+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: My story: Pls advise if you care......

My story: Pls advise if you care......

I'm a 2008 mechanical engineering graduate from one of the first generation universities in the south west. I was posted to Niger state for my NYSC in 2009 batch A. Completed my service in feb 11 2010 and I was able to get a small not-to-stay-at-home job immediately. This job has nothing, I mean nothing, to do with engineering and to say the truth I took this job so as not to stay at home pending the time I would get a better one. From then till now I've written many tests most of which I passed. Advancing to the interview stages, I've always been turned down due to my non-engineering post NYSC experience. The job I presently do is for one of the leading agrochemical companies with its head office in lagos, though I was not directly employed by the company but by the. Key Account Manager and the Key Distributor of the company in the region which the company management is aware of. My monthly pay is 30K fixed by the KAM and the KD. Now to my agony. On two occassions when the headoffice brought out advert for graduate trainee recruitment, I applied. On both occassions, I was not invited for test let alone interview. Reason, my certificate does not read BSc Agriculture but BSc Mech Engr. The first time it happened I complained to one of the ogas at the headoffice and he apologised that its because I didn't inform him of my application. The second time, I even informed him before I applied and still nothing to show for it. All he could say was that he was sorry and that I should wait till next batch bla bla bla. It's very obvious that I don't have a future with the company going by the importance attached to BSc Agric and not what you can offer in terms of work experience. Infact there is nothing the so called KAMs are doing that I'm not presently doing. My bro and sis, I'm at a cross road. I'm thinking of quiting but fear of staying idle is driving me naught. I really dunno know what to do. If you may ask, I've been able to save some cash, about 200K. I want you to pls advise me on what to do. If you were in my shoes, what would you do?. Your candid and timely advise would be greatly appreciated. And if you feel like contacting me personally, email me at [email protected]. Looking forward to seeing nice ideas from the honourable fellow forumites. Thanks.

Re: My story: Pls advise if you care......

The way and manner in which the whole house is quiet and remain indifferent to my plight is really disturbing. It's an indication that I'm surely On My Own. To me the purpose
    of being in this forum is defeated if we can't help a brother\sister in need. I've made up my mind on what to do
    I just pray God help me in my line of action. Its well with my soul.

Re: My story: Pls advise if you care......

u know people hardly come here....but i just fink urs is on the way,when it comes nobody can stop u,would hav e prefered readn agric tech...well God knows the reason u read Mech Engr...ur course is not a limitatn to where God has kept for u Bro...Let GOd be ur leadn in whatsoever u might decid e to do..all d beest

Dear friend, my advice for u is 'never u quiet d job'. One of d must important thing u shd have in life is petience. U can stil b there and stil continue 2 luk 4 other places. It's not most dat u'l quite 4rm ur curent work. Or mayb, they want 2 test u. Who knows. But in all this, pray for God's help and direction if u'r a christain. Thank u and i wish u best of luck.

+ Reply