+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Today is My Birthday, What have I achieved in the past one year?

Today is My Birthday, What have I achieved in the past one year?

Thanks for clicking on this thread, I really need your opinion on 'WHAT IT TAKES TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN LIFE'

Today is my 20 something birthday celebration, and am asking myself whats there to celebrate, I cant say I have achieved some thing in the past year. I graduated in 2007 from Uniben with a Second Class upper (CGPA 4.212) By February 26th 2009, I passed out from service year ever since then till now, Its been from one interview to another. The one that pained me the most was IPS of last year. I resigned to prepare for the exam. I passed the exam, but I wasn't successfull at the interview.

And here I am contemplating whether to apply again or not. This whole thing is getting me really Annoyed.

In the last one year, No show yet. FRANKLY SPEAKING I THOUGHT I WOULD HAVE GOTTEN A JOB BY NOW. Its like going round in circles. I don't get it. Does any one out there feel the way I feel?

And I ask myself WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO SUCCEED IN THIS LIFE.
    Someone will say GOD, YES know. Thats Primary, Hardwork, Persistence, these are basics. But maybe there is something am not doing right. Am really disturbed.

Then I ask myself whats there to celebrate on my birthday.....

Maybe I should just thank God am alive because I've lost some friends to the cruel hands of death.

But I know, there is much more to this life than just being alive.

Please house I need your opinion on WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCEED IN LIFE.

I look forward to hearing from you...

Your Truly,
    Enigmani

Re: Today is My Birthday, What have I achieved in the past one year?

do u knw 2day is my bday? and i feel exactly d way u do. am tinking trying out other coasts. i have even refused to notify my friends abt my bday. jus those that c on face book. i jus hope 1 day i will look back and laugh at this period. ur bday mate and friend.

Hello my friend, i can't help but reply to this post.it's as if u stole my thought u know,i wld also be celebrating my twenty-smthn birthday in a few days,graduated in 2007 (Mechanical Engr-2:1) but i find myself working in an insurance coy.let me assure u dt u ar nt d only one in this & it's nt bcos u ar nt getting something right,it's just d pahtetic situation of our country dt we have 2 contend with, but I AM SURE THERE IS LIGHT @ THE END OF THE TUNNEL...........HAPPY BIRTHDAY FRIEND.lol!

guys relax,God has something great for you,just that there is appointed time for everyone and everything under the heaven,when you talk like this,what of your colleague in the grave?

what matter most is that you should realise yourself, who you really are and press it hard, heaven has answered you prayers for long but maybe prince of persier is delaying your answer,never mind my brother,for Almighty to have kept you till now,he has a purpose for your been alive

ask yourself,what if you were aborted by your parent when you were conceived?...., what if you never hard opportunity to go to school..... what if you are lunatic or agbero.....what if what if what if.....

my brothers and sister there is alot to celebrate,when your blessing is at the corner, enemy would want to distract you and discourage you,you should not make him happy by not been appreciative!!!

men it's your day to be happy.....Teach us to number our days..that we may put our heart unto wisdom,pls, put your heart unto knowledge and ....

test God and ask him for your birthday gift for this year and see may be He is goin to give you or not

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!......
    it only requires an extra effort to become extraordinary,strife more buddy

Today is also my birthday so congratulations to us both .I think the celebration is the gift of life man as i have discovered most times would never be satisfied .As for the job issue it is coming soon than expected cos God has a timing which the deepest thought cannot fathom .I'll leave you with this lifes battle does not go to the stronger or faster man but sooner or later the one who wins is one who thinks he can .Remain on top

Happy Birthday to you all! May the favour of the Most High God encompass you all and fill your live's with laughter,Amen.I believe there is more for you in this life,just see this period as a time of learning.Over time i believe your thought patterns have changed,there is now more trust in God and of course the knowledge that what we have is not by our might but just His grace,there is more appreciaton for people and somethings that we took for granted.
    We can define success in so many ways,i believe true success can only be found in God Almighty,I'd like you on this day to request something that is of the greatest value,that God should reveal His will for your life and help you to follow that path,there you would find true success and when the time comes to stand before Him and give account of what you have done with all He gave you,you'd stand strong.Weeping may endure for the night but joy comes in the morning,dont concentrate so much on the weeping of the night and miss your morning.Be gratefull for the gift of life,good health,your friends and loved ones,even for the global technology that allows us apply for jobs online,especially those that have no connections in all these big companies.My dear if you'd be thankful,You'd see a quick work in your life.Dance,shout,celebrate God and you'd sure be celebrated.Happy Birthday,Happy Life!

Ur story is quite sympatetic, bt am very convincd u ar nt d only 1 in dis situation. My friend graduated even b4 i gt admision, bt 2day we ar both at INEC office waitn 4 interview. U hv nt don anytin rong neither hs my friend don. Ur problem is dat we ar living in d wrong at d wrong time. Bt believe me d sky is ur stating point.
    M

Calm down guy! Success I believe lies in d hands of God. Well I just dont understand how God Himself appriopriate it. You just left school 2007. There folks I know who left with good 2.1 in an engineering course since over 6 years ago but there has hardly been a job for them to do. I remember when I was in school, some folks wont bother about lectures and reading for exams but depend on expo and sorting lectures, some just hard third class but today, many of them are far ahead of me that was there for every lectures and worked extra hard to have my 2.1 yet I havent hard d opportunity of getting that my dream job. I am hopeful it will eventually come. It is a matter of time. So just be prayerful and trust on God!

some people have first class without a very promising job.thank God that u are alive instead of sampling ur CPGA.
    So praise him and at his own appointed time he will do it for u.

God knows best my brother.This post is a true message to me.God will surprise u and give u good success.

Hmmm, thanks for wishing me a happy birthday celebration. I'll read through all your posts and I appreciate it.

But one more question, most guys talk of God's appointed time.

I'll like to know, when is this GOD'S APPOINTED TIME. How will I know when the time has come. I need your comments please.

yea, i feel you bro... first of al, api buf day to you and those celebrating...
    Everyone knows that its quite fustrating afta going tru al that stress in skool and end up roaming about one test centre or the other....really, i fil you but am telling you that you are not the only one... but you need to keep your head high and keep praying.
    He will definitely answer you...
    Api buf day one mo tym.... do me a favor...
    give yourself a treat... get some nice chops for ursef... just make urself cul and laff out the pains... takia

My Guy, God does his thing in his own way without anybody's knowlegde, if anybody tells you that, this is how God does his things or he/she knows the time, the person is just decieving you...just pray for your time to come soonest and when it comes you should be able to identify it....I can imagin how you are feeling now, coz i finished NYSC FEB. 2010 i.e 3 months ago i know what am passing through..it is not easy at all but one thing i know is that my time is coming and it's soon...i want you to cam down and continue to pray to him to have mercy on you....Happy Birthday
    Adeyeni Olusgun T.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast