+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Topic: SAIPEM or FIRSTBANK

@phoneline,don't say what u don't know.I presently had an offer from Saipem and the monthly take home is approximately 200k/month for a start NOT withstanding the bonus and allowance per day u visit site and the leave and christmas bonus is good men.Don't know who is feeding u with all these fallacies.

Re: SAIPEM or FIRSTBANK

Hmmmm! I for one was seeing it as oil and gas coy b4. Anyways, make more research on the 2 coys so u knw more. Ask for God's wisdom and make ur choice. That is my submission. I wish U well

@ Jethrovich, congrats on the offer. I think Saipems is a good place to work in. The views of other people should not discourage you from following your heart. From Saipems site, it says 'Saipem has a strong bias towards oil and gas related activities in remote areas and deepwater and is a leader in the provision of engineering, procurement, project management and construction services with distinctive capabilities in the design and the execution of large-scale offshore and onshore projects, and technological competencies such as gas monetization and heavy oil exploitation'. Saipem services Oil and Gas companies and you would get good experience there. Not many people have the luxury of getting two offers so choose carefully. You may on the long run get exposed to engineering challenges and knowledge than you think the present role offers you because a friend of mine that works there said you'll get loads of experience. I wish you all the best

thanks,

the thing is they said there might not be a shift in department

my broda d ist bank. Na money mk man day work. Afta dat, kip applying til d career job cums. @surj, dnt say wat u dnt knw. Banks pay upfronts and gud banks pay gud amt bt dnt knw if its comparable 2 o and g.

@petrozina, hmmm wel u gat sum point bt fbn is nt a new generation bank o and its a bit stable. @jetro, i hope no b marketing o. All d best n congrats al d same as heaven gives u divine direction 2 choose rit in J.name!

mehn! Ur views are right guy. Alot of peeps don't have true info;; many of these coys are being overrated. Saipem is a construction firm in d O nd G industry. Nd if u think saipem is bad in terms of workers embursement, then try d almighty Daewoo u hear, then U'd weep for d plight of workers.

Quote Originally Posted by AmazingGRAZE View Post
    @phoneline,don't say what u don't know.I presently had an offer from Saipem and the monthly take home is approximately 200k/month for a start NOT withstanding the bonus and allowance per day u visit site and the leave and christmas bonus is good men.Don't know who is feeding u with all these fallacies.
    Really? That is very new to me. My friend was bonded for 3yrs and his pay was less than 100k/month. That is more than two years ago anyway. So are you telling me your company have changed? That must be a goodnews. Or does it has someting with ur role. Does all the graduate role go with same package especially as regards non-engineering, non-field role? Do they allow change in department? I am really glad saipem has stepped up!

@ Wasere...yep i might have called mine a new generation bank but its the number 1 bank in Nigeria as stated in the bankers magazine of this month and the 7th in africa followed by first bank which d young man just landed. my people out there if u are an engineer that has plans 4 ur future better run far away from these banks...better to take 50k in an oil and gas firm and gather the xperience than 120k in a bank but get wasted...a word should be enough for the wise.
    oburoo onye buu uzo gbaaba mbo, na agbata mbo na uwa..."Neva be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God"

Just pray let God direct you...ur future is in his hand no body knows wat best suits you..he makes away were is seems no way..it dose not matter d position, money or company ur starting withz, wat matters is what God says abt you..and nufing much..all human aadvice aand suggestions are based on their personal experiance, ur case couud be defrent..wshn u nice carre ahead. Cheers

if it was my department of choice, I would gladly take a pay cut but it isn't. and the probability of swapping is very slim.

so if I do join the company, it would not be an engineering position almost something similar to Firstbank's own.

plus the job security and package is very tempting when compared with the former.

Hi pals,i need ur advice urgently.I am currently on my 7months out of 18months cadet Asp training with nigerian police when i got my nnpc offer for employment as an engr in my studied profession but am damm confused on what to do especially with the uncertainty in nnpc operation as regard the passage of pib.just dnt knw whether to resign 4rm police now bcos i suffer 4 many yrs b4 i got a job,just want to be careful with my decisions!Your advice will help a great deal

Quote Originally Posted by engr.ebiye View Post
    Hi pals,i need ur advice urgently.I am currently on my 7months out of 18months cadet Asp training with nigerian police when i got my nnpc offer for employment as an engr in my studied profession but am damm confused on what to do especially with the uncertainty in nnpc operation as regard the passage of pib.just dnt knw whether to resign 4rm police now bcos i suffer 4 many yrs b4 i got a job,just want to be careful with my decisions!Your advice will help a great deal
    Your case is serious. ASP nor be moi-moi o. Do you love the Nigeria police force and the frequent job mobility that comes with it? NNPC, am sure, is a better option if I were you? You can alway develop urself by series of training which they NNPC always support. I think if the PIB goes through, NNPC will become a comercial entity and independent. That means they will be competing with shell, total, mobil, agip for oil block and pay structure. And you should know NNPC would have a upper hand in that competition. This is a not a new thing. This is what happen to petrobras of Brazil, Petrofac and even British Petroleum(BP).

NNPC is about to blow and the workers about to grow pot bellies! why? Because auditing will be tight for independent companies since it will be a public companies with common Nigeries owing about 40 per cent of NNPC shares like the banks. So less money will be loss through corruption. That means the management will have to appropriate arm-robber salary structure to staff in order to meet up with life responsibility as before and commensurate with the big players in the oil-field.

So say goodbye to Nigeria Police Force and to the intimadating ASP position!

+ Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast