+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: NATIONAL CONFERENCE FOR ALL SCHLUMBERGER HOPEFULS

NATIONAL CONFERENCE FOR ALL SCHLUMBERGER HOPEFULS

Wld lik 2use ds medium 2cal on al SLB hopefuls 2com 2geda 2share our touts on ds continued silence frm our dear belovd to-be employer.
    Hv hd my interview wit SLB sinz Aug 2008 bt til nw I hvnt bin cald 2resum. Dlast tym I rcivd a mail frm dem ws march 2009, stating dt am bin kept inview.
    I wld somuch apc8 if odas in my shoes wld share dea xprence. Ds wld at least gv insight 2wht cld b causing ds long delay. I just wnt stop prayin 4SLB, cos its a place hv 4long dsired to work inorder 2build a solid career in d oil & gas industry.

Re: NATIONAL CONFERENCE FOR ALL SCHLUMBERGER HOPEFULS

Fioyegold, let me share someones experience with you. A friend of my friend once had an interview with SLB and it took 2 years after the interview before he was asked to resume work. Am not saying that is their policy, but someone told me that at the end of that period when you re finally called, they'll like to what you have done to develop yourself in the time past. So maybe you should just run some certification programs and maybe do a masters program. It's all about self development.

Have Fun!

@brotherly u r very right bcos i have similar situation with my friend, over a year after d interview b4 he was called to resume duty

NATIONAL CONFERENCE FOR ALL SCHLUMBERGER HOPEFULS

@brotherly. Thks so much 4ur advise. Its quite a noble. Wld lik 2ask whc kind of certification program shd i opt for.

There are quite a number of them ranging from Rig Pass Certification to Certificate of Competence, Maybe even HSE Level 2 and 3 could be a plus, or even Advanced HSE. The only thing is the Cost. It could be very expensive. HSE Level 2 & 3 could cost you about 27k at NISP, Advanced HSE about 35k and a Rig safety course could also cost up to 60k there too. Rig Pass Certification is up to 250k at IPS. So you can make more enquiries from these organisations so they give you course content detail then you make a choice as to which one suits your person. There are also some softwares used in the oil industry for well performance simulation, and other production activities. You could also learn to use them in advance so if you finally go to their training school, you'll cope easily. Its just that all these certifications could cost much money for a fresh Graduate.

I wish you God's Favour in your Endeavours.

+ Reply