+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Topic: shell shortlisted/regreted issue

re: shell shortlisted/regreted issue

@thoughts:tanx man for ur undrstandg also.i felt i was misundrstud wit my earlier post & needed to make sm clarity.all d same we're all workg togethr for each others benefit & i ve always distant myself frm any form of argument in this forum.i bliv ur recommendatn is a plus,lol,God is keepg record,lol,tanx once again.

re: shell shortlisted/regreted issue

Omakoro must have stated what he observed at one of the SRD (possibly in Lagos). I guess there are SRD centres in PH and Warri. One should expect that candidates from any SW states would do theirs in Lagos. so, 3/8 for SW in Lagos is not high. Whatever, if the SRD is based on merit, I think any reasonable person would not point any accusing finger(s). We know who the OP is referring to though. Those who never qualified at all and yet have sure place in Shell, NNPC, etc simply because their people are at the helms of affairs here and there.
    Omakoro, please respond to my private message which I sent to you yesterday. Thanks.

Re: shell shortlisted/regreted issue

@Omokaro: Hi bruv, pls i just PMed U??! Pls reply

Senior Member boshemann@gmail.com's Avatar

Guys...merit so far...

Quote Originally Posted by XCALITY View Post
    @Cipha God bless u, I wonder how a company dat controls almost 35 - 40% of a country's resources will leave, considering Nigeria as one of the oil countries with prospect. See shell will be the last company to leave this country cos they are just like a govt parasatal (ministry of petroleum), deepwater exploration is the bomb considering the MOU; I mean JV & PSP agreement. they started deepwater in Nigeria and waited for sometime believing onshore asset will still pay, but militant and the MOU agreement is not on their favour, so they have to move to offshore (PSP) considering how total and exxonmobil is waxing very strong now, I guess total will be bringing their third vessel(FPSO) in the country within the year and Egina is on is way coming, so shell is pushing very strongly to start the construction of another FPSO if possible buy a big ship and convert it to FPSO and another tie-in-project is on-going nw which will increase the capacity of their production and more hands will be needed, so my dear NJH shell is not leaving the country soon, their are only trying to change the face of their business in Nigeria. I will advice my fellows, If u really want to work in any exploration firm start looking at what deepwater is doing, their relevant courses like subsea production, reservior engr, drilling engr, well engr, process engr, instrument and control, maintenance & inspection (soft mechanical engr), HSE etc they are much, just look around, but pls if you have second class lower I advice you go for master as soon as possible if you must work for any IOCs unless you want to work as a contract staff only if you have the connection for that. I must tell you a time is coming when if you don't have masters you can't work in an oil company I bet you. Check properly nobody below second class upper wrote this shell test, unless the person had master. A man once told me, and said the world is becoming a global village in this business and only a recognised world certificate will be recognised wch Nigeria degree cert is not recognised. so the earlier we start the better for us.
    And pls don't call shell nonsense, they are the only company now supporting the Nigeria content law by selling out their marginal fields and some onshore asset to indigineous firm, so dat we can easily benefit, go and ask BJ services, Dormanlong, Seplat, PLatform petroleum, Delta environmental, Rusell Smith, etc they are too much, these are indigineous firm working on shell's project so that we nigerians can easily have that share (national cake). So my their forumite as we look for jobs we should work on ourselves to be in the right position for that job and pray to God to make it happen. I rest my case and very open for any correction.
    Well said brother, very solid and valid points.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12