+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: I WAS SHOT TWICE TO GET ONE JOB OFFER!

I WAS SHOT TWICE TO GET ONE JOB OFFER!

I WAS SHOT TWICE TO GET ONE JOB OFFER!
    The time was around 1830H. I just finished shopping and was about to enter one of the prestiguous institution of learning. The traffic around this neighboorhood is usually busy but this very day, it was the other way round. The silence was so loud.
    I observed from some few distance that policemen were checking people entering the institution, buses were beingstopped and everyone ordered to get down and be searched. I thought for a moment to keep away from the scene and at the same
    time I really do not want to be rough handled by notorious area boys in the vicinity. So, I decided to surrender myself to be searched so that I could gain entrance into the premises of the institution.

At the gate, I met a well known face who runs a Bureau De Change outlet opposite the institution; I greeted him and walked a few steps. Then I turned to ask him what was happening. He immediately told me that there was a bank robbery going on. To my greatest surprise, before he could finish this explanation, one of the policemen pointed his sophisticated grey pistol at him and shot him twice. Still stunned, he pointed the gun at me also and shot me twice. I felt something heavy hit me, I could not talk but fell on a nearby car. Gradually, my life was passing away. I looked ahead of me and asked a policeman man standing nearby (he's handsome, well built and looks more or less like the polished FBI's of the United States) that what happened and he said I'll die because I've been shot. Then, my strength began to fail me and my consciousness was fast eluding me. I felt very weak.
    Few moments later, I heard another gunshot fired twice and I saw another body fell on the ground making the third person shot.
    Few minutes later, the polished so called policeman came near me and lifted me up from where I sprawled on the car possibly to dump me away; as he lifted me, I noticed that I gained a little strength with which I was able to move by myself. Then, I asked him, "Am I going to die?" He answered, "Yes! but gradually". I was not moved, then he asked, "Are you afraid?" I said "No, but I'm sad because there are some things I still wanted to do for God and humanity; but all the same I have tried my best and most importantly, I have accepted Jesus Christ and that means I'm saved and saved for sure. No one can threaten me with HEAVEN!"
    After this statement, the thought of my mother flashed across my mind. Why? Because I'm the only boy of her four children and more so, I'm almost through with my Masters programme at the institution where the incident happened. Jogging behind this very thought was the thought of my dearest fiancee... oh! She'll miss me dearly, she'll cry her life out. I'll miss her too.

As we continued walking, he asked me if I ever thought of dying so "prematurely", I told him that prior the incident, I had thought about death because few hours ago, I'd seen an Okada rider knocked down and gave up the ghost instantly. Few minutes later, top management officials of a bank situated close to the institution came closing in on us from behind. First, I thought they were coming to get my details so that they could inform my people when I'm eventually dead, and secondly, I was thinking of running away to pick my car and drive home straight to die there... but, what if I give up the ghost while driving?
    As we got to the gate of the building where we were going, I declared to the policeman in a tone of confidence saying, " If God says I will not die, that means I will not die". By this time, the officials were on us, then I turned around and declared loudly to them the same thing. One of them, a man, possibly the Branch Manager or Head of Human Resources repeated what I said in a sarcastic manner, but that didn't bother me.

I was ushered into the building. When I entered, I saw some people seated quietly waiting. The third person shot was also ushered in. He came with the officials. I was told to sit in one of the chairs in the room. I was told that all of us there have been shot and about to die.
    Dear reader, to my surprise, the people I saw including myself have been shortlisted to resume work with the bank. I was told that the bullets contain only tranquilisers. The staff I saw came around so as to address us about our new duties.
    Can this happen in Nigeria? You may ask.
    As this scene faded away, I woke up from my sleep... I looked at my time, it reads 2345H. So, it was all a dream.

Dear reader, there are so many lessons embedded in this message. Pick the one applicable to you and apply it to your life. As for me, the central thing I can draw out from this experience is that... The road may be rough but my expectation shall be fulfilled.

Secondly, if you're truly trusting God for a good job offer, then take this job hunt of a thing with patience and be calm. Let God perform the wonder.
    Do you know the work of a tranquiliser?

If you've been blessed by this message, kindly send a mail to let me know at [email protected] or post your comment here.
    I wish you all the best God desires for you. See you at the top!!!
    [email protected]<br />+234-803-5268-265<br />+234-805-6180-267<br />Nigeria.

Re: I WAS SHOT TWICE TO GET ONE JOB OFFER!

That was a poetic and satirist piece bro, I think you should be writing columns for some national dailies, you'd make some cash off that. But mind you, things can only move the way we steer our hearts, plans, prospects and then our energy. God will always grant the grace if we ASK and BELIEVE.

Many people haven't got empoyed yet because God is taking some stuff off them lest they make mistakes when they have all the money.

PATIENCE answers it all. Be patient! Be positive!!
    Heal the world, however positively you can.

PEACE!
    Heal the world, however positively you can.

Quote Originally Posted by DEENYZE
    That was a poetic and satirist piece bro, I think you should be writing columns for some national dailies, you'd make some cash off that. But mind you, things can only move the way we steer our hearts, plans, prospects and then our energy. God will always grant the grace if we ASK and BELIEVE.

Many people haven't got empoyed yet because God is taking some stuff off them lest they make mistakes when they have all the money.

PATIENCE answers it all. Be patient! Be positive!!
    This is part i like most, it is so down to earth..
    Secondly, if you're truly trusting God for a good job offer, then take this job hunt of a thing with patience and be calm. Let God perform the wonder
    We job seekers hav to really take tins easy as our desperation are often exploited by these job scamists.

Cheers!

brother,infact your piece was great...do i hear my self say piece?..NO..your large was great..

I love the way the story was narrated and comported..Lets all wait on the Lord,He knows the best for us..../
    thanks

shooter

My Bros,

Honestly i must commend that piece, it's just wondaful,i will like to state here that waiting could be very painful especially when it's not forthcoming but i will like to encourage everyone,patience answers all,from my experience so far, we all need to apply faith becos with faith we can move mountains, God is not sleeping on u, although it may take time for that which u've been expecting to come but it will surely come cos Destiny delayed is never destiny denied.U all should take the case of Job in the bible as an example,he once had everything that could make life so beautiful but what happened,just within a twinkle of an eye, he lost all but he never allowed his faith to wither and at the end what happened?he was blessed.It is well.
    JEHOVAH JIREH IS GOOD TO ME

WELL THIS IS A GOOD PIECE OF ADVICE I APPRECIATE IT.

+ Reply