+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Topic: SON INTERVIEW: Dragnet Sending Text

Re: SON INTERVIEW: Dragnet Sending Text

@2lazeal, this interview is for SON (STANDARDS ORGANISATION OF NIGERIA), we wrote the aptitude test on the 23rd of January 2012

Quote Originally Posted by catchdwind View Post
    @Emeviks: thanks bro, I appreciate.... But you know the regular saying, "a bird in hand is better than 2 in the bush". How do you expect me to have an easy-go decision on this? I'm a trainee in a small oil servicing coy & within 3mnths I've been given a position of responsibility due to my predecessors resigning... I've settled so easily & I've mastered the job so fast... Successfully done 2 jobs on my own already & going for the 3rd this weekend... In all as a crew leader even as a trainee... Why shouldn't I be confused?!!! I'm growing at a fast rate career wise & locally but kind of limited & penury in pay structure...

I certainly seek an international status with good training benefits, great welfare & excellent pay.... I bet that is what we all dream of...

My interest definitely is in SHELL of the 3 but then I need a motivator to pull me out of the rig for a dream job... Gosh!!! The thought of it is scary & absurd to me... I'm in a fix...
    Going by what your dreams are, I doubt if there's a need for you to attend the SON interview. I will rather suggest that you concentrate on keeping your current job&making it to the SHELL test. Being that you have already created a career path in Oil&gas, I dont see you getting job satisfaction from the SON.

I was also invited for the interview on the 30th of May by 1pm, pls has anyone done SON INTERVIEW before, help us with information on what to expect. Thanks

@Amaka: thanks for that... I've also made up my mind in that regard.... Not going for SON. I'll try to make shell but if I've a job on that day I may let shell go for reasons I fancy best

at catchwind,i'l advice u dönt do dat.jobs in Nigeria is very compititive.yes u r buildin a career in d oil n gas,wat if dat of shell doesnt work or delay/cancelation in d ricruitment?wat if dats wat u want n GOD said SON is beta.NEVA PUT UR EGGS IN 1 BASKET.also,NEVA MAK CHOICE ON WAT U R NT SURE OF YET.i bliv SON is beta dan ur present company.get all d jobs 1st b4 u start finkin of which 2 or nt honor.HONOR ALL INVITATION IF U HAV D CHANGE N POWA.

Thanks SURJ but I guess you don't understand my plight.... I guess you don't see the distance, time & availability issues that exist in this scenario... At least you should know that I'm not omnipresent...

Sincerely, I want this more than you... In a different scenario, I'll certainly go on your advice even before you gave it but in the extent to which I understand my plight, I'll have to turn it down. Statistically also your opinion failed as more people advised me on the opposite.

Notwithstanding, I must say it was a good advice... Let's hope for a better tomorrow while we do the right thing today...

Attending shell on the 28th & attending SON on the 29th will sure keep me out of the job site for at least 3days which you'll agree will ruin my professional career... I'm a cementing engineer & that requires prompt response to the call for service; should I be found wanting, the company man will surely call my office & if you're my manager, you'll do what is right because that is a very unprofessional behaviour that can cost my coy the contact...

Don't do it if you're in my shoes except you're already hard as nail to leave your current job...

In all, let's always pray for God's direction & lead... Therein we'll make the right choices & decisions.
    cubeboy likes this.

you can do flight man
    u

@all. Plz is there anyone that has an idea of the take home package for SON staffs?

I don't & will like to know too

It seems the details for the interview is not complete.
    They didn't ask for our credentials.
    I hope the interview will not be mere formality!

Just wondering also, was thinking they will send an email like they did during the aptitude test

gud evening fellow engineers. i got a test from DRAGNET inviting me for Aptitude Test for the Oil and Gas Trainee job i applied for on 28th May. Could anyone help me with what to expect from such Aptitude Test?

@addymozzee, I believe it will be GMAT level, it all depends on your speed and accuracy. Not very sure though......

+ Reply
Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast