+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: SAIPEM INVITES FOR TECHNICAL INTERVIEW - CIVIL

SAIPEM INVITES FOR TECHNICAL INTERVIEW - CIVIL

HELLO FELLOW JOBBERS. SAIPEM JUST SENT OUT MESSAGES TO SUCCESSFUL CIVIL/STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING CANDIDATES FOR TECHNICAL INTERVIEW. TWO OF MY FRIENDS WERE INVITED AND IT IS SLATED FOR NEXT WEEK.WISHING ALL INVITEES A SUCCESSFUL INTERVIEW. PLS FOR THOSE OF US WHO HAVE ATTENDED BEFORE, YOUR TIPS WILL BE GRATEFULLY APPRECIATED.

Re: SAIPEM INVITES FOR TECHNICAL INTERVIEW - CIVIL

Yeah, I was called for the technical interview.Please, friends in the house that have been there,your help is needed.Thanks a lot. All the best to my fellow guys that were called. Enjoy

I did mine a few weeks back (process engr), i'll share from my experience.

It's going to be interactive and straight to the point. You need to be creative, all they'll ask you is one (or a few) real life scenario question(s) based on the everyday challenges faced by a civil engineer in an engr design firm.

1st step i'll advice: ask yourself, what do civil engineers in engr design companies really do? What kind of projects are they faced with? What kind of problems would a client typically present? They wont ask you straight to the point questions, you'll be presented with a real life problem: a request from a client (we have a problem, we want to achieve this or that), what would you do, what would you consider? That's the whole interview for you.

Don't expect them to ask you stuffs you did in the test, the interview is not academic, it's to test your creativity and your critical reasoning ability, how you can apply your academic expertise to solving real life problems.

It's the kind of thing where if you dont know it, you dont know it, no way around it, so get your facts right before you get in, textbooks wont help you! It's going to be interactive, if you meet a dead end, don't be afraid to say so, they'll give you some clues that'll help you pick up and move on to the next step (see it like you're working on a design with your boss). One more advice, don't dwell on your school notes cos they wont help much, look out for magazines relating to civil engineering in the oil an gas industry, check out modern trends in the industry.

You need to know what's on your cv, but that wont be their main focus.

Just be creative and keep your head up. Wish you all d best.

@adx1: Thank you and God bless you. Wish u God's grace. I appreciate.

Guys,the penultimate update was the gentle man personal opinion and experience.Pls,recalpitulate your test question esp those that you knew that you missed.
    Know your cv;s very well and go back to your note esp those that have to do with section B of your technical test.
    Guys it is a fundamental fact that it is a practical base stuff but know SOMETHING ABOUT EVERYTHING esp your practical side that are HIGHLY RELATED TO CONSTUCTION(perhaps in oil related area).

The WHITE MAN INTUITION IS VERY IMPORTANT.They must have designed out the format of your question.So, that is where GOD,S FACTOR comes in.Confirm this fact from any electrical guys.But, be prepared.Nothing to panic abt.IF IT IS YOURS IT IS YOURS.

IN ALL PUT YOUR HOPE IN GOD BCOS ....He ruleth in the affirs of men.YET!!! MAN CANNOT FATHOM OUT[/color].

Best Regards.

datha.

Hello! Jst want to knw if any body frm d mech has bin kal up

+ Reply