+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Topic: SPDC Niger Delta Post-Graduate Scholarship Scheme @ Imperial College London

Re: SPDC Niger Delta Post-Graduate Scholarship Scheme @ Imperial College London

this is the FORM, AND IT STATES CLEARLY DELTA, BAYELSA OR RIVERS

@frankilische: i think it's obvious... u already got the chance to study online

guyz,
    no need for a debate, I think it is only for the 3 states, but if anyone thinks otherwise, let him give it a try. No harm in trying, you only fail when you do not try. Abi no be so ?

How I wish I was from Niger Delta.
    I'm battle ready be to important and known for good in Nigeria. I'm set to have money and make it work for me.

@Valvon: it neva used to be like that. It is jst starting...
    Hey guys here are the Forms for Leeds, i am attaching it here. The applicable courses in leeds are
    1. MSc Exploration Geophysics 2. MSc(Eng) Oilfield Corrosion Engineering
    Manchester, Nottingham aint part of the schools

need more info on "6.5 in IELTS"

@oilprince, i think it can be waived if u ve your WAEC and u were trained in english..... at least i know a couple of my peeps that got that waived(for UK schools)... According to the form, state ur reason for not having to write the IELTS... hope it is useful

Shell has started with this their myopic foolishness again.

Why have they decided to favour only the 3 Delta states when there are other oil producing states where they operate?

What are their plans for the other states where they operate (edo, akwa-ibom, abia, imo etc) ?

Are they trying to encourage these other states to catch up by blowing up pipelines and flow stations?

@Lenski5a
    You read my mind, spot on.

Maybe they require that some pipelines be blown before they can attend to the other states...oya na...lets go dier!

But its very obvious that ONLY candidates from the three states mentioned in the form can apply...BUT...no harm in trying if you meet the other requirements (Offer granted, etc) cos just maybe, the main states may not have people to fill the slots...very possible and happens very well in job vacancies where the requested experience is not gotten from the applicants, hence they have to make do with the candidats they have.

No harm trying.
    Perseverance, Persistence and faith in GOD is all i need.

@Lenski5a
    you have said it all, the greatest oppositions from Millitants in Nigeria is from the those states, the likes of Alhaji Mujahid Asari-Dokubo (Delta), Mr Victor Ben Ebikabowei (alias General Boyloaf from Bayelsa) & Soboma George(Rivers) are senior lecturers in the Department MILITANCY, FACULTY OF REBELS.These are people who can tell you about General Purpose Machine Guns (GPMGs) or Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) launchers.
    How many are from (edo, akwa-ibom, abia, imo). So on your marks

IF TO SAY I BE MILITANT, I FOR BE MMMHHHMMM?? (lol...)
    S

guys from the other Niger Delta states, please hold on

This is the maiden edition of the scholarship and a lot of negotiations are still ongoing. There is a reason why they have to start with these 3 states, sure more states will be added in subsequent editions.
    That was the way PTDF started....and TOTAL also.

lenski5a, Peacesofpeace, EL-AZAR..........
    easy bro ........
    this should instead be celebrated by all,
    U may not know how painful it is to only behold exploration activities/benefits with "THE EYES ONLY"

Shell and other oil companies owe their "HOST COMMUNITIES" more, than what they are currently giving.
    i bliv shell wont leave other producing communities in other states out.

this is just the beginning of a better Company-Community relationship.

well said oilprince... It is jst starting so lets wait and see the subsequent scholarships... tho i think i myt not be able to secure admission in time...lol...
    @El-AZAR: i blv they are beta known as freedom fighters not militants. SOme of this actions of the IOC is as a result of their actions... So i think they deserve some commendations

+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast