+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Could this be scam through SPDC/NYSC

Could this be scam through SPDC/NYSC

Last saturday, i received an sms from a guy that his name is..., we served together batch A 2010 and that he now has a job in ph and the company is recruiting again. I should call him for details.

I called him, i asked where he served and he said in the capital while i served in a village. I didnt remember anybody by the name he gave me. He asked if i had gotten a job n i said no. He gave me a number to call about the recruitment and he said the company is shell.

I called the number and the man who answered me gave me two email adresses to fwd my cv to. One was yahoo while the other was shell. The yahoo went but i kept trying the shell but the mail kept returning.

That sat night, i received a text from SHELL PH saying ''The hiring process typically takes place in Shell Development Company (SPDC) We receive your cv but found out that you dont have any hse or maritime certificate. Shell is a safety company that requires this certificates. Regards Dr R. Hart human resources mgr (SPDC)"

So the next day been sunday, i called the guy who said we served together and told him, he said i should call the other man so he can advise me. I called the man and explained to him and he said he was the one who fwd my cv to the hr and that he will call the hr guy immediately.

The next day been monday, i spoke to the man again and he said that those certificates are mandatory if not my cv would just be put aside. So if i could come to ph with 50k in at most three days time, he will give me a form to fill that will bypass those certs. So that my cv can go to the next level and there is no time so i should act quickly. I tried negotiating the price but he said if i was going to go and take the courses, it will take more money n that the 50k is not a bribe.

So i called the other boy n asked if he knew the guy, he said he is not a guy that he is an old man n he knows him. I asked him how long he's been working in shell and he said 3mnths and its offshore in Bonny Bonni and that his uncle said he paid 250k to secure the job for him. He said any amount i have i should beg the man and tell him its what i have. And that the recruitment will end by 1st week of nov so i should be quick and he is guaranteeing me that i will get the job.

When i got home, i told my mum i felt it was scam, she asked me to chk my nysc photo album and i saw the guy's name but no phone no or email and the guy doesnt look familiar, i searched facebook and saw many people by that name.

I was chatting with someone today that we both stayed together during service and she told me that someone by the same name too sent her a text bla bla bla. She flashed back and he called her back n shouted on her that why will she flash n he hung up on her. She wanted to seek my opinion whether it was scam or not before going ahead. I told her my story.

My guess is that the guy got our phone numbers from nysc photo album. Na wa o. This is the first time am experiencing such. When i thought God has finally heard my prayers. God pls save ur children and grant them their heartdesire.

Aminnnnnnnnnnn

Fraud

This is fraud there is no recruitment going on in shell porthacourt. I was once a victim too its exactly thesame method the so called coppers name is chidi njokwu batch A 2009

Re: Could this be scam through SPDC/NYSC

PLS IT IS A BIG SCAM NOBODY IS CALLED MY DAT NAME DAT IS CURRENTLY WORKING FOR SHELL I VE CHECK IT ALL, SEE WILL NEVER ASK MONEY FROM U AS A RESULT OF EMPLOYMENT RATHER THEY WILL GIVE YOU FOR XPENSES Y GOING BACK IF THEY INVITE, UR FRND AS JOINED SCAMERS TO MAKE MONEY ONE THEY WILL CATCH HIM. I PROMISE. GUY KEEP LOOKING FORWARD ONE DAY UR TIME WILL COME TO SMILE. 1 LOVE.

SCAM run away, i had the same experience too. the person that called me said we served together, even called my surname name and platoon number that his name is Emmanuel and he got work with shell warri immediately after our service. I also serviced in Rivers state, Batch B 2009. Pls don't mind them, they are all the same pple.

Hey bruv.. its a new format for scammers, they tried it on me, but becos of BABA GOD i tided them.

Pls guys lets nt allow desperation or ignorance deprive us of our sense of reasoning.Why wld som1 who claims he works in shell & wants 2 help u be askin u 2 cal ds & dat no. & pay money.This is an old scam dat hs been in circulatn & hs diff forms.D strikin thin about dem is dt they'l giv u accurate info about u,even as far as ur bank account transactns.funny enough its we dat mak dis info available 2 dem.Thru facebook,frwdin ur Cv,usin d same passwords 4 ur email & othr stuf or lik som of us dat dnt sign out our mailbox properly at d cyber cafe.Lets b wise lik d ants & cautious lik d serpents.

Guy dose guys are criminals, de ve tried dat on me several times but dey dint succede, even to d extent of telling me my NYSC no. which me myself had forgotten. i am very sure dey are fraudster. but tell the man if he can borrow u the 50k and after your first salary u will return back to him. i think dat is a good way of telling dem u are a graduate and a wise one for dat matter. thanks

Another format for their crimes.

God go judge them.
    I am a slow walker but I never walk backwards.

Faithlarge, its just for you to see how far people can go to force cash out of your pocket, by going thru the NYSC foto album and i believe you are never the only person he did that to. just be very careful.

THIS IS SCAM, I LIVE WIT SHELL WORKERS AND INDIRECTLY WORK FOR SHELL, I CAN TELL U THAT THERE IS NO RECRUITMENT GOING ON IN SHELL AND SHELL WILL NOT BYPASS ANY REQUIREMENT FOR ANYBODY

FLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE/ RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN. BIG SCAM. I WAS ONCE A VICTM, BUT REALIZE ON TIME.
    Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself........

EVERYBODY LISTEN!!!. this is a big scam!. i am very close to a friend who fell victim for this ploy. we both served in Abeokuta, Ogun state. its exactly the same story they told him and he fell for it when he payed 14k into an unknown account. the names used where Emmanuel Igbana (the supposed copper) and Mr frank (the supposed old man/HR boss). the account name used in carrying out this fraud is Njoku Ekelediri, account number is: 0450110000024200 an account domicile in intercontinental bank. they even forwarded the SHELL APPLICATION form to this guy which he filled and submitted with some scanned documents after paying the14k. after sending the documents, they further requested for 80,000 for this guy to skip interview but get the job as against 150,000 which they said they were supposed to charge him. I thank God for his life he became wise in time but not without a cost(14K). the story is long my friends. i have the facts with me and I'm doing my own investigation to find out who these people are. the one behind it is not far from u(maybe ur friend u served together) but the base line is that they extract names and contacts from the NYSC hand book and bait innocent desperate graduates, defrauding them of their dearth possessions. I'll get more across to u when i have time. i have little proof of a member of our friends who is involved. i need more proof to nail this guy. call me at 07034898577 or get in tuch through [email protected]. if u have any info about this or need more info about this. its imperative u get back to me especially if u have served in Ogun State and they have made a pass on u. for now, dont pay any attention to such mail. bey for now and note: BEWARE of wolves in sheep clothing!! they are ur friends(WHO KNOW MAN NAI DEY KILL MAN)

please shine ur eye wella 4 dis job hunt waka!! scammers plenti!! this idiot sending sms 2 people is using NYSC passing out magazine which contains all the names n phone nos of all the corpers in that batch. When i got d sms i quickly checked the state code no he used and i discovered i didn't know him. I later called him and asked him some Qs which he could not give genuine answers. PLEASE BE ON THE WATCH!!! DONT GET OVER EXCITED AND MAKE SILLY MISTAKES!!!

+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast