+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Topic: PTDF APPTITUDE TEST CANDIDATES-KNOW THESE

Re: PTDF APPTITUDE TEST CANDIDATES-KNOW THESE

Guys, I don't know the format of this test but I want you all to thread the path of caution. If you've ever written GRE, then you will understand that you can write essays with computer based exams (2 actually in GRE) with a word processing software that doesn't correct your mistakes. That may also be the reason why they asked for Computer proficiency. It's better to ready for anything than to cry "had I known". The writing materials could mean you will do some writing but it could also be a rough for your solutions before choosing your answer.

Nuthing stops us from preparing all round. I dont undastand this whole argument.

hey guys!i think sammy is right.it could be all round objective format of about 100 questions.visit ptdf website and see for urself.

best of luck all

please any one with past question on Petroleum Economics should send a copy to me at
    [email protected]

I support tender10 thought....this is a different ball game. Try and prepare urself for all possible scenarios. I want to remind u all. If anyone has done Mobile test before? Its technical part consists of some technical questions with some multiple choice questions under each one of them. Don't be surprised to see what u don't expect because u think is not possible. I want to tell u that it'll be unfair to give all candidates of different backgrounds to do the same thing all through. More importantly, the purpose of people applying for different courses would be defeated. This is not a bank job test. Dont be surprised that when u get there and discover 'ur test' is customized...I know what I'm talking about. Customized based on ur choice of courses in ur form. Just keep u mind open, imagination is greater than knowledge. I wish u all all the best!

In my own opinion, I believe the test this year will be all objective questions. There would still be the first section which is based on current affairs while the other part would be the discipline test.

The discipline test would be divided into different sections and each candidate would be required to select the section that matches his/her intended course of study.

All questions would be objectives to ensure uniformity and fairness in the grading process.

Go to http://ptdf.cinfores.com/examinstructions.htm and see the nature of the test you will take. You can also use your user ID to do a demo exam on their website. That will give you a better idea of what to expect. There are 16 different exams.

OK ENOUGH OF THE ARGUEMENTS. This is a demo test. The exam will be just like mobil aptitude test. But i dThe only thing i dont know is how many questions we will answer

WELCOME TO

THE PTDF INTERNET-BASED APTITUDE TEST FOR THE AWARD OF OVERSEAS M.Sc. SCHOLARSHIP 2010/2011.

DEMONSTRATION CLIP.

Please Insert Your Username and Password.

Username: …………...…………..

Password: ………………………..

This demonstration clip runs for fifteen (15) minutes. It is designed to intimate you with the format of the Test you wish to take. It will help you to become more familiar with the questions and contents of the PTDF internet-based test.

Being an internet-based test, it is time-bound. Once you commence, the timer is activated and at the expiration of the time allowed for the part of the test you chose, you will be logged out and not given access to questions in that part again.

You can view all the questions in any part of the test by using the TAKE TEST button. This allows you to answer the questions in any order that is convenient for you.

If you are able to answer all the questions in any part before the expiration of the time allowed for it, you can review your previous answers by clicking the REVIEW button, or at any other time during the period allowed for that part of the test. If you are satisfied with your work before the expiration of the time allocated for any part of the test, you may submit your answers by clicking on SUBMIT button. If you are not able to finish the test before you are logged out, the system will automatically submit on your behalf the answers you have provided during the course of the examination.

This test comprises two parts, PARTS I & II.

PART I: GENERAL PAPER TIME ALLOWED: 5 MINUTES

This is the general paper. There are ten (10) questions and you are provided with five (5) multiple choice answers for each one. Click on what you consider to be the correct answer to each question.

You are required to attempt all questions. However, you are advised not to make guesses at the answers to the questions since you will lose as many marks for an incorrect answer as you will score for a correct answer.

Time allowed is Five (5) minutes.

PART II: TECHNICAL COMPETENCE. TIME ALLOWED: 10 MINUTES

This part is designed to assess your technical competence.

Table 1 is a list of courses for which scholarships are available and they have been grouped into sixteen (16) sections; Sections A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O, and P.

TABLE 1: COuRSES FOR SCHOLARSHIP & CORRESPONDING QUESTION

SECTIONS.

SECTIONS

COURSES FOR SCHOLARSHIP

A

Computing Information System and Remote Sensing.

· Computing

B

Geographic Information System and Remote Sensing.

· Environmental Remote Sensing

· Geographic Information System

· Remote Sensing and Computing

C

Environmental & Safety Engineering.

* Environmental Engineering

* Fire & Explosion Engineering
    * Health Safety and Environment
    * Safety Engineering and Risk Management

D

Engineering Geology

E

Mechanical and Production Engineering

* Mechanical and Production Engineering
    * Pipeline Engineering
    * Thermal Power (Gas Turbine Option)

F

Marine and Offshore Engineering.

* Diving and Underwater Technology
    * Marine Computational Fluid Dynamics
    * Maritime Operations

* Naval Architecture & Ocean Engineering
    * Offshore and Ocean Technology
    * Offshore Engineering
    * Subsea Engineering

G

Material Science and Corrosion Engineering.

* Corrosion Engineering

* Welding Engineering

H

Petroleum Engineering.

* Drilling and Well Engineering
    * Gas Engineering and Management
    * Oil & Gas Engineering
    * Petroleum , Gas & Energy Engineering
    * Petroleum Engineering
    * Petroleum Production Engineering
    * Reservoir Engineering

I

Oil and Gas Management.

* Gas Pipeline Economics & Engineering
    * Purchasing and Supply Chain Management

J

Petroleum Geosciences

* Basin Evolution and Dynamics

* Geosciences of Subsurface Exploration Appraisal and Development (GEOSEAD).
    * Operations and Well Site Geology
    * Petroleum Geochemistry
    * Petroleum Geosciences

K

Exploration Geophysics and Structural Geology.

* Exploration Geophysics
    * Petroleum Geophysics
    * Structural Geology with Geophysics

L

Energy Systems Engineering

* Energy Systems Engineering

* Refinery Design and Operations

M

Process Systems Engineering

* Bio fuels Development
    * Biochemical Engineering
    * Process Engineering Management
    * Process System Engineering
    * Reaction Engineering

N

Applied Instrumentation and Control

O

Petroleum Law and Policy

* Oil and Gas Law
    * Petroleum Law and Policy

P

Petroleum Accounting and Economics

* Petroleum Accounting
    * Energy Finance
    * Oil and Gas Management
    * Energy Economics

STUDY THIS TABLE CAREFULLY and from it, CHOOSE ONE SECTION ONLY, that is related to your area of expertise and for which you are seeking an overseas scholarship. Please note that once you have chosen a section and logged onto it, the system will not allow you to choose any other section, i.e., you will not be in a position to change your mind and seek your fortune in another section. So you are advised to CAREFULLY and THOUGHTFULLY make your choice.

You are required to attempt all the questions in the section you have chosen. There are five (5) questions and you are provided with five (5) multiple choice answers for each one. Click on what you consider to be the correct answer to each question. There is no penalty for wrong answers.

Time allowed is Ten (10) minutes.

This is what ptdf exam should look like. But they should have let us know since, cos i have nbeen focusing on objectives only for a while now. Now i have to go read for petroleum. Goodluck guys, this test will be tougher than mobil. I hope not.

pls anyone with the weblink to the ptdf demo test shld kindly post it on this thread, I need to access the demo. Thanks

pls i would like to know why i wasnt shortlisted! i made a 2.2 in chemical engineering. i have one year oil and gas experience.to my chagrin, i wasnt shorlisted!!! but they said 2.2 with oil and gas experience can also apply! pls antone in the house that was shorlisted with a 2.2 should pls reply my post.07066128923

Must we all be shortlisted?
    F

gzl

@rollingstone, do you know how many 2.1s & 1st class (even with experience) that were not shortlisted? U r here boasting of ur 2.2.
    "You don't win the Silver, You only lose the Gold"...ENGR-GENERAL OF THE FEDERATION (1ST)

+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast