+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 44 of 57 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Topic: Total e & p nigeria limited interview update

Re: Total e & p nigeria limited interview update

Quote Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
    @Devonian

This applies contract TEPNG's staffs. This category of workers didn't apply through their website.The full-time staffs to which most of us belongs have a fix salary scale with Total Group for instance if you are a junior maintenance engineer you have the same salary with someone bearing the same title in the US,Angola etc.

So they are not easily fined. Currently they are just about 3100 nation-wide.
    What you wrote about Total salary being fixed world wide is not true. We do not need to argue because I am 100% sure. Salaries in Total Nigeria is much more than the salary you get in Europe and America except you have an expat contract.

Come on guys.....Back to the matter
    It's the job of unions and their leaders to agitate from time to time to enhance the living and working conditions of their members.
    Protest and strikes are their bargaining assets and every company experiences this, so it is not uncommon

In this forum, we want to reason together, share information and assure each other that our desires will be fully accomplished.

Cheers
    mokshaq likes this.
    Seek ye first God in all u do and he shall give you the desires of your heart

The strike action embarked upon by the staff has been called off.
    Goodluck.

so when do we hear from them? this back-and-forth is taking sooo looong !!!

Quote Originally Posted by 2goo View Post
    What you wrote about Total salary being fixed world wide is not true. We do not need to argue because I am 100% sure. Salaries in Total Nigeria is much more than the salary you get in Europe and America except you have an expat contract.
    Why do you think some people apply through Career in Africa (CIA) and others through their official website www.total.com/careers? After all the site is available to guys in the diaspora. Interestingly it is the same site use for all Total recruitment- UK,US Indonesia etc

It is because the Basic pay structure forms one of the screening criteria which is not used for guys that applied through CIA any excess to this as a result of your expertise or special skill is given to you as benefits which accounts for the different pay package.

But TOTAL has a basic pay structure that is the same through out the world.It is the same software that TOTAL use for recruitment and Compensation management. When you are hired your data is automatically uploaded to their payroll any other pay is added as benefits.
    Last edited by coolguy; Mar 24th, 14 at 09:57 am.

Quote Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
    Why do you think some people apply through Career in Africa (CIA) and others through their official website www.total.com/careers? After all the site is available to guys in the diaspora. Interestingly it is the same site use for all Total recruitment- UK,US Indonesia etc

It is because the Basic pay structure forms one of the screening criteria which is not used for guys that applied through CIA any excess to this as a result of your expertise or special skill is given to you as benefits which accounts for the different pay package.

But TOTAL has a basic pay structure that is the same through out the world.It is the same software that TOTAL use for recruitment and Compensation management. When you are hired your data is automatically uploaded to their payroll any other pay is added as benefits.
    I am very sure of what I am saying because I attended Total interview in The Netherlands in 2012 and the money they were ready to pay was not encouraging (though not bad for the European standard) compared to Nigeria and what I was earning then. I also worked with many ex Total international staff here in Europe and they also complain about unfair salary for those in Europe.

pls so sorry to deviate from d original topic. pls i received a mail from shell abt an online assessment for their SRD. pls i wud like to knw wat kind of questions are asked for the numerical part. pls thank you

@biotech, you can search online for a related discussion, here is mainly for TOTAL forum.Thank you

Pls, I need an update on Egina project.

I got an email from Total today which i have posted below:

Dear XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX,

CV Request

We thank you for your interest in TOTAL

Please could you send to us a copy of your updated CV as soon as possible.

Also, kindly let us know your current location and how we can reach you on phone.

Thank you.

Yours Sincerely,

The Recruitment Team
    For: Total Exploration and Production Nigeria Limited

FPIs for GSR candidates in a bit..Yippeeee!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    FPIs for GSR candidates in a bit..Yippeeee!!!!!!!

Hello Devonian....abeg share the details o....we don wait tire!

Quote Originally Posted by Gideonyte View Post
    Hello Devonian....abeg share the details o....we don wait tire!
    Im sorry for not saying it all..Was too excited....I've learnt that a date is currently being sought for the FPI. Its still scheduled for Q1 and CVs have been sent to the palenists for preparation following the last request for updated CVs. Thats the news, guys! Some field ops guys have had their interviews/medicals and i know that at least 1 or 2 have been given offers....Things are opening up although i dont yet know the status of the prolonged negotiations which may affect contract terms. Does anyone have info regarding this?

+ Reply
Page 44 of 57 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast