+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Topic: SAIPEM or FIRSTBANK

Re: SAIPEM or FIRSTBANK

I just dont understand the irony of life ...... young man I will give an arm to be in saipem no matter how little the pay seems to be. I have been in one of Nigeria's new generation banks for over a year but tell you what i am not fulfilled and money doesn't motivate me. As I am typing this, i will be leaving the bank come next month in search of fulfillment. I will take a 50% pay cut to get into my line if need be. meanwhile bid other tests goodbye once u get into bank. be wise....over 50% of my colleagues will leav this capitalists to take hold of this opportunity that is being dangled in your face.

MIB
    @ Jeth, I would suggest u go for first bank, and then keep applying to other oil and gas company, I would say that truely money isnt everything but seriously money goes a long way in everything one does. I was expecting saipem to pay more or close been an oil and gas firm but since thats not the case, stick to ur first bank and surge ON.. who said a career in the banking sector isnt fufilling, what about the social science graduates who are stuck up in one field and thats the bank.. its because ur an engineering graduate thats why ur feeling that way, there're engineers out there that fix television for a living, they will kill to a bank job if it comes there way. So my brother from another mother, stick to ur first bank with better pay and build ur career there.. I believe in certainty than uncertainty although am not a sacarstic person. and dnt forget the GOD factor, pray about it

dont u knw offer letters wit respect 2 oil n gas dont cari al ur payment details.u fink ur upfront n major allowances wil b stated dia.4d bank,al u wil b paid wil b stated dia bt 4 saipem u go fear when u start.tak dis nnpc 4 examples,ss6 take 136k as salary which wil stated in d ofa leta bt when u stat u go fear allowance n upfront.1st bank fit giv u 200k as just trainin alowance?dem fit giv u #1m n above as yearly upront.dis r packages wit oil n gas coys.my guy dont let dat leta deciv u o.i bet 1st bank stated al u wil b paid bt saipem neva did.also,i rememba slb offer leta wil state ur salary 2b #1m plus 4 hnd entry level.bt enter,u go dey si packages wey dey rain millions 4ur acc.guy,mak ur finding wela.n carier wise,as a mechanical engineer wit choice 2mak,wetin u dey find 4 bank?God 4bid,if u lose ur job or 1st bank fire u somday,which workin xperience u want present 4 any engineerin firm na?my guy,d bank is nt meant 4u.na just d situation of d country dey mak we engine boys enta bank.
    iHustle likes this.

my guy,a gud payin job is nt by ur salary or wat is stated in d ofa.e.g nnpc wey stated 136k as salary 4 hnd ss6 entry level no tel d boys say dem go giv dem #4m plus as trainin alowance.yearly upfront of abt #1.8mil.dis boys wil b milionaires in just 3months.nt by wat is in ur leta o guy.dont knw abt saipem o bt bliv me,oil n gas no b any bank mate.n saipam no b smal oil n gas o.i beg find an insida b4 u mak ur choice o.gudluck
    iHustle likes this.

I'm really surprised. My friend, take firstbank job and u will remain to regret it for the rest of ur life. As for me, i'll not compare the 2 jobs.. I'll grab saipem without seeking for advice. Or dnt u know that u can find urself in shell 2moro while working in saipem? Pls dnt let me call u "mumu"
    iHustle likes this.

I tot d difference btw dem Would hav been like 10mil or more. My guy am still saying it, for me 1st bank is no no. Saipem noni! Do not make choices wit wat u r seeing at d moment, look inward beyond dat leta and most of all seek divine wisdom.
    iHustle likes this.

Saipem all d way guy!!!

Bros, pls dont be short sighted...study your history very well. If I were you, I will go for SAIPEM, though the pay package might be low but it will certainly payoff in the long run. Most of the banks are in trouble.

my broda,you can still pursue ur career.you wont remain an employee.one day u will start up your own firm.so i advice u make money,register your company name.and start up a small industry.from there u will appreciate your career more.with your money,u can grab ur experience any where in the world.so make your money and start up ur own small industry.....wish you goodluck!!

me no even bliv d guy say 1st bank go pay am moni pass.xcept no b d same qualification him use.na d moni wey dey d ofa leta him dey take jurge.1st bank wil nt giv u more dan in dat ofa leta bt saipem go suprise u when u start.beginin 4rm ur training packages,2much moni go make u start purge.y u study engineerin self?u com study d father of al engineerin n u dey reason lyk 1 acountin or BAM student.even me wey study chemical hate bank let alone u mechanical.my friend,i lyk u o n want 2 advice lyk a broda.folo ur career n even dos bank managers wil b at ur berk n cal.

well that's why I came here, to learn from others before making a decision.

and I've really being having a handful

Thanks guys,

Quote Originally Posted by Jethrovich View Post
    well that's why I came here, to learn from others before making a decision.

and I've really being having a handful

Thanks guys,
    I would have passed this thread by if you hadn't reply by the time I was closing it! Saipem is Hell Fire. Don't even dare to go there. First, Saipem is not oil and gas company. It is their sister company Eni, that is O & G. Saipem do not pay more than 90-110k/month and you won't have anything extra as allowance or leave bonus not until after three years. That is, if you are not sacked in Saipem! It is the worst mentioned oil and gas company in term of staff turnover and maltreatment. Like I said, Saipem is not oil and gas. To make matter worst, you are not even in an engineering role. Do you think you get another engineering job by mentioning non engineering role in ur CV application?

In contrast. Firstbank is much more different from any other bank job. My sister works there and she is a queen there. She even turned down full foreign scholarship becos of the love she had for her job. Mind you, she read Industrial Chemistry and thus could find a job in oil and gas. It baffles me when people say bank jobs are not for engineer! Who is the master of quantitative analysis? There are the engineers, physicists and mathematicians. These are the people that rule the capital market and treasury. In the Uk, engineers are at the forefront of bank job.

All you need to do is to take CFA or ICAN and start working your way to the top. You can as well go to Lagos Business School after 3-5 years stunt there as training leave and see how you will turn out. Even if u need to write a test, first bank is that flexible because they really don't do this agressive marketing like other bank and thus do not push their staffers. Additionally, entry level at first bank is like 195k now. Do you know they even pay other living adjustment allowance at the end of the month, pay leave bonus and upfront up to N1m after one year.

If it were other O and G companies, I could push you with my two hands to go but not saipem! Go to search on NJH and type saipem and you will see how peeps in saipem curse and regret joining them. Someone was comparing Saipem with NNPC. That is crazy. there are shell staff that want to get into NNPC sef. Do you know what is NNPC- too much money and no work. They make Nigeria money for her! and you expect they will suffer? think again boy! That company is not a normal one just u know.
    iHustle likes this.

oh boy! another different opinion!

I do know about first bank pay

now I'm even getting more confused

+ Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast