+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Topic: job seeking is harder than schooling

Re: job seeking is harder than schooling

It is glaring to every that job seeking is harder than schooling but to some born with silver spoon in their mouth,it vice versa..... U know nah

@e-diamond, i quite agree with you that our education in Nigeria has been patterned towards job-seeking rather than being Self-Reliant but note that it is not easy for a fresh graduate from a poor family without any initial financial capital to be self-employed as he will need small capital to start off his business. Somebody that cannot afford one dollar a day (N147 official rate) for survival may find it dificult to start any meaningful business and he is not credit worthy to be given a start up loan by either individual or organisation like banks. My broda, he no dey easy that is why many prefer to work for others first to get the capital they will need eventually to start their business.
    Have you consider inviting Jesus to your life today?

well i believe that cos most at-times you just wounder were to go looking for job even when the job is there the company will give you on excuse or the other cos the opportunity is reserved for someone else maybe a close relation.

We go to school to learn; we seek for a job to earn a living,each of those has its own challenges.If you can conquer the challeges of schooling, very soon you will conquer that of Job.Cheers

One Luv

Jibowu
    I can do all things through christ who strengthens me

The job hunting thing is more difficult than I ever imagined. Self-reliant? How do u get ur start off loan without collateral. but for some highly placed they dont need any collateral before they can borrow money from banks- ask our Bank Chiefs. Searching for job is the most difficult "course" i av ever had to face
    If you can think it then you can do it!

it's not an easy task, but with God all things are possible.

may God cus thru
    If you can think it then you can do it!

u guys are more than right .....wat can i even say ......god dey !

Yeah , Onomej4u, I couldn't agree more, you are correct, but note that the system is fashioned that way- to pull you down. But I tell you, if you leave yourself there, you would never make any meaningful impact, and no one will help you. You alone can help you. Forgive me, I am not sermonizing, it is experience. I graduated in 1997 and for good five years (were they really good?) after my service no job. I survived by bringing other graduates together to run a coaching class for SSCE and JAMB candidates.although I nor hammer much but it was something. I did that for three years and enrolled for Computer literacy. It on the sixth year thatone of our students father saw our resilience and passion to what we were doing and asked for our CVs. My dear, tory plenty well well. In a nutshell, I got a running contract with SPDC for training their fresh graduates. I am facilitator.
    The message is never give up. If they don't employ you, employ others (the how is in you and in your passion). One love

House, the truth must be told. I agree with the fact that ,job seeking is harder than schooling. Because while in school you get almost all that you need if not immediately. But one thing is certain you must get it because your parents or guardian will always feel for you. But now who cares, where much is expected from you. Therefore HOUSE, you have to believe me. Is really tough. your on your own.

thats correct bcos sch is fun, but job, it is just on its own

guy, na tru u yan,i no wetin i go tru b4 baba God con show sey na him get mouth pass. i give him the glory that i am now in national insurance commission. d pay is good n d workin condition i am enjoyin. tak it easy God knows best. i didnt do wel in oceanic test n i knew 2 executv Directors,none cld help nt dat dey didnt wnt 2 help,bt it didnt jus wrk out.today i av a job i av always want.so God's time is d best

i feel u guys , that Unemployed association of nigeria will be a good one, but quite depressing unless we get some employers involved

+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast