+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 61 of 205 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast
Like Tree398Likes

Topic: Shell Recruitment 2012

Re: Shell Recruitment 2012

Hi everyone, am new here and read every msg. 1st i love the thread and how alive it is.annoyingly is the number of times people kept posting their email addresses when asked not to.Anyway,am a commercial applicant.my position title reads "employment" and current status reads "application received". the confirmation mail is same with that of donivald which goes like this.....

Subject: Thank you for your
    application for the opportunity: Local Op
    portunities

Your Ref No:XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Dear XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX,

Thank you for your interest in working for Shell and for taking the time to submit your application through our website.

We will now give careful consideration to your application, reviewing your details against the position criteria. You will receive separate notification of the outcome in due course.

Please note that if you have previously applied as a graduate, you must wait at least 12 months from the date of your final outcome (three years following attendance at a Shell Recruitment Day) before submitting another graduate application. This will give you sufficient time to demonstrate that you have developed yourself further by gaining additional experience or qualifications. If you have applied within 12 months from the date of your final outcome, we will be unable to process your new application.

Please note that our communication to you with regards to your application is mostly done via email. Hence, would appreciate if you could check your email regularly to ensure we maintain close contact throughout your application.

You can check the status of your application through our website www.shell.com/careers, by logging on as a returning user and clicking on the 'Application Status' link from the ‘My Application’ page.

If you would like to learn more about Shell, please visit either our global website www.shell.com/careers or our local country careers sites.

Meanwhile, we thank you for the interest you have shown and wish you every success in your future career.

Kind regards,

Shell Recruitment

Disclaimer
    The term “Shell Recruitment” is used for convenience sake; it refers to the function within Shell dealing with recruitment and not to a specific legal entity. However, the corporate structure of Shell is a group of separate companies.

However, i applied during the time technical graduates applied. so "Oma1" and co that are in commercial,lets hope we will be called.

Omo this one wey you come plaster ur admission letter abi na employment letter self, me bow sha. Nothing do you. Abeg this one wey una say person go shade 80 times for 40 spatial questions, is it that you go shade one answer two times as in question 1: B and B abi each question get two different answers? Abeg men with experience make una let boys know. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MAKEWAY2029 View Post
    Omo this one wey you come plaster ur admission letter abi na employment letter self, me bow sha. Nothing do you. Abeg this one wey una say person go shade 80 times for 40 spatial questions, is it that you go shade one answer two times as in question 1: B and B abi each question get two different answers? Abeg men with experience make una let boys know. Thanks.
    The shading is a combination of letters and nos... i.e. 1A,2B,3C,4D. I think the alphabet is btw A and D while the no range is btw 1 and 4. Got it now? They are a bit slow at replying this time around, any reason why? Anyone with that answer can please help the house out...

Guy dat spatial nor be here at all.na just lyk dat 1b e.t.c..but if u don understand d instructn and u fast, u go do some, bt u no fit finish, except u don see am b4 u enter hall..and d maths sef ehn, na headache! All na God and severe practice!

Quote Originally Posted by Ufuoma77 View Post
    The shading is a combination of letters and nos... i.e. 1A,2B,3C,4D. I think the alphabet is btw A and D while the no range is btw 1 and 4. Got it now? They are a bit slow at replying this time around, any reason why? Anyone with that answer can please help the house out...
    Hello, any idea where we can find the sample questions for this test you have described? SHL Inductive Reasoning and Spatial Ability tests are not framed that way, except I am missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by angolvagyok87 View Post
    Hello, any idea where we can find the sample questions for this test you have described? SHL Inductive Reasoning and Spatial Ability tests are not framed that way, except I am missing something.
    I guess it is a special shell SHL (I mean the answer type). Not sure it's anywhere on the internet, some ppl may ve it tho, just a hunch sha... The answers are basically like Coordinates. Shading shouldn't be a problem, the real prob is keeping track of the objects/shapes as they are rotated, and enlarged. The aim is to identity the item that changed. Eyes purely focused on the Coordinates
    gzl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ufuoma77 View Post
    I guess it is a special shell SHL (I mean the answer type). Not sure it's anywhere on the internet, some ppl may ve it tho, just a hunch sha... The answers are basically like Coordinates. Shading shouldn't be a problem, the real prob is keeping track of the objects/shapes as they are rotated, and enlarged. The aim is to identity the item that changed. Eyes purely focused on the Coordinates
    Hey, thanks bro. I think I came across such a test where a shape was rotated with this coordinate system of answering used. There is an example on the Spatial Checking part of the practice material circulated by guys here. But that one is for location of an error, where a master picture is shown and a rotated version of the picture is shown but with an error in one of the components. It is the closest I have seen to what you describe. My question: Are you saying the 40 questions ask for the same thing? I mean the instruction, is it the same for the 40 questions or they are different instructions for different parts of the spatial?

Quote Originally Posted by MAKEWAY2029 View Post
    Hey, thanks bro. I think I came across such a test where a shape was rotated with this coordinate system of answering used. There is an example on the Spatial Checking part of the practice material circulated by guys here. But that one is for location of an error, where a master picture is shown and a rotated version of the picture is shown but with an error in one of the components. It is the closest I have seen to what you describe. My question: Are you saying the 40 questions ask for the same thing? I mean the instruction, is it the same for the 40 questions or they are different instructions for different parts of the spatial?
    Yes, finally found a post on NHJ with the relevant information. It is called "Comments on Shell Test" or something of that sort. Go to Page 15 of the guide I have attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Yes, finally found a post on NHJ with the relevant information. It is called "Comments on Shell Test" or something of that sort. Go to Page 15 of the guide I have attached.

Wow brov! Thanks so much for the attachment. God bless you, this is really thoughtful of you. Gracias!

Thanks man. Yea, it is exactly the material I was referring to. It just shows one unsolved example but it will give u a clue. Buy my question again, will the 40 questions all take this same format with same instruction? I don't particularly see from the example in this material the monster people have made this spatial look in my head...abi this one na the questions them last born? I think only time should be a worry. Pls I need an answer to my question sha. And this one that they have not started shortlisting, can someone kindly tell me from experience, on the average how many weeks or days do they give from the day of shortlisting before the test proper? Abeg na two questions I ask here o, thanks guys. Let's keep our midfield flowing with passes, Guardiola or no Guardiola.

The spatial part has different formats/patterns. It is essentially a straight 40-question part of d shl test with the objective being 2 identify the misplaced object.
    The example u think makes the test easy is the same one u ld see on dat day as example. The instructors would use it to explain 2 you how 2 tackle the test.

Hence you wouldn't start if they see that you don't understand what u are to do as they would keep asking: 'any other question', before u are allowed 2 start.
    That said, the main questions basically follow the same principles but with modifications. Some difficult, some relatively easier than others while some are just so complex.
    My advice would be to leave the ones u can't solve and move on as time is the gr8est limitation in this part.

About the shortlisting stuff, this year's modus operandi is unprecedented, hence we are kinda lost on their doings this tym around.
    But test invitation emails allow about 4-5 days notification period!
    Ufuoma77 and OptimusPrime like this.

Good envni all pls i̶̲̥̅ A̶̲̥̅♏ new here,pls i̶̲̥̅ A̶̲̥̅♏ begging anyone wit shl aptitude materials to forward 2 my mail , [email protected] all.thks

From what i've been able to gather from commercial graduates working in shell, commercials dont write test.i.e the test is only for technical guys. Commercials are called for interviews only and 99.9% of them have at least 1yr experience outside nysc. I guess that's why ours read professional. I stand corrected.

+ Reply