no news is bad news because even an unpleasnt event should still be heard. Note that the best first step in solving a problem is accepting what has happened.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast