Are you one of those who use so-called CV templates to write their CVs? If yes, I’ve got a warning for you. The warning? Beware! What did I say? Beware! Yeah, that is worth repeating.
I should know better. Having been involved in writing CVs for job seekers that won them the jobs of their dreams especially in this down economy, I have got the inside scoop to warn you to beware of so-called CV templates whether free or paid for.
Here is my reason and it’s simple to understand: Other people are also using the same templates. So, when you send out your CV for job applications, it looks much like other CVs. And nothing hurts your chance of getting interviews more than not being able to stand out of the crowd. Catch my point?
So, steer clear of templates of any sort from any source. Don’t even go near Microsoft CV templates.
If you want to know how to design and format your CV to catch attention at first glance and sustain interest, simply look at other CVs that have actually worked. But that is where the problem comes in – how do you get CVs that have worked?
No, not online. Not in those free CV sample sites, because after taking my time to look at many CV samples written by so-called experts in almost all the top CV writing sites, I am sorry to say that they do not rank as CVs that can get attention at first glance. They don’t follow basic designing and formatting principles.
But there is good news. Make a name list of people you know that are currently or newly employed, ask for their CVs and see if you can copy one or two things to improve your CV. The other option is to contact professional CV writers to show you samples of the CVs they wrote for their clients that actually worked. Contact the client to confirm if it’s actually true. Workable, huh? Sure!
Personally, I have taken the time to develop winning CV structures that is based on sound and simple design and formatting principles, but you can never find them on the Internet. Use the system I describe above to get them.
Good luck!
Recommended FREE Guide: The Job-Getting Blueprint. Visit www.winningbooks.net/blueprint for FREE download.