+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: AKINTOLA WILLIAMS DELOITTE VS UNILEVER NIG PLC

AKINTOLA WILLIAMS DELOITTE VS UNILEVER NIG PLC

HOUSE PLS SOMEONE HELP ME MAKE AN ELABORATE DISTINCTION TO HELP ME CHOOSE BTW DELOITTE AND UNILEVER . I AM BELIEVING GOD FOR BOTH , AND ALREADY DONE MEDICALS FOR AKINTILA WILLIAMS DELOITTE, AND UNILEVR LAST STAGE ... PLS CAN SOMEONE ANALYSE BOTH FIFMS FOR ME TO KNOW WHICH TO PICK

Re: AKINTOLA WILLIAMS DELOITTE VS UNILEVER NIG PLC

How abt prayers?if u'r an account oriented person,i think deloitte wld b beta bcos its an audit firm.bt if u'r nt,do u rly wana go in2 accounting?if not.unilever is a 1daful coy 2 build a career.take time 2 thnk tru nd pray tru.gudluck.
    S

Re:

D ultimate thing to do is prayers only. Nobody can advise u beta than folowing yr instinct afta seekin God's guidance b/c som wil b in suport 4 u to go for unilever others akintola. Dey ar al private firms of international repute,u wont regret yr decision to work for any of dem. Gudluck as u make yr 'final' decision.

My brother the 1st thing is to ask God.nw my own contribution is dat ur career is very important if u ar an acc person i believe akintola is good 4u bcoz u will gain experience and later in future u can start ur own auditing firm.on the other hand unilever is nt bad at all.

Hey it depends on d position ur goin in 4 & wat ur discipline is. My sis served with Deloitte, but as an IT personnel, but 4rm her experience ther,I can say they are an Accounting & Audit firm of International reputation. But they may nt pay as much as Unilever.
    Unilever is also great judging from the fact that they are a Multinational & would be a good environment to grow. So pray & take ur pick.

I dont know y people like askin such questions. If u ve gone thru d series of assessments and interviews 4 both firms and suceeded, u must ve done ur company research and by now, i believe u shld know wat u r goin for.
    I believe people (like u)just like askin such to show off. They ve already decided where 2 go but just want to show off!

Quote Originally Posted by engine101
    I dont know y people like askin such questions. If u ve gone thru d series of assessments and interviews 4 both firms and suceeded, u must ve done ur company research and by now, i believe u shld know wat u r goin for.
    I believe people (like u)just like askin such to show off. They ve already decided where 2 go but just want to show off!
    loooool
    let him be man.there's always a time when u need pple's opinions.
    @enno...i bliv u dint get to this stage without God and if u know HE's brought u dis far,HE sure's not gonna leave u just yet.so,do what u've done frm d outset.
    All d best wherever u end up

Very good comment @zealaud

Talk 2 baba God first and then follow is leading....................

Forget this accounting and auditing about akintola williams................... the name is actually Delliotte has u already know,
    there is a consulting part in it, the firm is actually divided into auditing, consulting and taxation. i think one of the best places to start of one's career is a consulting firm, the pay may not be ok initially but after about 3 or 4 years u will be a hot cake. i am talking frm xperience. i wish U all da God's best

Unilever all the way. You stand to benefit more from UFLP in 3 years. Moreover the pay should be better. Both are of great repute. You may want to wait till you have both appointment letters before making a decision.
    Grace upon grace...I'm favoured.

gzl

@Enno: there's no point wasting time comparing d two. Unilever is obviously better for d fact dat you'll b taken in as a Management Trainee & you'll b exposed 2 every part of d business (Tax & Audit inclusive). D likes of Deloitte, KPMG, E&Y, etc should not b compared wit Manufacturing Coys. Even If u decide 2 go wit deloitte now, u'll stil find urself searchin 4 employment in a Manufacturing coy (or maybe Oil Coy) later. I can tel u dis bcos a good number of our (Cad...) staff in d Finance (even a few in HR) dept actually left KPMG & dey testify dat their work in d Manufacturing coy is actually more demanding & it's a real time application of wat they used to do.
    So,wit dis point of mine, I hp I've bn able 2 convince u & not confuse u dat Unilever is d better choice... Thank you.
    "You don't win the Silver, You only lose the Gold"...ENGR-GENERAL OF THE FEDERATION (1ST)

Quote Originally Posted by gzl
    @Enno: there's no point wasting time comparing d two. Unilever is obviously better for d fact dat you'll b taken in as a Management Trainee & you'll b exposed 2 every part of d business (Tax & Audit inclusive). D likes of Deloitte, KPMG, E&Y, etc should not b compared wit Manufacturing Coys. Even If u decide 2 go wit deloitte now, u'll stil find urself searchin 4 employment in a Manufacturing coy (or maybe Oil Coy) later. I can tel u dis bcos a good number of our (Cad...) staff in d Finance (even a few in HR) dept actually left KPMG & dey testify dat their work in d Manufacturing coy is actually more demanding & it's a real time application of wat they used to do....
    ....Well spoken!
    No One Will Know You Are Honest Unless You Give Out Samples!

Quote Originally Posted by gzl
    @Enno: there's no point wasting time comparing d two. Unilever is obviously better for d fact dat you'll b taken in as a Management Trainee & you'll b exposed 2 every part of d business (Tax & Audit inclusive). D likes of Deloitte, KPMG, E&Y, etc should not b compared wit Manufacturing Coys. Even If u decide 2 go wit deloitte now, u'll stil find urself searchin 4 employment in a Manufacturing coy (or maybe Oil Coy) later. I can tel u dis bcos a good number of our (Cad...) staff in d Finance (even a few in HR) dept actually left KPMG & dey testify dat their work in d Manufacturing coy is actually more demanding & it's a real time application of wat they used to do.

@ gzl: I beg to differ on your comment. I believe a person's choice between 2 or more offers is based on the following :

a. Where you want to major on (especially when the offers have different job functions)?
    b. Do you regard money(higher pay) as a major source of motivation and/or there are pressing needs that a higher pay check will cover?
    c. Whether or not you want to practice the course you studied while in the university.
    d. The organisational structure and opportunity for career advancement.

However, I agree that:-

1. Yes, some people might have left the big 4 for a specific industry but that doesn't mean that the workload in the consulting field isn't demanding too.

2. Yes, they are both multi-nationals and Unilever and probably Unilever has a higher pay.

3. Yes, they should not be compared with each other because one is manufacturing while the other renders professional services to a wide range of clients which cuts across a number of industries.

@ Enno: The fact still remains that when we pray to God for directions in this aspect, we usually already have our minds biased towards one company over another. We might not even get a clear direction the way we expect it to be.
    You need to assess your inner self. As a previous poster said, if you are smart enough to come this far with these 2 offers, then you are smart enough to make the right choice. Be sincere with yourself.
    THE CHOICE IS YOURS.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast