+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: SOWSCO Well services Field Trainee Engr Interview

SOWSCO Well services Field Trainee Engr Interview

Hey House, has any 1 info about wat 2 expect in an oral interview at SOWSCO for Trainee Field Engr position. Got an invitation for d intrview after takin aptitude test 2 wks ago. Thanks

Re: SOWSCO Well services Field Trainee Engr Interview

Congrats Cipha:

When I did mine,

It is a panel of 4, each of them has like 3 questions to ask me but more questions com from the answer I give & things I say...
    You tell dem about ursef
    What you know about the company & why you want to work with them
    Given why you want to work with them, how do you feel you can add value to their system
    What do you think makes you the best among the 5 candidates. Why should they choose you instead of others
    Then some random questions like what is cost analysis? Are you temperamental & how do you cope with temper? What do you know about safety? How do you handle chemicals safely? What skills do you have bsides your academics, etc

But it may be different now because there's no HRM.

However, just try to know about Sowsco Well Services (Nig.) Ltd. & fit urself into a position.

I recall you guys wrote on specific department like filtration & cementing, then I advice you know more about the one you wrote on.
    Also, try to know wat ISO 9001:2008 entails if you can.
    Try to know about process equipment, oil wells & oil services.
    Dress good, be confident, speak fluently & clear, present urself to be brave & intelligent, let them know you're willing to work even for free & seek a long term career with them (I said this for a reason which I'll tell you when you become a Sowsco Staff). Sell urself with efficiency in the use of MS EXCEL, word & ppt & tell them any other engineering application you can use weda relevant to their ops or not. Also let them know how fast you can learn & how good you're with calculations & also with representing logical/abstract statements in pictures/diagrams.

If you aint good with calculation/representation & you're not a fast learner, then you aint ready for CEMENTING because that is the key...

Don't border to PM me because I won't reply till when we have a face to face chat i.e. when you become a staff.

Best Wishes friend..
    Meet you soon.
    I look 4wad to working with ya

@Catchthewind: Brother u are on point. I guess uv said it all. I appreciate ur reply. Thanks, looking forward to working with you too by God's grace.

Sowsco field services!!! A major aspect of their job is chemical mixing for well services, dats what they mainly provide for d wells my firm as been drilling for quite sometime, knw ur chemicals, KCL, Brime, for displacement during completion stages, cementing after casing, then other chemicals for mud weight, conditioning, e.g baryte, drillpac, CaCO3 etc. Any other question cld be abt general knwldge in normal interviews. Best of luck bro!!

@Dandoutch: Thanks for dropping som knowledge. Cheers.

+ Reply