+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: What's an Old Dog Like me to do with GMAT?

Thumbs up What's an Old Dog Like me to do with GMAT?

The above question is rhetorical and serves only to psyche up myself for the task of NNPC GMAT at hand, but if you feel compelled to answer it, by all means, please be my guest.

I'm a graduate of the humanities with nearly seven years experience behind me and in prepping for this job test, I scoured online forums looking for hints and all I get is is GMAT and SHL.

I was no dumb while in school (graduated top of my class) and God knows that in my early days of job-hunting I took down a couple of GMATs. I could hold down my own in basic arithmetic stuff and Alan Greenspan's got just a few nicks of yard on me on economics and international monetary issues and the politics of it. But what in the world is SHL?

Eight years out of school and seven years of never needing to add one plus one except just to check if my pay packet is complete and now to face GMAT and an unfamiliar nastier cousin called SHL? Great Gawd, I feel an a tiny tinge of trepidation...no I'm scared sh*tless!!!!
    Dee

Re: What's an Old Dog Like me to do with GMAT?

LOL..@YOMI DARE: Welcome to the wonderful world of Nigerian Recruitment saga..my Brother believe me..it gets much worse than that.
    I have written an aptitude test where some HR schmuck thought he cld impress his boss or who the heck ever by throwing in som crap called "CRYPTIC CODES"..& it goes like: COMPLETE THE STATEMENTS: (1.) 18 H in a GC...& the answer is supposed to be "18 HOLES IN A GOLF COURSE"..(2) 366 D In A LY. Ans: "366 DAYS IN A LEAP YEAR"..can u believe that?..The worse was this: 3 B M, SHTR..& the answer was: "3 BLIND MICE, SEE HOW THEY RUN"
    Not to talk of questions on Trigonometric ratios & Pythagoras Theorems where we were asked to write in the answers ourselves with no options & sometimes it was to be in 3 significant figures.....& this was an Oil servicing Company for f**k's sake (which ended up hiring 4 out of about 800 or more of us)....But how we go do?.. Man must survive. Good luck.

bros,we dey the same shoe.....but i dey read the book.
    i go try...na God get the rest

no be small thing my bros.

No be small thing. whoever concocted that test must have been a kid hooked on sms messaging.
    Dee

.@YOMI DARE: Welcome to the wonderful world of Nigerian Recruitment saga..my Brother believe me..it gets much worse than that.
    I have written an aptitude test where some HR schmuck thought he cld impress his boss or who the heck ever by throwing in som crap called "CRYPTIC CODES"..& it goes like: COMPLETE THE STATEMENTS: (1.) 18 H in a GC...& the answer is supposed to be "18 HOLES IN A GOLF COURSE"..(2) 366 D In A LY. Ans: "366 DAYS IN A LEAP YEAR"..can u believe that?..The worse was this: 3 B M, SHTR..& the answer was: "3 BLIND MICE, SEE HOW THEY RUN"

Whoever concocted something like this must have been a child hooked on sms messaging?

+ Reply