+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Topic: Commonwealth scholarship for 2012/13 session

Re: Commonwealth scholarship for 2012/13 session

Please house,is it monday the 5th that you are talking about for the accreditation?

Please house,is it monday the 5th that you are talking about for the accreditation?

pls can any one tell me wen is soutsouth acreditation nd interview , pls . thanks in anticipation. nd is msc nd phd same day

housemates, this is not to discourage anyone about the commonwealth scholarship. in 2009 i was there live at abuja, did the interview but we were abadoned after they gave us hope that the list of the shortlisted candidates will be out after the interview and alias i and 7 of my friends slept at millenium park as we couldn't go home after they kept us waiting. That was the end of the story. if you are applying for PhD and got your master abroad, i think you have a greater chance as many dont often go for the PhD and once you are shortlisted by them, you are set for UK. i am saying from my one year experience, and my friends two years experience with CSC, Abuja especially the federal scholarship board. but thank God i am doing my Master abroad now after two years experience in Esso mobil postgraduate scholarship, two years experience in PTDF and one year experience with commonwealth scholarship and one year with NDDC.
    keep your hopes alive, it the Lord that decide when your time comes.

Jah Bless
    -writing from UK.

@omomama and @owenlyn1 , you can find the details of the accreditation and interview dates at fme.gov.ng. see copy and below:

2012 / 2013 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP AND FELLOWSHIP PLAN
    (CSFP) SELECTION INTERVIEW, 5TH – 9TH DECEMBER 2011
    NOTICE OF INTERVIEW DATE AND TIMETABLE FOR SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES.

The Federal Scholarship Board invites all candidates who had successfully completed the Electronic Application System (EAS), and fulfilled all necessary requirements stipulated in our earlier advertorials, to attend an interview as per the interview schedule below. The deadline for the completion of EAS Form is 20th November, 2011.

2. Candidates are in addition required to come along with all of the following documents for accreditation:-
    (i) Six hardcopies of EAS forms
    (ii) All original credentials and six photocopies
    (iii) Evidence of offer of admission in at least one (1) UK Institution.
    (iv) Evidence of submission of three (3) referee reports
    (v) Evidence of submission of academic transcripts
    (vi) Original NYSC discharged / exemption certificate
    (vii) Two (2) passport photographs

3. Candidates without any of the requirements as in paragraph 2 (i) – (vii) above, will not be accredited for the interview.

4. Details of Interview Timetable:

Monday, 5th Dec. 2011
    Opening Ceremony 10:30am-12:30pm
    To be declared opened by the Honourable Minister of Education with the Panelists and invited stakeholders in attendance.
    Accreditation of candidates 1:30pm-6:00pm
    All Candidates (Masters & Doctoral) from the North-East & South-West.

Tuesday, 6th Dec. 2011
    Interview of Candidates (Masters & Doctoral) from the North-East & South-West.
    Accreditation of Candidates (Masters & Doctoral) from the South-East & North-Central.

Wednesday, 7th Dec. 2011
    Interview of Candidates (Masters & Doctoral) from the South-East & North-Central.
    Accreditation of Candidates (Masters & Doctoral) from the South-South & North-West.

Thursday, 8th Dec. 2011
    Interview of Candidates (Masters & Doctoral) from the South-South & North-West.
    Collation of scores

Friday, 9th Dec. 2011
    Submission of Reports and Closing
    To be conducted by the Director/Secretary, Federal Scholarship Board with the invited stakeholders in attendance.

5. Venue: Arewa Suites and Hotel
    Opposite Federal Scholarship Board, Abuja.

6. All State Secretaries of Scholarship Boards and other stakeholders, wishing to observe the procedures of the selection interview are by this notice humbly invited to attend (with early notification of intention), at no cost to the Federal Scholarship Board.

Note:
    (i) No candidate on this approved schedule would be interviewed as spill- over outside a particular date allotted to the Geo-Political Zones.
    (ii) All further enquiries on this exercise should be made to the Director/Secretary of the Federal Scholarship Board.(via: [email protected] or [email protected] or
    Tel. No. 0709-820-1344

H.U. Abdullahi (Mrs.)
    Director ,
    Federal Scholarship Board, Abuja.

wow, does it then mean that those who submitted after Nov 20th shouldnt bother going for the interview at Abuja at all or what? All this while, I thought the deadline for submission was 7th Dec.. Please, house, what is your advice?

and what exactly do these refer to : (iv) Evidence of submission of three (3) referee reports
    (v) Evidence of submission of academic transcripts

oh, and one more question, are the geo-political zones in terms of one"s origin or residence?

It doesn't matter when you submitted. as long as you are able to get in all your references before the interview. even those that submitted December where at the accreditation yesterday. Firstly, we were all asked to go to the Fed High Court, Maitama, to get all our documents accredited.

The evidence of submission of three references is just the first page you get when you log into your csc eas portal, which shows all 3 references submitted. The academic transcripts just the originals and photocopies of your transcripts.

The geo-political zones are in terms or state of origin, and not state of residence.

All the best. My interview comes up this morning

true...

My interview was tight. Be focused do all the research you can and expect anything but be confident.

Research your area of study well and how it may affect Nigeria...

All the best peeps...
    "Today is the Yesterday of Tomorrow, by Tomorrow it would be impossible to make Yesterday phenomenal. So take Today more important than yesterday, then only would Yesterday cling to Tomorrow". Kainos_k...(2009)

Ok everyone the interview is over, how soon should we expect a feedback and how will it be communicated to us? Share experience from last year.

Called d FS Board but was told I should expect to hear from CSC between now and August next year. That if I dont hear from them during this period, it means I have not been sucessful.

Ol boy this guys don send out rejection letters o. Upon all my wahala on the whole process. I suspect it's bcoz of my phd application in progress. God dey sha.

+ Reply
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast