+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: Could this be scam through SPDC/NYSC?

Could this be scam through SPDC/NYSC?

Last saturday, i received an sms from a guy that his name is..., we served together batch A 2010 and that he now has a job in ph and the company is recruiting again. I should call him for details.

I called him, i asked where he served and he said in the capital while i served in a village. I didnt remember anybody by the name he gave me. He asked if i had gotten a job n i said no. He gave me a number to call about the recruitment and he said the company is shell.

I called the number and the man who answered me gave me two email adresses to fwd my cv to. One was yahoo while the other was shell. The yahoo went but i kept trying the shell but the mail kept returning.

That sat night, i received a text from SHELL PH saying ''The hiring process typically takes place in Shell Development Company (SPDC) We receive your cv but found out that you dont have any hse or maritime certificate. Shell is a safety company that requires this certificates. Regards Dr R. Hart human resources mgr (SPDC)"

So the next day been sunday, i called the guy who said we served together and told him, he said i should call the other man so he can advise me. I called the man and explained to him and he said he was the one who fwd my cv to the hr and that he will call the hr guy immediately.

The next day been monday, i spoke to the man again and he said that those certificates are mandatory if not my cv would just be put aside. So if i could come to ph with 50k in at most three days time, he will give me a form to fill that will bypass those certs. So that my cv can go to the next level and there is no time so i should act quickly. I tried negotiating the price but he said if i was going to go and take the courses, it will take more money n that the 50k is not a bribe.

So i called the other boy n asked if he knew the guy, he said he is not a guy that he is an old man n he knows him. I asked him how long he's been working in shell and he said 3mnths and its offshore in Bonny Bonni and that his uncle said he paid 250k to secure the job for him. He said any amount i have i should beg the man and tell him its what i have. And that the recruitment will end by 1st week of nov so i should be quick and he is guaranteeing me that i will get the job.

When i got home, i told my mum i felt it was scam, she asked me to chk my nysc photo album and i saw the guy's name but no phone no or email and the guy doesnt look familiar, i searched facebook and saw many people by that name.

I was chatting with someone today that we both stayed together during service and she told me that someone by the same name too sent her a text bla bla bla. She flashed back and he called her back n shouted on her that why will she flash n he hung up on her. She wanted to seek my opinion whether it was scam or not before going ahead. I told her my story.

My guess is that the guy got our phone numbers from nysc photo album. Na wa o. This is the first time am experiencing such. When i thought God has finally heard my prayers. God pls save ur children and grant them their heartdesire.

Aminnnnnnnnnnn

Re: Could this be scam through SPDC/NYSC?

SCAM!!!! RUNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi

My dear same thing happened to me last yr a guy dt i've never met told me d same story abt shell recruitin n bla bla well similar to ur story, he told me we met, "i've never met him till 2morrow" long story cut short, i called him on a pay phone n warned his ancestors d guy just told me shut up stupid girl n never called me again. In essence its a BIG SCAM, fact is dt they tell u they r based in PH n d victim is always in Lagos or southwest.

Re:

Nawao! Sch.photo album don turn to a scammin means. God help us. Al those dat hav foto album dis one na expo to b vigilant!

Dats a very Big Scam..it also happened to me just last week this guy called saying his name was Mike and we served 2gether i tryed probing him to identify himself all he cld say was we served in osun 2gether and that i shld call a certain number he text me to submit my CV for an opening in shell..i knew it was a scam cos i faced the same issue with the miscrant but he did not know it was i and still put his dubious call thru again...cos i got same cxall and instruction late last year by december...so all shld be extremly careful..scammers are every where now...

@all, I didnt know dat all these year books(both graduation/NYSC) could be meal tickets to some pple...

For me dat scam method is as old as any thing,wen i finished service in Feb., i recieved a whole lot of such callss, but d way they present it u dont need 2ask anybody if it is as cam cos u will know.
    Ist- d promises are usually mouth watering and they(Callers) may still be wretched as they may likely ask u to call them back to conclude the info..why will they know of such opportunity and still be wretched and yet want to ceed it to you?

2ndly- if d name isnt familiar ,u obviously dont know d person

3rdly- If u can recognize voices(like me) then u will realise that even wen they drop familiar names, d voices differ.

Lastly- THEY ARE BIG TYM FRAUDSTERS!!!! DECIDE WHAT TO DO.

God wil punish them, d same scammer cald me on tues wit this no 08071799954 dt we served 2gether in Bauchi st n recently secured a job in shell wit d help of his in-law, he went ahead 2 ask me how far i told him am stil waiting 4 the 1s i applyd, he said his goin 2 cal his in-law 2 see if he can assist me bt i shld cal him bk 2 knw hw far he went wit d cal, i cald n he drop me dis no 08034927043 2 cal his in-law dt he is HR Manager there by name George Amakiri. When i cald d man he gav me dis mail [email protected] 2 drop my credential immediately n cal 2morrow 2 confirm my result. I did n cald d nxt dy only 4 him 2 tel me i got 75% wit a serial no 025 n wil sent me a details of where 2 send my 13k for a company form dt qualifies u. I google shell website only 2 finds out i hv bin speakn wit scammers cos d HR of shell company is mitchell Hugh. Am waiting 4 his cal he wil eva regret passin my way.

.........i got a similar call from someone claiming to know me where i served at ogun state,and the same george amakiri story,i knew it was scam and inquired from the guy that claimed to know me about our friends and he immediately cut the line,dem call me tire for me to call them 4 my results. our info was definitely gotten from nysc book. make una no worry i will soon be working with nysc and i will make it my responsibility to advise corpers not to include their names in their year book.if anybody want to locate u ,make i find u 4 facebook

I got a similar call few days ago and i also servd in rivers. P.h to be exact. Is d callers name john eduoku? To think that fellow job seekers are now turning into scammers.
    Anyways, he's still waitn for me to pay in 10k into his account. Foolish cow! By the time i'm through with him, his people won't even recognise his ugly face again!

The so called ex corper's name is etim ifiok, d man who knows d hr is Mr Bamigo. I seved in sokoto batch A 2009. After they asked me to pay 50k, i never called again.

SCAM SCAMMER SCAMMEST, SCAMMLY, MORE SCAMMLY, MOST SCAMMLY
    I know that I shall eat of the good of the Land. Nigeria's the country where i'll make it!

Really Interesting!
    No One Will Know You Are Honest Unless You Give Out Samples!

+ Reply