+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Topic: I need a lil help, I'm a very shy person how do i face Interview Panel?

Re: I need a lil help, I'm a very shy person how do i face Interview Panel?

hey. when next you go to an interview try selecting the most comfortable face in front on you and focus on him or her.it works like magic

i really struck by your plight,but the joy of it is that i was more shy than u do b/4 i started going for job interviews,the mistake i made then was ,each time i set out 4 an interview what normally came to my mind is that i must get this job.Once u have this do or die intension,u would start panicking and just simple question one will up.What helped i.e that made me confident is that each time i go for an interview,i always had it in mind that is either i get this job or not,so this help me to be my normal self.i wish gudluck

You could also start by asking yourself some sincere and objective questions like:

1. Why am I shy? well maybe you think your looks aren't good enough as to give that head-turning-effect. Understand that nobody is the best in looks, its a relative term. Moresover, if you think, some things like visible acne (pimples), eczema, or shaving bumps etc. are reasons for this, take some time and give an extra care to your face and body generally, like bathing regularly, seeing a dermathologist etc. But don't make a fuss about it.

2. Are there people who have been through this problem before now? Can I tell you that the person writing this piece was once almost hopelessly and helpessly shy. infact I concluded secretly those days that, If I meet 'her' and she is interested in the relationship, if she doesn't propose to me (the guy), then let's forget about it, believe me it was to that extent. But, I can tell you that I'm in a serious lovely relationship now with a lady of my dreams which will be consumated soon. You will in some instances naturally outgrow it.

3. Are people actually thinking about me the way I think about myself? To a great extent NO! Infact some of the people who you think are SUPER-BOLD humans do have some element of this shyness, it does occur once in a while and under different occasions. Just tell yourself, "people are not really thinking or looking at me the way I think they are doing". Just get on with life normally. Most of the people who you are shy before, do realise that they will see you for only a very infinitesimal fraction of time of your life and thus what they have to say (if at all they do) is of no significance to you, as to make you shy.

All these and more are practical ways life taught me how to overcome my shyness, never read it from anywhere and it did work for me and it still does. Also the great contributions above will sure help to see you on the other side of shyness.
    Best Regards.
    Emmy

shyness would lead u no where,so in ur best interest overcome it coz u r now a grown up.
    u have to take d bull by d horn.

fear is just false evidence appearing real
    since it is false dont make it real

try to always do the things you fear and the death of fear is certain.

here is the therapy that worked for me: start speaking out loud verses on boldness like: 'the righteous is as bold as lion..., i have not received the spirit of fear and timidity but of boldness and sound mind..., i have the mind of Christ..., the Lord is my strenght who shall i fear..., greater is He that is in me..., the grace of God is at work in me...etc'. practice it every morning and any time you feel fear rising in you. face the panel bearing in mind that God is in you and as soon as you open your mouth He speaks through you.
    moreover, 'fear not' appeared 360 times in the Bible, enough for each day of the year, so you have no bussiness being afraid when THE ALMIGHTY has said 'fear not'! you are from the tribe of the lion of juda, which means you are a lion, lions aren't shy they are bold. Dare to be bold! its that easy.

its fear that is ur problem not shyness......................... confront somebody and mess ursef up its a rewarding venture it works.

umunnakwenu

Well almost everybody pass thru d same prbm in one way or d other at a point in a lifetime.But tday dia story has changed bcos dey took d bull by d horn.Try 2 be contributing in daily conversation with people.I tell u dis wil be a forgotten issue.Pls shy not.

Hi Treasure85,
    not to worry just believe in yourself, remember your interviwers started out being interwieved also.
    You may folp the fisrt time or two but you will get the hang of it soon.

@ Pharuk
    now that was rude thinking it was a cheap way of attracting "cheap girls".
    It was unnecessary.
    Live everyday as if your last

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12