+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 8 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Topic: A new thread for 2010 nnpc hopefuls

Re: A new thread for 2010 nnpc hopefuls

I concur with Jobfront, pls let's be patient.

Our appointed time with destiny is near!

@jobfront and gaskiya: a closed 'mouth' is a closed destiny! Fear should not hold us back. The reason Nigeria is wallowing in this quagmire is because we have failed to speak out and act.

@all: let's work out modalities on courses of action to taken ASAP. Who should do what and when.

Pls go ahead! Behind u! ...gaddemm!

@jobfront: Two days oo. So you still dey this forum? wao.. that is good.
    good contribution from jobfront and gaskiya even if it doesn't rhyme with our song.
    now for us to do the publication, it will cost us Time so lets keep contributing and in between we can keep arranging for specific days of prayers and fasting.
    God bless us

greetings to you all. I will start by stating this "I pray and hope one day Nigeria youths would wake up, rise up and claim what belongs to them....Future"
    I can remember the hardship I went through after graduating from Poly Ibadan 2007. I remember those days ,in school, striving to get job just to increase income for family of five, as my Dad lost his bank job due to Bank recapitalization.
    I've lost count of the number of job aptitude test I took, 30 maybe. UBA, P&G, Skye Bank, GTB, Lafarge, NNPC, NLNG, Shell, Chevron, Wema, Intercontinental, Dangote, First Bank, etc. Most of these test, I get eliminated after final stage of Interview. I've always wondered why some of my friends got called for some of the jobs, considering the fact that I happened to be among top 5 students in class when we were in Poly.

I can remember my NYSC days in the North, got posted to Federal Institute and was paid N3,500 monthly (just imagine our president spending N1billion on food in a year). With all the effort at ensuring the Institute gets best of IT services, I was never considered for a full time job when there was opening. I left for Abuja for a N15,000 job, as i was desperate to showcase my skills and probably get a good job. Abuja was no fun, 15k monthly was nothing, it dawned on me, I was almost loosing hope not until I returned back to Ibadan hoping NNPC would call me for Trainee Ops job since my interview went well. My final interview question was "what state are you from?" (discrimination is now norm in 9ja). In the long run, I found a contract job with a bank as IT Support, 48k monthly, resigned after 3yrs.

I know some of you will be wondering why all these stories, I understand the hardship some of us must have gone through in life, if only we (9ja youth) can wake up and grab what is ours (Future), hold our leaders/govt accountable for mass unemployment, corruption, ill-functioning health sector, death traps we call roads, insecurity, corrupt judiciary, poverty, poor power sector, etc

My grammar might be good enough but my testimony will be shared shortly, I've faced discrimination in 9ja. For example, Access bank never wanted to employ me because I have HND with very good GPA, and yet our Govt keeps allowing this embarrassment.

As God will have it, I was blessed to win american lottery, I'm being exposed to a system that values its people, the people demand want they want, govt respect their demands and sanctions are placed on any govt officials that fails them.
    In less than 6 months i got to the U.S, i have worked in three different companies. Currently i am a contract staff in a company that generates over $5billion yearly where i earn over N400,000 monthly, just imagine what I would earn when I am confirmed, this is my 3rd month in the company.

"Surulere" is one word 9ja govt likes hearing from our youth, our govt has successfully blinded us, taken us for granted. Imagine NNPC delaying recruitment process for 2yrs, I know for sure NNPC recruits through back door deceiving majority. Employing politician pickin is no longer news, 9ja is used to that, psychological slavery. I got employed 2nd week after my interview with my current company. no long process. my grammar, accent, ethnic background did not count, all oyinbo want is proof that you can do the job and can be trained. my hnd or degree didnt count, i am managed by some supervisors wey no even go college. respect dey for me gidigba.

I decided to write this house bcos I desire a better 9ja and i was once NNPC/NLNG hopeful and went through the travelings to write tests/interviews, NNPC didnt even pay my Tfare, as it was eaten by them, no accountability, no sorry, nothing.

Let me stop here, wishing everyone here the best, pls sensitize as much people as you can about not selling their votes coming 2015, i wish 9ja great future, i wouldn't have migrated to U.S if things were okay in 9ja, hoping to contribute to better 9ja future

Quote Originally Posted by dutmond View Post
    greetings to you all. I will start by stating this "I pray and hope one day Nigeria youths would wake up, rise up and claim what belongs to them....Future"
    I can remember the hardship I went through after graduating from Poly Ibadan 2007. I remember those days ,in school, striving to get job just to increase income for family of five, as my Dad lost his bank job due to Bank recapitalization.
    I've lost count of the number of job aptitude test I took, 30 maybe. UBA, P&G, Skye Bank, GTB, Lafarge, NNPC, NLNG, Shell, Chevron, Wema, Intercontinental, Dangote, First Bank, etc. Most of these test, I get eliminated after final stage of Interview. I've always wondered why some of my friends got called for some of the jobs, considering the fact that I happened to be among top 5 students in class when we were in Poly.

I can remember my NYSC days in the North, got posted to Federal Institute and was paid N3,500 monthly (just imagine our president spending N1billion on food in a year). With all the effort at ensuring the Institute gets best of IT services, I was never considered for a full time job when there was opening. I left for Abuja for a N15,000 job, as i was desperate to showcase my skills and probably get a good job. Abuja was no fun, 15k monthly was nothing, it dawned on me, I was almost loosing hope not until I returned back to Ibadan hoping NNPC would call me for Trainee Ops job since my interview went well. My final interview question was "what state are you from?" (discrimination is now norm in 9ja). In the long run, I found a contract job with a bank as IT Support, 48k monthly, resigned after 3yrs.

I know some of you will be wondering why all these stories, I understand the hardship some of us must have gone through in life, if only we (9ja youth) can wake up and grab what is ours (Future), hold our leaders/govt accountable for mass unemployment, corruption, ill-functioning health sector, death traps we call roads, insecurity, corrupt judiciary, poverty, poor power sector, etc

My grammar might be good enough but my testimony will be shared shortly, I've faced discrimination in 9ja. For example, Access bank never wanted to employ me because I have HND with very good GPA, and yet our Govt keeps allowing this embarrassment.

As God will have it, I was blessed to win american lottery, I'm being exposed to a system that values its people, the people demand want they want, govt respect their demands and sanctions are placed on any govt officials that fails them.
    In less than 6 months i got to the U.S, i have worked in three different companies. Currently i am a contract staff in a company that generates over $5billion yearly where i earn over N400,000 monthly, just imagine what I would earn when I am confirmed, this is my 3rd month in the company.

"Surulere" is one word 9ja govt likes hearing from our youth, our govt has successfully blinded us, taken us for granted. Imagine NNPC delaying recruitment process for 2yrs, I know for sure NNPC recruits through back door deceiving majority. Employing politician pickin is no longer news, 9ja is used to that, psychological slavery. I got employed 2nd week after my interview with my current company. no long process. my grammar, accent, ethnic background did not count, all oyinbo want is proof that you can do the job and can be trained. my hnd or degree didnt count, i am managed by some supervisors wey no even go college. respect dey for me gidigba.

I decided to write this house bcos I desire a better 9ja and i was once NNPC/NLNG hopeful and went through the travelings to write tests/interviews, NNPC didnt even pay my Tfare, as it was eaten by them, no accountability, no sorry, nothing.

Let me stop here, wishing everyone here the best, pls sensitize as much people as you can about not selling their votes coming 2015, i wish 9ja great future, i wouldn't have migrated to U.S if things were okay in 9ja, hoping to contribute to better 9ja future
    I am happy for you. The God that helped you will also meet us at the point of our need. I wish you a success stay in US

thank u for this word of encouragement. @all, it is high time we stood up and fight for our future. these people are less concerned whether the process take 10yrs or not, we must fight. let them hear our voice. we want pple that have contacts with media houses pls.

bb1

what are the people saying now?

I stand to 'bell d cat' ...with the story well told i wil! ...guys gv me REASONS NT TO! ...gaddemm!

Time is going.my people what is the way forward

The main threat with a publication is money, atleast many who contributed the last time will by default not interested to repeat same, only God even know how the last was judiciously managed. #goodMorning!

Anytime I read through this thread, tears overcome my eyes...I know that we need to rise up...but then, it may result to good or bad- we don't have compassionate leaders who would listen and understand our situation.

Anyway, whatever you guys decide, no problem....but I still suggest we wait and pray more sincerely about this.

God will help us, sighs.

@all, I am still with you guys- will always be with you even in my silence.

+ Reply
Page 8 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast