+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Topic: A must read 4 all NHJ

A must read 4 all NHJ

Dear NHJs,there is a new wave of scam that is currently going on which two of my friends have fallen victim thus i have decide to share it with the house.
    the format goes like this,someone call your number male/female,tells u he/she is a corper that u served 2geda in same state and community even goes ahead to call ur nysc number, ur PPA ur course of study,he/she then sites a particular nysc number that is close to urs to mk u believe he is the one who owns it,all this is to calm u down and draw ur attention to his/her game,after getting this he/she goes ahead to ask u of ur job then the proposal comes,he/she will tell u his/her inlaws works in one of this oil companies and their is a community chance that has been given to him and since he/she was already working he/she tot he should let u know,to cut the mata short an indigene form is sent via email to you and they will demand btw 15-20k to submit it,they will even go ahead to tell u there will be a written test but the form has to be submitted first,if eventually they suceed with that,a sum of 200-300k is demanded to assure u a place irrespectively of whether u write the test or not but all this guys is a big scam....i don't know how else to say this,guys lets be wise and always ask questions,i decide to post this cos aside those two friends about three others has called me to confirm such...May god help and see us through and also touch the heart of these scammers cos its not realy their fault
    IN ORDER TO SUCEED,YOUR DESIRE FOR SUCCESS SHOULD BE GREATER THAN UR FEAR OF FAILURE

Re: A must read 4 all NHJ

i can confirm this to be very true,i got the text few dayz ago,immediately i got it i knew it was scam,let post it here for d house to see and take note.
    This is ths sms exactly as it was except ofcourse for my name,i ddnt know how they got my name.

Hi, *My name*.how ar u doing? I am OPARAUGO IKENNA .E. .,We served 2geda at LAGOS STATE ,LA/10B/2590, After our (N.Y.S.C),my inlaw secured me a job in S.P.D.C Shell R/s,call me 2link u throu my inlaw now,I dnt have acces 2cal frm my cabinet boat here in the offshoreb/cos our vessel hasn't come yet
    femaks likes this.
    !

Me too...He said he served with me in Akwa Ibom...but i was in the process of arranging with the police to set him up b4 dis post. Don't worry peeps...every Jackal has his day

I think the information is gotten from the NYSC passing out booklet of state of service. a word is enough for the wise

Yea my friend almost fell if not for my timely intervention, she served in lagos too. I guess they (scammers) have a source like the nysc photo album were they get peoples details from and just try to see who falls. Anybody who asks for money to secure a job is a suspect. Let's be wise pls getting a Job is not a do or die affair, God has a time for every one. Mr Rowebs and Oga Engr for the effort, thumbs up!!!
    Keep Moving.

Quote Originally Posted by newcargo View Post
    I think the information is gotten from the NYSC passing out booklet of state of service. a word is enough for the wise
    thought as much
    !

I got same msg too, i served in oyo state but when i checked the name quoted with the state code that was sent to me and the photo album, they didnt matche at all. Plz house bware of these guys they are big scammers. Even i called dem, dey said i shud pay 15000 naira for d form

Me I got the call from a guy who claimed we served together, his shortcoming was that he was a stamerer, and throughout my 1 year service I never had any friend or even acquaintance that stammered. I just told him off that I wasn't interested and cut d call. God bless our country!

I've received such text like three times since I finished service, but I was able to catch him d first time since he said we were very good friends, I den asked him d particular place I did my primary assignmnt(wch he ought to knw) only 4 him to cut d call. So I urge everyone in d house to be wise at all times, cos ds peple ar out to extort frm som helpless job seekers. I pray dat God wil change their hrt 4 good, if nt dey'll suffer eternal punishmnt on ds earth nt talkin abt d one dat awaits dem in hell.

i had the same message,i think it is from our NYSC batch passing out booklet,cos they sent me a text telling me that shell is ready to recruit me,not until i have a kind of particular certificate like nautical certificate or sea clearance,and i ask them ,how to get it and i was tols to bring N80k and they will fix my name in those to be shortlisted for the instant employment.But the annoying thing is that the guy the claim to be served with me in maiduguri,he also voted for me as the Engr/Tech vice president,but when i was speaking to them the voice seem to be someone else,pls fellow NHJbers be aware of their antics and eschew from any text or call of such.............thanks

yes this is very important.I ve experienced this but i didn't fall a victim.be at alert all furumites.Some people are taking the advantage of our desperate search for job....

People shouldn't fall for such even without prior knowledge of the setup being fraudulent.

Mine is totally different...

I got a call from a man who called himself Comrade Edward Obahor. He claimed he works with NNPC. He told me the board of directors sent my CV to him. To my greatest surprise, He read major points on my CV to my hearing, all in his attempt to make me fall for his plan.

He gave me the requirements, which include: 4 passport photographs and an acc. with either UBA or Zenith Bank. He asked me to go look for some amount of money which will be paid to a certain acc. Number he'll give me. He told me the Board of directors must be settled before they'll approve my appointment.

He asked me to call him back whenever I'm ready to pay the money. To verify, I called and told him I had no money. I asked if he could help me. He then asked me to send him N1000 or N500 Etisalat recharge card (For a person working with NNPC!!!). I assured him I'll send the recharge card immediately... lol

The Same man called me dis morning with a different Phone number and a different Name. He told me he works with PHCN Maitama, Abuja and dat he's with my CV... lol. He said PHCN wants to recruit 50 new job seekers and dat he is going to help me secure a job there. He again asked me to call him back.

My people, U should really be careful with how u give out your CV. I'm still trying to figure out how he got my CV.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast