+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: House what Made The Difference?

House what Made The Difference?

Recently, two graduates were invited to a grand dinner for the launching of their university’s Old Boys Alumni Association.

Ten years after graduating they were still very much alike. Both had graduated from the same department the same year and with the same Degree.

Both were happily married. Both had three children. And both, it turned out, had gone to work for the same new generation bank after graduation, and both were still working there.

But there was one astonishing difference. That difference came out clearly when it was time for donations.

One man could only afford to donate N15,000 to the Old Boy’s Association, the other donated N1,000,000 (One Million Naira).

One of the men was a unit head of a small department in a small branch of that bank. The other man was the bank's Managing Director. What Made The Difference?

Re: House what Made The Difference?

That's a tough call, cos other variables in connection with jobs and incentives accompanying their employment and performances were not given.
    well first we'll have to discover if and who makes his money legally or illegally, cos for some the standards that accompany good moral values doesn't hold water for them, secondly let's consider the attitude of individuals in respect to giving, while for some it's a way of life for others you won't catch them dead giving anything, cos at every point in time they consider a whole lot of things before they give.

So taking into consideration these variables one might begin to understand why there is a difference in the amounts donated by these 2 gentlemen.

Remain Blessed All
    Thanks<br /><br />Remain Blessed All,<br />Best Regards,<br />Naija4Life.

Quote Originally Posted by saint2ace
    That's a tough call, cos other variables in connection with jobs and incentives accompanying their employment and performances were not given.

So taking into consideration these variables one might begin to understand why there is a difference in the amounts donated by these 2 gentlemen.

Remain Blessed All
    @saint2ace
    The way I see it the variables are given. They both graduated the same year, from the same department, with the same degree and both were employed by the same new generation bank.

Both these men gave what they could afford to lose and do without.

While one is an ordinary unit head receiving a controlled salary the other is the Managing Director of the Bank controlling Everything. Awesome!!!

What made the difference?

Quota system. The other guy had godfathers and maybe was from the North.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Seyi
    Quota system. The other guy had godfathers and maybe was from the North.
    @Prince Seyi
    That shows your ignorance. Why do you Nigerians always like to hide behind your ignorance?

Ignorance is what makes you Nigerians to fail.

If you dont know anything then shut up.

People who succeed and achieve more than their mates do 2 very important things
    1) They work hard.
    2)They have more knowledge

Dont give me that B.S. about coming from the North. In fact most Northerners are more hard working than you 419, scamming ,militant southerners.

@billion_naira!

I think your response is rather harsh. You didn't need to flare up especially at Prince seyi. He only gave his opinion.

And if I may ask, are you a Northerner?

I'll advice you not to bring up North/South issue up here because I can assure you that you will get more than you can imagine.

Try and be matured and let sleeping dogs lie.
    No One Will Know You Are Honest Unless You Give Out Samples!

NA WAH OOOOO, WHY ALL THESE, PLS I WOULD WANT TO BELIVE THAT EVERYONE IN THIS HOUSE IS ABOVE 18, PLS, PLS, I HATE IT WHEN I SEE PEOPLE BEHAVING THIS WAY.LET SLEEPING DOGS LIE OK
    JEHOVAH JIREH IS GOOD TO ME

@ billionaire boy

"Dont give me that B.S. about coming from the North. In fact most Northerners are more hard working than you 419, scamming ,militant southerners."

its a SHAME that you can post such comments here or anywhere. While seyi is wrong to refer to Northerners as Godfathers, it does not justify your reply.Its obvious that you come from the North, but you are a disgrace to the North whos interest you think you are protecting

I believe corrections have been taking by the errant housemate, whether we like it or not we are a family here, east ,west, north or south we all have something to contribute.
    So pls let's see ourselves as brothers and sister which we are and not as individuals who need to prove a point.
    I rest my case.

I believe corrections have been taking by the errant housemate, whether we like it or not we are a family here, east ,west, north or south we all have something to contribute.
    So pls let's see ourselves as brothers and sister which we are and not as individuals who need to prove a point.
    I rest my case.
    @ saint2ace
    Thanks man

@ oduahobed
    Pally I apologise for the post. No harm meant.

House please pardon the excessive use of inflammatory language. We are brothers and sisters just like saint2ace said.

@billion_naira

it's nice to know that we nigerians still have dignity, you just shown that you are a man of strong character and high values, i believe i speak for the house as i say kudos, cos like the words of our elders say "it take a man to make a mistake, it takes a great man to acknowledge his mistakes and it takes an even greater man to apologies for his mistakes, so i say always remain the greater man.

ehen before i forget @good fortune you still haven't given us the answer to the question abi you don forget?

ehen before i forget @good fortune you still haven't given us the answer to the question abi you don forget?
    Thank you thank saint2ace. Well, well, well. After that slight interruption from the errant house mate can we go back to our deliberations.....? Good.

As we were saying. How can two people have so much in common and yet be so different? Same age....same university....same degree.... same bank.....and take note (@Billion_Naira)......same state....and same ethnic group.........the only difference

After 10 years of working in the same bank they are no longer mates....... one is an ordinary unit head the other........Managing Director and CEO of the bank!............What made the difference

@ Good Fortune

You never answer de question oh.

Anyway I go yarn about difference after.

But for now house, I beg, if anybody see Jeanie make una help me beg am? That babe too sharp.Tell am say I dey greet am. Tell Jeanie say i dey tell am say "How Levels?"

+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast