+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: Info to those moving to the uk for studies( cc:PTDF scholars )

Info to those moving to the uk for studies( cc:PTDF scholars )

If u r yet to make ur journey, pls ensure u get the following in nigeria
    *sweaters,thick jackets,gloves,head warmers (guys cold here no bi childs!)
    *you should have prepared ur dried foodstuffs by now. (Bone big boy levels !)
    *school bag,exersise books. u can afford to drop SOME of those ur BIG text books, most school's libraries r well stocked.
    If u have a good laptop already, please dont discard it. That can serve you.Lapi no dey cheap here oh!mmmmmmmmmh.
    For those that phone freaks....pls try carry extra money. u go see phone die!Remember,here in uk u r strictly on ur own. I used to hear that but now I know what it means. My advice:get a good phone in nigeria and then lock up. when u settle down and God being so kind, money starts trinkling in ,u can buy the latest model of iphone(I know thats what u want ,most likely). Guys i de use sony ericsson J100i (no laugh me oh!)that one na toy for nigeria not to talk of here ,but then no time brather!
    For those that like clubbing,pls try club with ur brain. Forget all the oyibo courtsey( do u want to sit down...,yes PLEASE...., after you....and all that) guys always tread with caution please I de beg!
    Depending on the airline u choose to board,its a wise to split ur bag into two. Though the immigration guys where nice to me,they might not be to u. I had excess luggage...they asked for £100...which they later waived.Be friendly to them they r humans ok...u need to start working on ur courtsey as wellbecause u most likely will be living with strangers!
    *enough chiken to eat,enough brothers, but the taste no dey like ours. generally if u have plans of cooking, u will save money. You can imagine that getting to a week now I de on vegetarian diet...variety of fruit to pick from.No copy me oh, I suppose prepare soup,but the shop where I suppose buy garri dey too far from my base,and the only option left is their ground rice. I de feel Psquare.....e no easy oh! when i make it I will serve whoever needs...but na without Igo give u sha
    when u enter try and get a lebara line. its cheaper for ur international calls.other network might be good sha. I had to drop an old line that I used for just a day or two 4 lebara...the network is not bad generally.
    You just need to free ur mind....we go make am here just try to be open to change.
    In passing,since Oluwa de for us, nobody fit play against us win.Play the fool,get the tool,then you will mount the stool!

Re: Info to those moving to the uk for studies( cc:PTDF scholars )

Thanks guy for the info. But I think it would have being more beneficial for you to post this interesting subject in the appropriate section like discussion/unclassified or travels. Anyway, wishing you all the best in you studies....

+ Reply