+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: A job with Shell, KPMG or MSc in the UK, which wld u choose as a fresh graduate?

A job with Shell, KPMG or MSc in the UK, which wld u choose as a fresh graduate?

Hi guys,
    Would Like to know ur views on what choice is best to choose from if u av any of these three choices to choose from.
    Lets base our views in terms of the pay, fulfilment derived from a career, Balance of work and family,short term and long term achievements with the firm.

Re: A job with Shell, KPMG or MSc in the UK, which wld u choose as a fresh graduate?

well...........1st of all, u have to take into consideration your 1st degree course. i know that in shell, there is no human development for the engineers, but there is for their management staffs! i dont have much details about KPMG, but i'll advise that u go for the MSc cos ur future is more guaranteed that way.

Re: A job with Shell, KPMG or MSc in the UK, which wld u choose as a fresh graduate?

Looking at the long term benefits, it would better if u went for MSc cos at the rate the country is going, it wil soon not be too easy for first degree holders especially with 2.2 or lower.
    Circumstances do not make the man, they reveal him.

Hello,

This is a tricky one but you all know that the Nigerian economy is no more friendly to Second classers these days so to actually have a balance I feel that a fresh graduate with all these options should actually go for a further study and not only acquire knowledge but also the arsenal for self and family growth.

Shell and KPMG will only use for a while and dump you when they feel you are obsolete, so best option is for you to make yourself very important and relevant by updating and upgrading yourself now.

Cheers!

well well well MSc is good especially when you are in some fields and you ve all the time and of course money for it. But what good is it when you have no industrial experience to back it up. Am speaking with the assumption that you are a technical person.

I wld take the job, work for a year or two have the money for the MSc and other things but most especially get the relevant experience that i need so that when i even come back with the degree i have an industry to go into straight.

The way it even works is that your job at times dictate where we want to focuss in.

Hope this has been helpful

GOD BLESS
    Revelation 22: 11-12

+ Reply