+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: Ptdf scholarship and examination.

Ptdf scholarship and examination.

GREAT MEMBERS OF THIS FORUM,
    Permit me to use this opportunity to express my views concerning the PTDF scholarship exams and all other exams that we write for either employment or test.

It is quite common especially for the PTDF that we are usually asked to go to our geo-political zone centre to write the exam and this task is undertaken at the risk of the one who goes to the place. I am from the Niger-delta zone and do not be quick to call me a complainant as the people from that region have been tagged but see my complaints as reasonable and humane as i am not only considering myself but i am considering the bulk of Nigeria's tomorrow (the Youth) who go the extra mile in trying to achieve a reasonable goal of at least becoming less dependent on parents, siblings and friends by fending for themselves and also putting in their best in the actualization of success.

I want to believe that first and foremost, going for such an exam without catering for the welfare of those who are to write such an exam is a question that should be asked by you and I. I wrote the last exam at at RSUST and it was a challenging exercise travelling down all the way from Lagos to PH. The accidental risks involved while sojourning to the states in the other parts of the country through Nigerian roads are not new to those who travel frequently or who have been opportune to school in other geo-political locations in the Nigerian state. In this regard, we have the following options....

(1) Put in place centres for such examination in each state of the federation and network them via a cloud (Internetwork) such that wherever anyone wants to write, once he or she has his or her scratch number shortlisted, he or she should be able to write the exam without issues....OR.....Provide at least transport and feeding for the candidates that are shortlisted...Although, i know that we the educated ones can go corrupt when issues like this is raised because of our covetous and poor attitude towards money, the misdemeanor and improper display of attitude by a few should not be used as a yard stick to punish the many.

(2) Stick to the existing Geo-political zone centers but allow anyone to write anywhere since the entire process (as it computer based) can combine the result without much of stress. All PTDF need do is get a software that can sort out candidates by the name of their states of origin. This translates to the fact that, if you are from Sokoto and you are based in Lagos, you can write the test in Lagos and all will still be fine. It will be absolutely inconvenient to travel down to Sokoto or whichever location is chosen for candidates to write the exam.

(3) Help look and estimate the risks involved in travelling from PH to Lagos for a PTDF test. This is a huge risk for a scholarship exam that is almost loosing the trust of the average Nigerian graduate student.

These are just the few things i can say for now. Also i will like to inform that the cards are now on sale for the next year's exam. Kindly get yours at the designated First Bank
    branch and as for the Lagos branch, it is the HQ branch.

Thanks and please lets consider this issue and lets also comment on it as much as possible and if we have people who can pass such across to the people in the position of decision, it will do us all a lot of good.

SHALOM!

Re: Ptdf scholarship and examination.

Quote Originally Posted by poon View Post
    GREAT MEMBERS OF THIS FORUM,
    Permit me to use this opportunity to express my views concerning the PTDF scholarship exams and all other exams that we write for either employment or test.

It is quite common especially for the PTDF that we are usually asked to go to our geo-political zone centre to write the exam and this task is undertaken at the risk of the one who goes to the place. I am from the Niger-delta zone and do not be quick to call me a complainant as the people from that region have been tagged but see my complaints as reasonable and humane as i am not only considering myself but i am considering the bulk of Nigeria's tomorrow (the Youth) who go the extra mile in trying to achieve a reasonable goal of at least becoming less dependent on parents, siblings and friends by fending for themselves and also putting in their best in the actualization of success.

I want to believe that first and foremost, going for such an exam without catering for the welfare of those who are to write such an exam is a question that should be asked by you and I. I wrote the last exam at at RSUST and it was a challenging exercise travelling down all the way from Lagos to PH. The accidental risks involved while sojourning to the states in the other parts of the country through Nigerian roads are not new to those who travel frequently or who have been opportune to school in other geo-political locations in the Nigerian state. In this regard, we have the following options....

(1) Put in place centres for such examination in each state of the federation and network them via a cloud (Internetwork) such that wherever anyone wants to write, once he or she has his or her scratch number shortlisted, he or she should be able to write the exam without issues....OR.....Provide at least transport and feeding for the candidates that are shortlisted...Although, i know that we the educated ones can go corrupt when issues like this is raised because of our covetous and poor attitude towards money, the misdemeanor and improper display of attitude by a few should not be used as a yard stick to punish the many.

(2) Stick to the existing Geo-political zone centers but allow anyone to write anywhere since the entire process (as it computer based) can combine the result without much of stress. All PTDF need do is get a software that can sort out candidates by the name of their states of origin. This translates to the fact that, if you are from Sokoto and you are based in Lagos, you can write the test in Lagos and all will still be fine. It will be absolutely inconvenient to travel down to Sokoto or whichever location is chosen for candidates to write the exam.

(3) Help look and estimate the risks involved in travelling from PH to Lagos for a PTDF test. This is a huge risk for a scholarship exam that is almost loosing the trust of the average Nigerian graduate student.

These are just the few things i can say for now. Also i will like to inform that the cards are now on sale for the next year's exam. Kindly get yours at the designated First Bank
    branch and as for the Lagos branch, it is the HQ branch.

Thanks and please lets consider this issue and lets also comment on it as much as possible and if we have people who can pass such across to the people in the position of decision, it will do us all a lot of good.

SHALOM!
    NICE ONE THERE! But let me remind you that in Nigeria, anyone who is giving you a scholarship thinks he is doing you a big favour. So he feels if he can pay for your fees, accommodation and still give you stipends for a year in the UK, then you should be able to sacrifice something in return. My point of view might be wrong though, but that is what is obtainable in Nigeria. You are being called for interview in another state, and your prospective employer thinks he is doing you a big favour by calling you for interview. So I guess we just have to learn to put up with these kind of treatments until our people who are at the top come to their right senses.

poon dat a good piece fr a best heart.pls i need a favor fr u what s d format 4 d last yr exam?

Dude,i heard dis year's application comes with an opportunity to choose where u wanna take the test. Thats on step 4 of the online application.
    E

you can choose your center and you can also write at a center closest to you. They are not obliged to re reimburse you. If you are not ok with their style simply don't apply.

Quote Originally Posted by dustydee View Post
    you can choose your center and you can also write at a center closest to you. They are not obliged to re reimburse you. If you are not ok with their style simply don't apply.
    this does not call for reprimanding sir. I am only stating the obvious which is abnormal. If we all crave for a sane and sound society where things are done properly (if perfectly is a far fetched state), than i don't think stating the points i stated here is wrong. Also i wrote last year and i knew the difficulty people went through...some of us were scheduled to write for 12pm but lo and behold....we started at exactly 5.30/6pm or thereabout....

+ Reply