+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Topic: shell shortlisted/regreted issue

shell shortlisted/regreted issue

house, pls why is it that after a along time of job status reading shortlisted all of a sudden changes to regretted in shell website and also i learn that shell is living the country is it true? or could shell be confuse

re: shell shortlisted/regreted issue

They are rapidly sellin all their onshore facilities and i learnt from a reliable source that they are seriously laying off staffs. So i donno y they wanna recruit in d ist place. Guess they r confused

Guys stop disturbing urself, if u didnt get invitation up till now when people are gettin 2d 3rd stage, then why are u suprised?
    D politics in Shell is nt somthin we shld be occupied it, but be rest assured dat they are here 2 stay and not leavin Naija soonest, Deepwater exploration and production is d future of Naija oil industry and all of dem IOCs are pushing in dat direction. God go help us.
    davo3286 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cipha View Post
    Guys stop disturbing urself, if u didnt get invitation up till now when people are gettin 2d 3rd stage, then why are u suprised?
    D politics in Shell is nt somthin we shld be occupied it, but be rest assured dat they are here 2 stay and not leavin Naija soonest, Deepwater exploration and production is d future of Naija oil industry and all of dem IOCs are pushing in dat direction. God go help us.
    @Cipha God bless u, I wonder how a company dat controls almost 35 - 40% of a country's resources will leave, considering Nigeria as one of the oil countries with prospect. See shell will be the last company to leave this country cos they are just like a govt parasatal (ministry of petroleum), deepwater exploration is the bomb considering the MOU; I mean JV & PSP agreement. they started deepwater in Nigeria and waited for sometime believing onshore asset will still pay, but militant and the MOU agreement is not on their favour, so they have to move to offshore (PSP) considering how total and exxonmobil is waxing very strong now, I guess total will be bringing their third vessel(FPSO) in the country within the year and Egina is on is way coming, so shell is pushing very strongly to start the construction of another FPSO if possible buy a big ship and convert it to FPSO and another tie-in-project is on-going nw which will increase the capacity of their production and more hands will be needed, so my dear NJH shell is not leaving the country soon, their are only trying to change the face of their business in Nigeria. I will advice my fellows, If u really want to work in any exploration firm start looking at what deepwater is doing, their relevant courses like subsea production, reservior engr, drilling engr, well engr, process engr, instrument and control, maintenance & inspection (soft mechanical engr), HSE etc they are much, just look around, but pls if you have second class lower I advice you go for master as soon as possible if you must work for any IOCs unless you want to work as a contract staff only if you have the connection for that. I must tell you a time is coming when if you don't have masters you can't work in an oil company I bet you. Check properly nobody below second class upper wrote this shell test, unless the person had master. A man once told me, and said the world is becoming a global village in this business and only a recognised world certificate will be recognised wch Nigeria degree cert is not recognised. so the earlier we start the better for us.
    And pls don't call shell nonsense, they are the only company now supporting the Nigeria content law by selling out their marginal fields and some onshore asset to indigineous firm, so dat we can easily benefit, go and ask BJ services, Dormanlong, Seplat, PLatform petroleum, Delta environmental, Rusell Smith, etc they are too much, these are indigineous firm working on shell's project so that we nigerians can easily have that share (national cake). So my their forumite as we look for jobs we should work on ourselves to be in the right position for that job and pray to God to make it happen. I rest my case and very open for any correction.
    kaybow, yhemy4life, Cipha and 3 others like this.

XCALITY you made a lot of sense and its seconded.

@XCALITY, that's a gud one.

there is huge politic over the selection process. they are not going any where. no merit in shell process with fact i speak to you all.

there's no politics anywhere.a guy frm southwest raisd dis issue during srd,wen we were askd to mention our state of origin to his amazement out of 8 of us 3 were frm sw,3 frm north,1 ss,& 1se.so tell us d politics.

wHen did the 2nd stage come up and how many people picked for that stage?

Quote Originally Posted by Cipha View Post

Quote Originally Posted by joseph omokaro View Post
    there's no politics anywhere.a guy frm southwest raisd dis issue during srd,wen we were askd to mention our state of origin to his amazement out of 8 of us 3 were frm sw,3 frm north,1 ss,& 1se.so tell us d politics.
    This is a very blind argument from a potential shell employee, while no one has come out with facts of there being any form of politics being played (which in any case is a fact in Nigeria), basing your conclusion on only a days SRD in possibly over 20 or more of them is totally flawed. come to think of it, if I were to reason along with you, from your analysis, it means that 1 in 8 candidates is from the SS or SE........while 3 in 8 candidates is from the north or SW......this of course translates into the chances of the respective zones getting an employment.....so y then do u say there is no politics, when the SS with the resources has 1 in 8 chances to get employed.........guy mind how you draw your conclusions so that you dont instigate potential militants...........I believe the politics being talked about here is "the politics of long leg and high level connection" and not regions..........as I said earlier, your conclusion is flawed...........

@thought:tanx for d technical insult,may be u shd be d shell managr.my point is evryone ve an equal chance of been emplyd irespectv of which evr zone dey're frm.so for somebody goin for an intrvw with such a mindset will nt bring out d best.forgt abt conectn, gv ur best,live d rest for God.thut i realy dnt undrstand ur line of thut,u're contradictg urself.

fine,my judgemnt cud b wrong,so cud anyone as it was proven to d guy srd.der're possibilty dat in oder srd's u cud ve more ss dan oder regions,so no conclusn is final.if indeed 1 in evry 8 candidate is frm ss,dat wud indeed prove politikg.frm my xperience wen nigerians talk of politics in oil coys dey're nt only referg to long legs bt also to zoning.my verdict is even if all dis negativity exist in d recruitment and only one merit slot,keep faith and fight to be d one who gets d merit slot.

@joseph omokaro, I was not trying to insult you in anyway, technically or otherwise. But if you perceived it as such, then accept my apologies. A point of note however, is the manner in which you have responded. Typically on NJH, a forumite in your shoes (feeling insulted) would have come back spitting fire and throwing every arsenal in his vocabulary at me. But you acted differently, you accepted the possibility of being wrong, talked only about substance, clarified your earlier statements/ thoughts, for me and I guess any right minded person, you showed why you merited being at the SRD and hopefully an employee of Shell. Such an attitude would always ensure harmony in any work place and I must commend the depth of your maturity. Unfortunately, I am not in the position to recommend you to the HR manager of Shell else I should have.......LOL.

Once again, sorry for any of my statements you perceived as being harsh. Now you have clarified you line of thought, I get the picture of what you are saying and that is a very valid point......................peace

+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast