+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 25 of 59 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Like Tree87Likes

Topic: Shell recruitment 2013

Re: Shell recruitment 2013

Quote Originally Posted by ikenna58 View Post
    As far as i know, after completing the second test, shell sends two types of Email to candidates... The first is ''We regret that we cannot proceed with your application'' and the second is ''We are pleased to inform you that you have completed the online test, your application will now be duly considered''... Even a lay man should be able to differentiate both mails.. Secondly, Your status should not switch to pending interview because people are still writing the test, Shell are still collating results, They havent started calling for interviews and they are still looking at the applications plus the test results... They said they will send two seperate Emails later, so lets just keep our fingers crossed.. Mine is showing "APPLICATION UNDER REVIEW" so its still all POSITIVE!
    @ikenna58 ".................Even a lay man should be able to............... come on man, i only asked a question. No need to get personal dude. well if u have been following the thread u would notice that 2 ppl have said their status has changed to pending interview which ''any layman'' would know that it means he/she passed the numerical.

Hello Ikenna... FYI... some people's application has changed to pending interview... what this most likely means is that those of us that still have application under review, still have our applications being accessed... from your initial rendition, I though you were one of the pending interviewees - just saying... The best to all!!!

@momo: if i got what @ikenna wrote, he said he just finished the online assesments (1&2). Meanin, he probably completed the test today. So, his status cant just change instantly. Remember the mail states applications are treated on a first come first serve bases. So, there chances that it wil change to P- inteview soon.
    @Ikenna, nice analysis! Wish u the very best bro and see u at the top.

@vityno thank God i have someone that critically read my post! I wonder how i will complete a test by 4pm today and my status will immediately change to PENDING INTERVIEW..
    @momoh its a first come, first serve thing! Hundreds of people had probably written the test before me!

Well the fact that i didnt get a regret mail means i passed the numerical test... And God willing, my application and Credentials will definately scale me through to the interview stage..

Big ups guys

Ikenna and vityno... far be it from me to say anyone will not make it... I only made the comment because the earlier post might just lead peeps into rushing to complete the second competency part too quickly and thus make mistakes and all... I know someone who spent more than 30mins on the competency part and has an interview pending status... you get what I mean yea?

@momoh and @vitymo, there is one thing you guys don't understand. the fact that your status reads "application under review" does not mean that your numerical are still marked, but rather that your application and credentials that were earlier submitted are being assessed. Two separate mails are being sent after the completion of the second assessment. a regret mail and a consideration mail both depending on the outcome of your second assessment.

@vityno, u r d one dat ddnt read wat ikenna58 wrote well..he said peoples status should not switch to pending interview because people are still writing the test, that Shell are still collating results, and that They havent started calling for interviews and they are still looking at the applications plus the test results... He obviously ddnt read any of the earlier posts..jus started runnin his mouth about how a layman shud be able to differentiate mails..that was quite a rude response to XYSmart.. Get ur facts right nxt time Mr. Ikenna..

hello guys, please how can one check his status after second online assessment, got a message that my applicatn is under review, i try to log in into shell website to check my status update but with feedback stated below:
    [SIZE=1.5]We were unable to find that e-mail and password in our system.[/SIZE]

Posted by Employments at 12:05
    No comments:
    Shell Nigeria Graduate Trainee Recruitment
    At Shell, we're developing all kinds of ideas to
    help meet the growing demand for energy. And
    we're looking for ambitious students and
    graduates to help us do more.
    Shell Recruitment Day 2013
    Shell is a global group of energy and
    petrochemical companies, employing
    approximately 87,000 people and operating in
    more than 70 countries and territories. Our aim
    is to meet the energy needs of society in ways
    that are economically, socially and
    environmentally viable, now and in the future.
    Our focus on innovation and technology has
    made us a leading manufacturer, distributor and
    marketer of refined petroleum products and has
    us ranked amongst the top 50 most innovative
    companies in the world.
    Shell Graduate Employment Opportunities
    We are breaking new grounds in Africa and are
    looking for top talents who have expressed
    capacity, achievement and strong relationship
    skills to deliver on the global energy challenge.
    Shell's core values are Honesty, Integrity and
    Respect in all its operations, is an equal
    opportunity employer and an advocate for
    diversity and inclusiveness.
    Shell Graduate Programme
    The Shell Graduate Programme is a
    development framework that enables new
    graduates to become fully independent Shell
    professionals in 2-5 years. At Shell, new
    graduates have access to an unparalleled range
    of roles and world-class training and
    development opportunities, including:
    Leadership skills development
    Networking, Coaching and Mentoring
    relationships
    Learning curriculum (training, e-learning
    modules, accreditation)
    Who we're looking for:
    Graduates who finished with a very good
    degree at the Undergraduate level
    Graduates who are currently engaged in or have
    finished their National Youth Service
    Graduates with less than four years post
    graduation experience
    There will be specific skill requirements for
    your chosen job area. But whatever your role,
    there are certain qualities you'll need if you're
    going to succeed at Shell.
    You also need to be good at absorbing
    information, analysing problems, making
    objective decisions and coming up with original
    ideas. You should have the drive, confidence
    and resilience to get things done, the flexibility
    to work well in a team and the credibility to
    influence others.
    Shell matches you into a particular role based
    on your skills, so you will not be required to
    apply for a specific Shell position.
    Be sure to click on "Students and Graduates"
    and apply for a "Shell Recruitment Day". You
    will need to upload a copy of your resumé,
    cover letter, and all academic transcripts
    including both undergraduate and graduate
    where applicable.
    Let's deliver better energy solutions together.
    Application Removal Date: 31-Dec-2013
    How To Apply
    Interested candidates should:
    Click here www.shell.com/global/aboutshell/
    careers/students-and-graduates/recruitment_day/
    app-shellrd-myapplication.html as the page
    opens, click on Search
    opening, then select Nigeria and click Search
    OR
    Click on "Students and Graduates" and apply
    for a "Shell Recruitment Day"
    Visit goo.gl/nwqNJ for the Best Nigeria Jobs online Like page at
    goo.gl/ByZRR for Job updates

@ Xysmart, Ikenna58 @ Lambalaba and every honourable members of this house, I think what is confusing everyone in this house is English. Now look at the message that was sent to those completed the second assessment it begins with the words "

Thank you for your interest in a career with Shell and for taking the time to submit your application. We are pleased to inform you that you have completed the online assessment.

We will now give careful consideration to your application. You will receive separate notification of the outcome in due course.

Lets take a look at the following from Shell's website

Part 1: competency-based questions
    These will take approximately 20 minutes to complete and will not be timed. Once completed, you’ll receive an email notification with the outcome.
    You will need to successfully complete this first part of the assessment before proceeding to the second.

Part 2: a decision-making and problem-solving task
    The second part of the online assessment consists of two tasks: a decision-making task that assesses how you respond to common situations that Shell graduates may face, and a problem-solving task that assesses your capacity for solving numerical problems. The decision-making task is not timed, but the problem-solving task has a set time limit of 18 minutes. In total, the online assessment should take approximately 45 minutes to complete.
    You will have seven working days to complete each online assessment.

Step 3 - an interview
    Once you have successfully completed the online assessment, we’ll give careful consideration to your application by reviewing your details against the positioned CAR criteria. Following this, you may be invited to a first stage interview.
    The interview will take place either face to face or over the telephone. This is an opportunity for you to tell us more about your motivations for applying, your achievements, the challenges you've faced and how you've demonstrated the qualities we're looking for.

Now lets look at the mail sent to those who successfully completed the 2nd assessment, it has the words "WE ARE PLEASED TO INFORM YOU" meaning you passed the second assessment, for those who did not scale through, they got instant rejection and they have the word written in their email as "WE REGRET TO INFORM YOU". Also STEP 3-INTERVIEW above as stated by shell says: ONCE YOU HAVE SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED THE ONLINEASSESSMENT, WE’LL GIVE CAREFUL CONSIDERATION TO YOUR APPLICATION BY REVIEWINGYOUR DETAILS AGAINST THE POSITIONED CAR CRITERIA. Those who did not get rejection email after the second assessment, had their status changed to APPLICATION UNDER REVIEW, and this can only happen after successfully completing the second assessment, as stated in step3 above. Your application can only be reviewed after been successful at second assessment, as stated by shell in step3.

Also, somebody said in this forum that Shell is waiting for as much to complete the 2nd part of the assessment before they can make a decisions regarding the second assessment based on general performance. That Cannot be true, as shell already has a global benchmark with which they decides these assessments, and their recruitment is based on first come first serve, that is why some people in this forum are having "Pending Interview" while some are having Application under review.

Finally, what am saying is that so long you did not get the rejection mail after the second assessment, it means you passed it, and need to worry on that. What is left is you CV/details which will now be reviewed against CAR before you are progressed to a Phone interview. God bless you all !
    oracles likes this.

@All: I guess we should leave all PERMUTATIONS for SHELL. I am talking from an experienced standpoint. Do ur part and leave the rest!
    kwemby likes this.

good day @all! I think we should all keep our fingers crossed as long as the mail gotten after the 2nd tests doesn't contain the word 'regret'...lol. However, just to corroborate what my friend momoh_excellente was saying, He actually completed his 2nd tests days before I did mine, and his status still reads application under review, whereas, barely 8hours after I did mine my status was showing pending interview. I believe it even changed earlier, just that I didn't check until about 8hrs after, which mildly negates the 1st come 1st served issue. however and whatever peeps, let's just be humbly hopeful. God rules in the affairs of men...all d best.

momodu momoh, ikenna and all....lets all leave d headache for Shell to worry about. God see us thru!

+ Reply
Page 25 of 59 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast