+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: NYSC CERT. AS A CONDITION FOR EMPLOYMENT IN NAIJA, COMMENT.

NYSC CERT. AS A CONDITION FOR EMPLOYMENT IN NAIJA, COMMENT.

PLS CAN SOMEBODY ADVISE THE EMPLOYERS OF LABOUR THAT THERE ARE GRADUATES THAT DID NOT GO FOR YOUTH SERVICE DUE TO ONE GOOD REASON OR THE OTHER. WE NOTICE THAT ALMOST ALL VACANCIES HAS NYSC CERT AS A CONDITION FOE EMPLOYMENT. WHAT HAPPENS TO THOSE THAT DID NOT GO FOR SERVICE BUT MADE A GOOD GRADE IN SCHOOL.
    DOES THAT MEANS THAT THEY WILL NEVER GET A JOB IN NAIJA. PLS SOMEBODY SHOULD TELL OUR PRESIDENT OR THE MINISTER FOR EDUCATION TO CALL THESE COMPANIES TO ORDER FOR EQUITY AND JUSTICE.
    PEACE.

Re: NYSC CERT. AS A CONDITION FOR EMPLOYMENT IN NAIJA, COMMENT.

THOSE IN THAT CATEGORY NORMALLY HAVE A LETTER OF EXEMPTION FROM SERVICE AS A COVER LETTER. EXCEPT U R SAYING THEY REJECT EXEMPTION LETTERS TOO, WHICH I DOUBT.
    I MIGHT BE WRONG U KNOW.
    GUD LUCK

I actually think something should be done about this, NYSC has kept a lot of us at home and made moving forward a bit difficult, for those of us that were meant to be in sept batch, gists have it that it is now billed for october, the more we want to be done as soon as we can, the more they are dragging their feet. Whatever happens, what is yours will always be, just try and find something you can do for yourself, don't be fully dependent on what the Government can or will do, because you'll always not get what you wish for, just go ahead and make a good plan, that's why you went to the university,if you can't get your dream job now,you can later by working towards it.
    There must be something you like doing or can do, don't wait for anybody to employ you, a time will come when they'll be looking for you, nobody associates him/herself with a sluggard or one that complains,make every experience education and every education an opportunity to move forward and the best of it.wish you luck,Ada.

I THINK CHELLY HAS SAID IT ALL

ALL I DID WANT TO ADD IS THAT

U BE VERY PRAYERFUL,COS WITH

GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!

thats it chelly! Pls i want to add that apart frm the advertised jobs. U can get urself a job if u realy search. Ur search could be personaly or thru friends, pour out ur mind to any body u know can help u. I got a job with old broad bank thru a friend Which i had to leave for nysc. Also know that even with nysc getting a job isnt easy most highly paid jobs take upto 1 yr frm application to appointment, that is if u re successful in all the assessment stages. So get urself busy somwhere its possible to resign after 3months for a gainful one. As long as nysc still remains part of school curricullum no professional employer will want to employ a half baked graduate bc of risk. My concern is that the govt should review nysc to be favourable cos its purpose is great.

Guys,
    I feel for now its just a means of frustrating graduates.Though,we are aware that there are thousands of graduate out there still looking for job.But,that should not be used as a bases for making NYSC CERTIFICATE a compulsory requirement.
    Tim

I SUGGEST NYSC SHOULD NOT BE MADE COMPULSORY COS MANY OPPORTUNITIES ELUDE SOMEONE DURING THE SERVICE
    cool and smart

All things being equal, the most important part has been laid out or spelt out. Do get buzy while awaiting service. Like one of us has said, no employer will employ an half baked graduate, or possibly apply for an exemption letter; that too will serve the same purpose as the later. Since NYSC is what makes one a full fleged graduate then i think as many who a affected should exercise patience while doing something on thier own cos there are no two ways about it. God help u all as you wait on Him.

it has been said a full graduate must have nysc or exemption letter to show for it, so bros go get one of it and engage urself with somtin doing for now remeber no food for lazy man, didnt say u are laziiiiii

The only thing that proves to an employer that you went to school is ur nysc discharge certificate ot the exemption letter. For those who are yet to go for service, try and get urselves something doing if u are so eager to start working. After all there are people that got job offer after their 1yr IT training and still had to go back to school to finish up. Life is a step by step movement. Since you have taken the pain and time to study, why not equally wait for ur service year to come and go. My cousin got a chevron job while still serving and was asked to resume as soon as he passes out of services, that was some few months before passing out. all d same its just one out of many cases ooooooooooo.
    Gudluck to all of us and stay bless. may God bless the Administrator of the wonderful site.

should not be the bases bc there are graduates who did not go for NYSC bc of one reason or the other.
    I appreciate what  intend doing to the nigerian jyouth in the area of development. this will help in reducing crime and other vices in our society

This issue of NYSC is something else. u can imagine people waste a whole year in the name of serving there country and coming back to start looking for Jobs.
    The issue of employers taking NYSC certificate as a criteria for employment to me should be revisited. For me I will employ anybody ones the person has what i need NYSC or not.
    To the Federal Government, i will advise they either make NYSC a more productive scheme or make it not compulsory.

You guys are really right, i don't know the reason for this NYSC Certificate this and that self. NYSC itself is a big stress aand after service, one can end up not getting a job at the end of the day.............Abeg i tire o

+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast