“But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, THE WORD OF FAITH, WHICH WE PREACH”—Romans 10: 8

I had attended Church meetings right from my childhood. But suffice to say, that for all those many years, I never knew what true Christianity was really all about. Until I heard the testimonies of my cousin-Prince Aniobi- who got into a denomination that preaches the WORD OF FAITH…

Who eventually got baptized in the Holy Ghost, and started practicing what he was taught as a lifestyle. And as a result, the testimonies he always shared with me, each time we got in contact, were totally dumbfounding and staggering. Yet they were very true. In fact, the evidences were undeniable.

So eventually, with time, as God will have it, I finally decided to give my life totally to God and toe the line of faith- for the rest of my life. And like my cousin, I joined the same denomination he worships at. After my first meeting in the branch I worshiped, we were informed of the Foundation Class. Where we would receive the baptism in the Holy Ghost, with the Biblical evidence of speaking in Other Tongues…

I excitedly went for it, with great expectations. After the Holy Ghost baptismal class and prayer sessions, I received the baptism of the Holy Ghost with the evidence of speaking in other Tongues- along with others.

And like my cousin, as I continued attending the services and applying all I was hearing, I started duplicating the same results my cousin was getting…

I started living a sickness free, hospital free and drug free life. I started daring the things I could never dare before then, and coming out of all of them victorious by the special grace of God.

The few folks that are very close to me, who saw how I lived my life by faith, and eventually followed suit, started duplicating my testimonies-by the grace of God- especially in their health.

One of such person that is still actively living in the same testimony of perfect health till date, is my lovely wife to be- my fiancée. And by the special grace of God, I’m still enjoying a sickness free, hospital free and drug free life-amongst several other miraculous testimonies till date…

But that is not to say, I never had some challenging situations that God allowed to strengthen my faith in him. I had gotten several trying times, but the Lord God has always been faithful to always give me a way out of all of them.

Because just as my Pastor-Dr. David Oyedepo- says, “It is scriptural to be challenged, but it is unscriptural to be defeated”.

In my country, many Christians are getting access to this supernatural lifestyle (the lifestyle of faith) on a daily basis, and are eternally grateful to God for it.

But eventually, since the Lord led me to start ministering the word of Righteousness and Faith- that he has given me- in the Internet, I have been (and still) aghast and bewildered at many “supposed believers” reactions to the Word of Faith.

Any biblical truth that is related to the Word of Faith, has continually received a great bashing. Yet the entire Bible- Both old and new testament- speaks of only one thing, and that is- THE WORD OF FAITH.

The other time, as I shared a message on prosperity from the revelation the Lord gave me, I received several bashing. In short, one of those commenter- with an unscriptural zeal- went as far as saying; “Give to receive garbage, is just that- garbage”.

As she wrote that, I quickly pointed out the implication of what her comment was insinuating. I pointed out to her that by making such a statement, she had inadvertently said Jesus was preaching garbage…

Because Jesus personally said; “Give and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bossom…” (Luke 6:3.

As she saw this hard cold truth, she just put up a baseless defense and from that time, she had been avoiding my posts. Though, I couldn’t careless, if someone avoids me for saying the truth.

If the whole gospel is to be summarized in a three word phrase, it is going to be “Word Of Faith” as the Apostle Paul rightly called it in our opening scripture (Rom 10:.

What baffles me the most about these folks that kick against the Word of Faith -that is totally scriptural-is that they wholeheartedly believe and adhere to many anti-scriptural doctrines.

Most of them who believe that by their kicking against The Word of Faith, are the Holiest, are the meanest people you could ever converse with. From what I have observed, most of them have long tongue- which is definitely not a holy virtue.

Hence, by this article, I’m here to clear the air concerning what the Word of Faith is truly about and what it is not. I’m here to point out clearly and boldly that the Word of Faith is absolutely scriptural. As can be seen in the teachings of Our Lord Jesus Christ; The Acts of The Apostles; The Epistles of Paul the Apostle and the rest…

The entire book of Philippians, Galatians and Hebrews are dedicated to the Word of Faith. In short, Jesus reacted disappointingly to unbelief. The scriptures says, “He could not do much mighty works in a particular city as a result of the people’s unbelief” (Matt 13:5.

From scriptures, it is very clear that one of the greatest sin against God is unbelief. It was what made God to destroy most of the Children of Israel in the wilderness. Especially those that went to spy out the Promised Land and brought back unbelieving reports to God (Numbers 14).

Misconceptions About The Word Of Faith

Many people are against The Word of Faith Movement as a result of some misconceptions. For some, they believe the preachers of the Word of Faith are self-exalting. But on the contrary, that’s not it. Instead, when the preachers share their testimonies, they do so to encourage your faith…

When a Word of Faith Practitioner, charges the afflicted not to confess the bad situation they’re going through, they are in essence trying to help the brother or sister trust the LORD for speedy intervention.

The Word of Faith Practitioner, is never in any way meaning that he/she never goes through any challenge. But they are in essence telling you that whatever contrary situation you’re going through, is not the best of God for you (if it is, then you must ensure God told you so)…

They are only trying to lend a helping hand by trying to stir up your faith with their words. Even when some of the words are provocative, they only want to provoke you into a kind of righteous indignation, so you can quickly come out of the affliction.

I have personally seen these kind of righteous and lovely rebukes, work great and speedy miracles in the lives of some of my friends; as I charged them amidst their afflictions- and they are righteously provoked.

I can go on and on talking about the humongous benefits of the Word of Faith Movement, only that I want to be as concise as possible.
So in conclusion, I want to exhort that, if you have been having anything against The Word of Faith- probably out of misconceptions- quickly desist from it. Because to have or say anything against The Word of Faith, is to be speaking against the entire scriptures…

It is to be speaking against Jesus and His Holy Spirit- who is the Author and Finisher of our Faith.

Agreed-there are many fakes as much as there are so many genuine practitioners. But be that as it may, it is not a yardstick to holistically discredit the Word and the supernatural manifestations of the Almighty God. To do that, is to be falling into one of the most proliferating end time sin; which is, “Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof” (2 Timothy 3:5).

May you never fall into this trap in the mighty name of Jesus! May the Lord help your understanding and faith in the mighty name of Jesus Christ!

Remain Blessed!

Emeke Odili