+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: MY SALARY WAS JUST INCREASED TO 35K, IS DAT ENOUGH 2 START THINKING OF MARRIAGE?

MY SALARY WAS JUST INCREASED TO 35K, IS DAT ENOUGH 2 START THINKING OF MARRIAGE?

They recently increased my monthly salary to 35k in my place of work. Though the thought of settling down have been in my mind for some time now but I haven't been able to achieve that considering my meagre salary status.

Now that pressures are coming from my immediate family members and relations based on the fact that am the first issue/child in my family, should I go ahead and give it a trial?

REMEMBER! Am in my early 30's. Advise me please. Thanks.

Re: MY SALARY WAS JUST INCREASED TO 35K, IS DAT ENOUGH 2 START THINKING OF MARRIAGE?

Going by your Salary that is sucide (you just wan kill yourself)
    One thing you should know is that no amount of salary will be enough to start thinking of marriage, so you have to take a bold step and do it small (the marriage thing) and settle down, anybody will understand that, do not try to impress anyone
    Your Secrets are save with me

Re: MY SALARY WAS JUST INCREASED TO 35K, IS DAT ENOUGH 2 START THINKING OF MARRIAGE?

yes man,but marriage is not a function of salary but a function of maturity.just take a look at your side their are many people living around you with little token and they still happily.it is left to you

U can go ahead. It depends on who u want 2 marry, wud she accept u dat way n support u? Afterall our parents married while in school n managed their families well

Junior Member unlimitedaquarius's Avatar

Guy, my candid advice is for U to run to God and seek for his wisdom. I believe with him on your side, U will always come up with a decision that will surprise U. Because our God is full of surprises.

So, embrace God now. Good luck.

Some teenagers are more sensible and mature than some so called adult and married fools.Cut ur suit according 2 ur size.You can go into marriage if you have other machineries like accommodation, maturity,Fiancee in place and if ur Fiancee is not going to be a full time house wife.But in all U do put God First.

are you for real?! . how much does a wedding cost?. how much do u pay for rent or are u planning on living with your parents?. how much are you able to save every month?. do u know how much ante natal costs? do u know how much baby formula costs?marriage is NOT a trial dont u get?. will your family foot your bills?. this one is not a matter of faith. sit down and THINK!!! before u end up getting frustrated and getting the poor girl frustrated as well!!.

o boy,do what u think is best for u,forget about what ur family says.
    one love

Quote Originally Posted by NKONYEMA
    are you for real?! . how much does a wedding cost?. how much do u pay for rent or are u planning on living with your parents?. how much are you able to save every month?. do u know how much ante natal costs? do u know how much baby formula costs?marriage is NOT a trial dont u get?. will your family foot your bills?. this one is not a matter of faith. sit down and THINK!!! before u end up getting frustrated and getting the poor girl frustrated as well!!.
    ...This is more like it.

@001nigeria!
    I hope you can find reasonable answers to these questions.

GETTING MARRIED is not the issue; but STAYING MARRIED.
    There are no sentiments when it comes to marriage life. You need to analyse it critically before taking a decision.

However, I wish you well. The final decision is yours to make at the end of the day.

Above all commit it sincerely to God's hands. But remember, God will not do for man what man can do for himself!
    No One Will Know You Are Honest Unless You Give Out Samples!

im really not happy with a lotta responses. where someone in the house (or anyone for that matter )has a problem or needs advice why dont we just give realistic answers.
    @eveihotu when our parents got married, did they pay 500k or more as rent for a flat?, was cerelac N500 (cos i think babeena was less than N1 in 1986(and my parents had been married for about 10years). do people really know wat marriage entails? i am only going to concentrate on the financial aspect cos that is what his question is based on. couples earn 100k and yet they pennypinch. they try to minimise spending as much as possible. they try not to engage in frivolous spending. the wedding day is not the marriage itself, it is merely the beginning. can N35,000 "comfortably" (pls note the word comfortably) take care of a grown man,can it? my dear 001 nigeria- this question is directed to u. can u meet YOUR needs with N35k, much less a woman and a baby?.honestly? House you mite think me blunt and faithless but I believe human beings (often times than not), are the architects of their own problems. although everyone seems to lay the blame at the devils feet. lol. Your people will rejoice when u are married and rightly so cos one of your siblings will be asked to move in with you!!. do u really wanna know what it feels like for people to begin to run away from u cos u always beg or borrow with a promise to pay back. do you?. my friend used to say when there is no money love may fly out of the window. one becomes a burden. a couple who could not live without each other become anathema to each other. I love God with all my heart, but i dont think God will come down from heaven and sort out your problems for you. Do u have another source of income?. wat about your wife. wat do u guys make jointly per month?. You are in your thirties and i guess you have married friends or at least female colleagues, relatives of friends who have had kids. tell them to help u draw up what they spent from their month of preg to the last month ( i can bet noone will be able to get the rite figure). then when the baby comes,more expenses. wat about the mother?. she MUST eat healthy to breastfeed properly. how about injections, vaccines, innoculations?. do u want to feed ur baby pap?(God forbid!!) Please 001 nigeria I sincerely apologise if i have slighted u but i mean no harm. This is my candid advice and i hope u see it only as that. God bless you

do pple know what marriage entails?
    I guess no one does initially, everyone learns in the process.

One thing i have come to realise is that you do not tell someone to or not to marry its a decision that is left strictly to those concerned. If you are the one that posted a similar topic abouit borrowing 100K fom your firend, then i guess your mind is already made up or you have no other choice if she is pregnant, then you would be doing the right thing.

Everyone have said their piece and its all justified. Nkoyema couldnt have been more precise BUT life does not make the same opportunities available to us all, based on your current salary you would need like 10months salary to get just a wedding ring. The wedding day is not the issue here but the afterwards. Not all would start with living in a flat. I dont know where you are coming from or what your story is just know that marriage is a partnership.If the lady concerned is working, then good cos you get to plan everything on your collective salary, no woman wants to be a burden. Considering finances, one is never ready and thats the honest truth. Emm if a baby is on the way, then the situation is more scary with your current salary but yorubas have this saying that "eru e yan meji ni omo" meaning a child is not meant for one alone but two.

You can copy people in business, habits etc but never in marriage, there is no template to follow. If it works well for some in their 30s to marry, it might not work for others ok and its not a function of am so so age.

Am not encouraging neither am i discouraging,one wise man here says staying married is the main issue and thats the HONEST TRUTH so go to your church for counselling. They know your circumstances better.Marriage is a life long commitment with huge responsibilities and its also fun cos you get to be with your very good friend for ever.

Which ever one you decide on, i sincerly wish you the best
    God bless
    TBABY
    Revelation 22: 11-12

O boy!

Dat salary is definately not enough. Apart from yourself and your wife what about the kids and their welfare?

What about the aged father/mother-in-laws? The house rent? and other things onless she has a good job or comes from a rich family if not forget it ooo.
    I am a slow walker but I never walk backwards.

my guy, life is all about risk. take a bold step as a man, the rest will follow ok. God will see u through.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast