+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: My Embarrassing Interview Situations You Need To Learn From

My Embarrassing Interview Situations You Need To Learn From

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I use to be ashame of talking about them, i guess am talking about them because am some steps up the ladder now.

The first was immediately after my service year it was a big one the pay figure (like i gathered) was mouth watering and i was already calculating what i will do with the money and at that time i needed money bad.
    on the D-day i was ask to read a paragraph from a book and your truly was shaking all over like a leave on water it was so embarrassing, it never happened to me before. Believe me am a very bold person and am use to presentation before crowds.

The cause
    I my head was calculating the pay and suddenly a fear of what will happen if i don't get the job gripped me

Lessons
    1. Never count your chicks before they harsh
    2. Go to the interview with a sport mind set i.e you either win or loss
    3. Don't place all your value on the monetary aspect alone

My second experience was with a bank, i was just not prepared. I got the invitation a day before the interview
    and a dress code was specified. I went in an oversized suit the top different from the bottom. The first thing the interviewer asked me was if am for the interview

Lessons
    1. Always be prepared, do all you can and leave the rest to God
    2. Get all the tips on dressing
    for Dress codes and tips

Re: My Embarrassing Interview Situations You Need To Learn From

Hi Fisho,
    Thanx 4 sharing ur experience tip esp. the one about having a sports mindset. I have also been accused by my interviewer of not being relaxed and confident. Guess mine was as a result of fear of not getting the job, 'cos it's was my dream job intv............ that's why I liked ur point. One love

had my share as well
    I was so taken by the looks of the interviewer that everything else faded.
    I answered the questions being asked but it was like i had a delay switch. Looking back, lol it was funny.

Lesson: be disciplined and focused.
    Revelation 22: 11-12

Guys, These shit happens. I could remember my first expericence after my youth service with BankPHB. I was shaking like mad. Even though i passed the test very well and was confident of my self that am better to most pple around, i still didnt get the job. All for the seek of Fear. FEAR of the un know is evil!!!!!!!- Be bold and try to express ursllf ur way wenever.

I learnt from my mistake and thank God today am in a better prof than banking.Cheer house!!!!!!!!!1 1 luvin,Gabby

my first time was in 2005 when i was still serving, it was this indian coy and i was reffered by recruiting agency.i went to one of my friend to help me with my tie but by d time i got to d venue d 2nd day, d tie was loose and i just managed to adjust.
    The first question d hr guy asked was ''what is wrong with ur tie'' and i replied foolishly replied dat i let it loose cos of d heat when i was in d bus.i did not get d job and i had to go back to complete my youth service

my second and most painful one was at d nnpc final interview at nnpc tower.i developed cold feet some minutes to my turn, one thing though i never enough time to prepare cos i took a night bus to abj.
    I was asked to intoduce myself, i did and when they saw my NIM cert they asked me for the nim motto, i knew d answer but could only utter d first two lines but one of them helped me to complete it.
    Another one shouted at me to read d national pledge and i fumbled due to fear.i was not really able to pick up myself after, i was asked simple questions which i knew d answers but i was just busy saying d wrong thing.as soon as i left d venue, all d answers came to my head like a flash.it took me 9months to recover frm dat incident.
    it became my nightmare,i always blame my joblessness on my inability to take advantage of d nnpc interview. thank God i am now with a bank now.
    nigerzie

thanks man.

I am still a fresher in the business, with your experience; guess its the best I need to sit up
    It is not over until it is over. Dont give up co's it is only the weak that blush

Thanks man for sharing your experiece. Even if one hav had a little or no experience of this, one great day; sure; it's gonna come.
    Karl
    &quot;To bear adversity with equanimity is a mark to be temperate, when in prosperity is a mark of wisdom&quot;<br /><br />&quot;The strength of our collective knows no end&quot;

tanx guys for sharing your experiences. it will definitely help us dat have not had any experience to sit up. cheers.

Well my experience was that i found myself going 4 an interview that was entirely different from my career goal, i was attending interview 4 marketers when i was an IT guy, the kind of shock on the face of my interviewers baffled me.
    Have reverence for God and Obey his words, for this you were created.

thanks alot 4 sharing ur xperience.its also happened to a frnd when she went for an interview which she got the message a day to.she had a green nail polish on and couldnt take it off cos it will be worst if not taken off by an expert so she went like that even though she knew it wasn't proper also since it was her first interview which she had with an outsorcing firm.the first question was y she was wearing a green nail polish . pls dear,always get prepare even to the smallest detail when going 4 an interview no matter how urgent it is.

champions are not born,they are made

Thanks guys! Had my gory experience too. Thank God i've gotten it over now. U need to see how much preparation i'm giving to an interview i'm expecting in 3wks tym.

well,na only God de serve person. its fun reading about peples experience though. makes u wonder if ur own embarrasment would be worse than theirs.well, chin up people,shit happens!!!
    daeze

Experience is the best teacher ,they say, but i guess its better to learn from other people's experiences than having to say the "HAD I KNOWN" afterwards .thanks for sharing your experiences.Believe in yourself ,believe in God and believe in what you believe.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast