+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: INTERVIEW QUESTION: WHEN ARE YOU READY TO START WORKING FOR US?

INTERVIEW QUESTION: WHEN ARE YOU READY TO START WORKING FOR US?

I was asked this question yesterday in an interview. After fulfilling the technical and ethical requirements of the job [IT career], the panel asked this question:

WHEN ARE YOU READY TO START WORKING FOR US?

Honestly, what I told them is that they should give me one week for me to round off the work I already have in my present company [which i am now doing], before I can join them.

My problem is this: Immediately I left that office, a voice or something told me [in my heart]: "WHAT A FOOL YOU ARE!" SEE, HOW YOU WANT TO LOSE THIS JOB. "YOU SHOULD HAVE TOLD THEM THAT YOU WILL START TOMORROW OR NEXT".

I have been answering questions from other people when I feel I have an answer, but this one is giving me sleepless night, because I feel i did not answer right.

If you have an idea, please say it here. Do you think that I answered correclty when i said that they should give me one week to round off with my present job; or should I have told them that I would start tomorro [which is now today]?

If you have an answer, please let me know, because the pay is too much for me to lose. I cannot afford to lose this job.

If you guys say that I did not answer well, I have the phone number of one of the panel members, I can call him and tell him that I want to start immediately.

Please answer immediately.
    Jojo
    Joshua Otuonye C.<br />08037971139<br />Proudly Nigerian

Re: INTERVIEW QUESTION: WHEN ARE YOU READY TO START WORKING FOR US?

O boy jst 4get d job u up y wnt u jst follow ur mind im tired of u young pple in dis country. anyway jst pray i belive God can touch dem to call u back atleast if u r gud dey will send 4u. all d same guy wake up ehnnn. no job anywhreZ??

Please do not be discouraged.

I believe they asked u if u had a job presently and ur answer was positive. They wouldn&#39;t expect you to just drop that job without rounding up considering that it is an IT job.

Just be positive. There is power in positive thinking and above all commit it to God cos whatever is committed to Him, He is faithful to keep.

I wish u all the best!!!
    Circumstances do not make the man, they reveal him.

JOSHUA YOU DID NOTHING WRONG JUST HAVE FAITH.

SINCE YOU TOLD THEM THAT YOU NEED THE ONE WEEK TO ROUND UP THE WORK YOU HAVE AT HAND AND NOT FOR ANY OTHER THING TO ME IT SHOWS THAT

YOU ARE DEPENDABLE, YOU DO NOT LEAVE A PROJECT UNCOMPLETED

YOU ARE LOYAL TO SOME EXTENT, SO EVEN IF YOU ARE LEAVING THEIR COMPANY TOMORROW, THEY KNOW THAT YOU WILL NOT LEAVE A VERY VITAL AND IMPORTANT JOB UNFINISHED FOR A NEW ONE

SO JOSHUA TAKE YOUR TIME AND PRAY, WE&#39;LL PRAY ALONG WITH YOU.

IT IS WELL

GOD BLESS
    Revelation 22: 11-12

There is no harm in what u told them after all in ur cv u have were u qoute ur job experience and ur present job so just dont worry ok they will call u in JESUS NAME AMEN.
    Cheers.

My brother,

Do not lose any sleep at all, because you answered perfectly well. The interviewers will find you as a reliable and dependable employee toi have. For the simple reason that youy did not want to walk out of your present job without giving them notice or rounding up your present assignment.

Their thought will be that since you can be that reliable as to request for somne time to round up your present assignment and to notify your present employer, you must be reliable, dependable and organised. In other words, whenever you want to leave them, they canm be sure you will not walk out on them without notice.

In fact, the standard time is at least a month notice to your present employer or a month salary in lieu of notice, but it is always good to opt for the notice.

You answered well my dear and i wish you the best of luck.

MY BRODA U AVE JUST SPOKEN WELL,I REMEMBER WEN I WAS TO START WORK WITH MY BOSS AFTER TELLING WOT THE NATURE OF MY JOB WILL BE IN THE PURCHASING DEPT,HIS DOS AND DONT&#39;S HE THEN ASKED ME IF I AVE ANYTIN TO SAY AND I SAID YES THAT I DID LUV TO START WORK IN TWO WEEKS TIME AND HE SAID OK.

SO WEN I GOT OUT I STARTED BLAMING MYSELF THAT I SHLD AVE ASKED FOR A MONTH SEF? SO RELAX BRODA IF THAT JOB IS URS THEN NOTIN WILL STOP IT FRM GETTIN TO U OK?

my guy u&#39;ve answered very well. if you had told them u will start immediately,
    they would have assumed you are unreliable since they know that you are
    already working. Just keep calm be prayerful the job is yours. Cheers

@everyone

Thanks for your contributions. So, some people even think that I did the right thing? And I was killing myself all this while?

Abeg, thanks to you all. I hope to start work [over there] by Wendesday. I am still rounding off my job in my present place of work.

Jojo
    Joshua Otuonye C.<br />08037971139<br />Proudly Nigerian

finally to everyone,in whatever you do,say the truth always even if it will kill you.There is more reward for honesty than there is for Lies.May God open the eyes of our understanding.
    Born To Reign

U DID WHAT U SHOULD DO.IT IS UNLAWFUL TO LEAVE WHERE U ARE WORKING FOR ANOTHER WITHOUT FOLLOWING THE DUE PROCESS OF TENDERING RESIGNATION LETTER.YOU MAY BE ASKED SOMEDAY TO GET A TESTIMONIAL FROM YOUR PREVIOUS PLACE OF WORK.HOW WOULD U FACE THEM IF U LEFT UNCEREMONIOUSLY?SO CHILL!

BLESS U.

jo, actually you&#39;ve done the best thing by answering them that way,but i advice you should follow your mine than your heart.also i think you should have told them you will be available when they actually need you to start.
    but stil best of luck and congratulations in advance.
    monshef.

Jo, u&#39;ve done well cos i can remember when my Uncle was a teacher and went for an interview in Adj. the same question was asked and he told them that he was teaching an exam class i.e SSS 3 which means that he would be available after their SSCE.

DO YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENED?

The company built up this confidence in him and made him branch manager immediately cos they knew he will never leave his work unfinished for another job.
    We must make it house, sure, it is just a matter of time.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast