+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: Interview Feedback

Interview Feedback

I went for an interview on sept 22, 2012, that was 13 days ago approx. And i've not received any feedback from the company. I want to know if i should be worried 'cuz that was my first interview. How many days did it take to get feedback from the coy after the interview? (For the employed folks here)Am thinking of emailing the coy to know the outcome of the interview, wil that be a good move? Initially, i thought i did well with the questions asked because i researched, intensively, on the company's profile, projects n interview tips but now i think only the company know the right answers to those questions 'cuz am yet to be called.

Re: Interview Feedback

Doubt if there is an established time for feedback after interview. Some call the after couple of days, others weeks, some months and yes some will not bother calling at all.
    It all depends on the nature of the job, the company involved and how soon they need the position filled up etc.
    It is good to know you are optimistic about your performance, the bottom line is that what is yours is yours.

Quote Originally Posted by DBsway View Post
    I went for an interview on sept 22, 2012, that was 13 days ago approx. And i've not received any feedback from the company. I want to know if i should be worried 'cuz that was my first interview. How many days did it take to get feedback from the coy after the interview? (For the employed folks here)Am thinking of emailing the coy to know the outcome of the interview, wil that be a good move? Initially, i thought i did well with the questions asked because i researched, intensively, on the company's profile, projects n interview tips but now i think only the company know the right answers to those questions 'cuz am yet to be called.
    My dear just chill, 13 days is too short for u to start panicking. I heard of someone that was interviewed in slb and was gotten back to 1 year later. It depends on the company and how they do their tins. In TOTAL, it takes almost like for ever in some cases. If u also follow some threads in this naijahotjobs, u'll find out that some SRD hopefuls have not been gotten back to since last year. It took NNPC close to 1 year or more to get back to those that did their interview last year. So my dear, just relax and keep on praying and praying and praying!!!!!. Did they tell u to expect their feedback soon? If its Gods will, they will definitely get back to u. Also, please dont rely too much on the fact that u ve done d interview and forget to be applying in other companies. Keep on looking for other good places and dont forget to keep on praying too.

Thanks for the posts guys, they just said they will get back to me. Well, am optimistic about it. i guess i should get bck to praying and applying as i normally do and hopefully get the nervousness off ma system. Thanks again for ya replies, am a bit relieved now

There's no harm in asking for feedback. You can do a web search on it, many people do so & most employers like candidates that show that level of interest.

But I agree, it depends on the nature of the role i.e. if its a graduate recruitment, then maybe there is no point in doing so. However, if it is only few people being considered for the role - go ahead.

@storck yea, its fresh graduate recruitment and ​We were 7 for the interview...but i think i'll wait, maybe after a month then i'll consider emailing them to know. U know the recruitment process in this country is quite different from what ​We see in other countries...sad but true

+ Reply