+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: M. Sc. Petroleum Engineering and Project Development for Engineering graduates

M. Sc. Petroleum Engineering and Project Development for Engineering graduates

M. Sc. Petroleum Engineering and Project Development
    International Collaborative Graduate programme between IFP School France and the University of Port
    Harcourt, Nigeria. Sponsored by NNPC and Elf petroleum Nigeria Limited joint venture.
    ADMISSION FOR 2010/2011 SESSION
    Introduction: IPS is an International Institute, which offers programmes for sustainable development of the petroleum
    industry. The institute offers a conducive learning environment, full Internet access and virtual library, hands-on training
    using one computer per student. Students use industry software, case studies and undertake numerous field visits. Students
    are encouraged to live and work together, thus encouraging the development of team spirit.
    The aim of this professional Master’s Degree programme is to provide graduates in engineering with broad based training
    required for onshore and offshore oil and gas field development. The students will be taught jointly by lectures from the
    University of Port Harcourt (Uniport) Nigeria, IFP School, France as well as experts from the petroleum industry both
    Nigeria and abroad.
    On completion of this Programme, the graduates will among other skills, be able to:
    • Evaluate and manage oil and gas fields
    • Design and supervise the drilling of exploration and development wells and carry out drilling optimization
    programmes
    • Design, supervise and evaluate well completion, work over and well stimulation programmes
    • Design and operate onshore and offshore oil and gas production facilities
    • Carry out production optimization and well performance enhancement programmes
    • Participate effectively in multidisciplinary oil & gas field review and field development teams
    Duration: The duration of the programme shall be 12 calendar months of intensive full time study.
    Award of Degree: Successful students at the end of the programme shall receive a Masters’ Degree jointly awarded by
    IFP School, France and the University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria.
    Professional Certification: Students will be presented for International well Control Forum (IWCF) Certification and
    Association Environment Practitioners (AEP) Certification (NREP, USA).
    Admission Requirements: Candidates must possess a minimum of bachelor’s degree Second Class honours (Upper
    Division) in any branch of Engineering and should have completed their NYSC by October 2010. Consideration may be
    given to Sponsored Company Staff with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience with Second Class honours (Lower
    Division and high CGPA).
    Application Fee: A non- refundable application fee of ten thousand naira (=N= 10, 000) in certified bank draft made
    payable to the Institute of Petroleum Studies, University of Port Harcourt. Applicants should either include a pre-paid
    FedEx envelop with the draft or collect the form in person. Forms can also be obtained on-line from IPS website and
    submitted with the bank draft.
    Important dates to remember: (Any changes will be communicated by e-mail)
    • Completed Application forms must be returned to The Director, Institute of Petroleum Studies, University of Port
    Harcourt, Port Harcourt on or before Friday May 21, 2010.
    • Names of short-listed candidates will be displayed in IPS Uniport, Published in the IPS Website www.ipsng.org
    Short-listed candidates will also be contacted by e-mail. We can also be contacted by Phone: 084-486-150.
    • Short- listed candidates for the written Test will be contacted by e-mail.
    • Thereafter, short-listed candidates for the Oral Interview will be contacted by e-mail.
    Scholarship: Candidates are expected to seek sponsorship from corporate bodies, PTDF and other sponsoring agencies.
    The world will give you the opportunity to quit but it is only the world that will call quitting an opportunity...so , never give up becos when it see

Re: M. Sc. Petroleum Engineering and Project Development for Engineering graduates

No body interested in IPS, i am a graduate and i tell you reward was too numerous to mention

Re: M. Sc. Petroleum Engineering and Project Development for Engineering graduates

thanks for the info. Looking out for a way to get the #10000. I am a graduate with no job and support....

I'm interested in this. How can I get the bankdraft and successfully submit the application as I'm in Lagos.
    I'll appreciate any direction on this.
    I'm battle ready be to important and known for good in Nigeria. I'm set to have money and make it work for me.

u can get the bankdraft in the name of the school at any bank and then mail it to them, via fedEx.... or beta still get it to a relative in PH and let them submit it for u.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ufuoma77
    u can get the bankdraft in the name of the school at any bank and then mail it to them, via fedEx.... or beta still get it to a relative in PH and let them submit it for u.....
    u should mail the completed applicatiion form with the bank draft

fear dey always catch me, wen-eva i c full page advert like that

Onisokien, i bliv the IPS program is a good one, sponsored by Total, NNPC and Uniport.
    U will get among others, a Master's degree, i know it is highly competitive to get their admission,
    U will probably need a Minimum of 2:1 to be eligible

i really dont know much about it
    U can check their site for more info www.ipsng.org

or the files below

@Ufuoma77

Thanks a bunch. I'm grateful.
    I'm battle ready be to important and known for good in Nigeria. I'm set to have money and make it work for me.

@Valvon, na small thing, we are here to help one another
    i hear it is highly competitive. The problem is that application form, me thinks it is too expensive for a program that is in conjunction with NNPC, TOTAL and UNIPORT... dem for bring am come down small... all the same good luck to all the guys that will apply. I hope to and plan to, as soon as i can raise the cash...

will they offer full scholarships?
    With GOD as the lead, I will aways win

At onisokien: what was the entry test n interview like n do u ve past questions. I heard for some courses durin the interview u have 2 demonstrate that you can speak fresh, pls how true is this. Holla

i meant speak french

No, u dont have to speak french, when i wrote the test it was o level maths, english, biology, chemistry, physics, little thermodynamics.At the interview, you just have to be confident in yourself thats all, wasnt really technical.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast