+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Topic: HELP!!!! 2 Interviews On The Same Day!

HELP!!!! 2 Interviews On The Same Day!

Guys, one of your own needs your help again, you guys have always been there for me, I need you now than ever. I have two interview invitations for the same day, different cities and different times but...
    1. Nigeria Breweries- Shift Packaging Engineer
    2. Halliburton- Assistant Cement Operator

NIGERIA BREWERIES
    Dear Candidate,

You are invited for further assessment for the position of Shift Packaging Engineer in Nigerian Breweries.

Date - Tuesday the 22nd of June, 2010
    Venue - The Star room of The Lagos Brewery, NB Plc, No 1 Abebe village Rd ,Iganmu, Lagos.
    Time - 8.30am Prompt.( No excuse for being late will be entertained)

Note that successful candidates from Tuesdays exercise will be shortlisted for a Panel Interview which will hold the following day

Date: Wednesday 23rd June 2010
    Venue - The Star room of The Lagos Brewery, NB Plc, No 1 Abebe village Rd ,Iganmu, Lagos.
    Time - 8.30am Prompt.

HALLIBURTON
    As a follow up to your performance in the recent aptitude test conducted in Port Harcourt for an Operator Assistant on 16th April 2010, we now have the pleasure to invite you for a second interview at the company’s Port Harcourt office located at Plot 158, Trans Amadi Industrial Layout, on Wednesday, 23rd June 2010 at 12 noon.

Please bring along a valid identification card/international passport and an updated resume/curriculum vitae.

However, note that Halliburton Energy Services Nigeria Limited shall not be responsible for your transportation, accommodation and meals while attending the interview in Port Harcourt .

Guys please help!

Re: HELP!!!! 2 Interviews On The Same Day!

Hmmmm!........They say when GOD wants to bless you, he does that from all sides in an unimaginable manner. First thank GOD for the multiply interview, pray and I will suggest you call Halliburton to confirm if they can reschedule. I guess Halliburton will be more flexible in this case. Wishing you all the best my bro. God bless

It depends. I think you should call Halliburton and see if you can move the interview to another day. Most of these interviews are conducted in batches and it might spill into another day. God's grace sha.

@Caledonian and Mostojr; Thanks guys!

@House; Please don't just read and move on, please! d right word spoken at the right time could make all the difference...

Tripple C

@Tripple C; Believe me, it's a real dilemma. First, i'd like to congratulate you. I pray you'll be successful.
    As stated in the mail for NB, there will be no excuse for being late. That's a tone that sounds specific. As such, if you contact them for re-scheduling, your chances of havin it your way might be slim. Also, if possible, contact Haliburton to ask for a reschedule. Interview dates change on request by invitee for some companies. No harm in trying. Finally, in a situation whereby you don't get to reschedule any of the two, then i believe you should pick Haliburton. There's a reason why God gave you the two and by his grace, this opportunity will not pass you by. Best of luck.
    You get stronger anytime that you don't give in.

Congrats first of all!!!

Since NB says no late coming, call halliburton just like evry other person has said and find out if they can reschedule, if not, you can make it since the panel interview for NB is 8:30am. Immediately after the interview get the next available flight down to PH . . .

No reason to fear, God that made it possible will surely crown your efforts . . .

Goodluck!!!

@Rodeo-xavier, nasacrown et al; thanks guys, this is really a tough decision, Halliburton said they only have one batch and as such cannot re-schedule me, still praying and reading up what the honourable members of this forum have to say concerning this tight call.

@House; d right word spoken at the right time can make all the difference...please your sincere opinion, I appreciate in advance your effort, time, and advice.

I had similar situation last month.despite my efforts to reschedule either failed.I was left with to choose one.Am regreting my choice 2day.It could be a helpless situation,talk to God and choose one.For me the Nigerian brewery sound as if it will click,i'll attend that one.

Tripple C

@Tripple, Look up to heaven and ask the Unchangeable changer for an answer. With him, through him and by him, everything is possible.
    You get stronger anytime that you don't give in.

With Aerocontractors cheap flight tickets these days you can arrange for an afternoon flight to catch up with the interview. Tough decision really to make. But put everything in GOd's hand. If you do not have any specific clear cut leadway. Start the day with the first one and just move on to the second in PH. Do not go by thoughts of which one is clickable...you cannot be too sure!

Best wishes.

@Tripple-C,
    1st and foremost, you did not avail to the house the exat time for the Interview with Halliburton.
    If the mail did not state a specific time, then you can call them to see if it is possible to reschedule it as they may have different batches for different days (though I dont know with certainty). If not I would suggest you stick to Halliburton coz as far as I know you are at the penultimate stage of a typical recruitment process (Interview preceeding Aptitude test), If you call Halliburon and they sound like "we will contact you for a reschedule date" It means that you have to ensure you go for it.

In Nigeria Breweries you are yet to write the Aptitd test let alone the interview. be hopeful and pray that the will of the Almighty be done while you try your physical best.

Good luck!
    Shalom!

S

@ tripple C.... the blessings of the Lord maketh rich and addeth no sorrow.....
    pray about this...... Check flight details.... Its possible that you can make the two....

if i were u. i'll go for the hallibuton interview since u've passed the first stage already.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast