+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Topic: Commonwealth scholarship for 2012/13 session

Quote Originally Posted by ijjnr View Post
    Hi house,

Could anyone please help with the address to send the completed form to?
    Also what supporting documents are required?

Thanks.
    The form is to be submitted online but you have to print out a copy of the completed form before submitting. This is for record purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by ijjnr View Post
    Hi house,

Could anyone please help with the address to send the completed form to?
    Also what supporting documents are required?

Thanks.
    The form is to be submitted online but you have to print out a copy of the completed form before submitting. This is for record purpose. The supporting documents include a scanned copy of your transcript, a scanned copy of your degree certificate, and some two other documents or so. They are listed on the "Attachment" section of the EAS.

Quote Originally Posted by obianujumauchi View Post
    do you complete the form online or click on the print button?

tks
    You complete the form online but before submitting your completed form you are advised to print out a copy of the form for your personal record.

Re: Commonwealth scholarship 2012/2013 academic session is out

After u print the form keep it, u will be required to bring it when the MoE announces the test date

Re: Commonwealth scholarship 2012/2013 academic session is out

and how would the interview invites' work this year ? last yr they just posted in the dailies that all applicants should show up at the ministry for interviews (according to geo-political zones)

Re: Commonwealth scholarship for 2012/13 session

Na 1 i get, nawa for this naija, are you applying this year ?

Quote Originally Posted by rugged geologist View Post
    guyz.......................PLS DONT RAISE UR HOPE..LIKE OTHERS HAVE SPOKEN...I GET 3YRS EXPERIENCE FOR THE APPLICATION

Quote Originally Posted by yakmut View Post
    @Xyoung,if you are in abuja or you have som1 there you can make equiries but i assure you that its not on merit,the screening is just due process but they all have their candidates,believe me you stand a better chance with BEA scholarships than this commonwealth
    @yakmut:
    I would advice you to apply and keep a positive spirit because if God is interested in your case, then you will have no problem whatsoever. I had the same pessimism about the screening process last year, even though my interview went well, simply because of the well known Nigerian factor that dorminates our system. But as God would have it, I was norminated at the end of the day by the same federal ministry of education to the commonwealth scholarship commission in the UK and was subsequently selected for the award. How it happened is still a misery to me but all I can say is that it was just God.
    The lord is in total control...<br />If you put your trust in him, you will never be disappointed

So what is the update from your last year interview?Can help.

is d applicatn online? which of d website pls?

Quote Originally Posted by datha View Post
    So what is the update from your last year interview?Can help.
    @datha:
    The interview is essentially based on what you have filled in your application form and you will be expected to provide proofs for anything you claim to have in your application. If you said you have awards, proof by way of award letters will be requested; if you claim to be a member of a professional organisation, proof will be required by way of certificate or ID; If you claim to have published any paper, proof will be required by way of presentation of the published paper (soft and/or hard copy).

Also, there is a maximum mark for every section [e.g. there is maximum mark for work experience, there is a maximum mark for qualification(s), there is a maximum mark for awards, there is a maximum mark for proposal, etc]. However, I have no idea of the distribution of the marks across the various selection criteria. But common sense will tell us that someone with a first class will earn more mark than someone with a 2-1 in the qualification criterion. Towards the end of the interview, one or two questions will be asked on general knowledge but I can't say for sure if that will count towards the final score.

Once again, the key is to put in your best and keep a positive spirit while leaving the rest for God to handle

I hope that helps
    The lord is in total control...<br />If you put your trust in him, you will never be disappointed

@datha:The interview is essentially based on what you have filled in your application form and you will be expected to provide proofs for anything you claim to have in your application. If you said you have awards, proof by way of award letters will be requested; if you claim to be a member of a professional organisation, proof will be required by way of certificate or ID; If you claim to have published any paper, proof will be required by way of presentation of the published paper (soft and/or hard copy).Also, there is a maximum mark for every section [e.g. there is maximum mark for work experience, there is a maximum mark for qualification(s), there is a maximum mark for awards, there is a maximum mark for proposal, etc]. However, I have no idea of the distribution of the marks across the various selection criteria. But common sense will tell us that someone with a first class will earn more mark than someone with a 2-1 in the qualification criterion. Towards the end of the interview, one or two questions will be asked on general knowledge but I can't say for sure if that will count towards the final score.Once again, the key is to put in your best and keep a positive spirit while leaving the rest for God to handleI hope that helps[/I][/B][/QUOTE]@eelvismd,thanks 4ur help. I just want to knw if i need to submit d hardcopy of d EAS form i filled online to Federal Scholarship Board or Ministry of Education. Waiting to hear frm u. Thanks n God bless

Quote Originally Posted by tunaxt View Post
    I just want to knw if i need to submit d hardcopy of d EAS form i filled online to Federal Scholarship Board or Ministry of Education. Waiting to hear frm u. Thanks n God bless
    @tunaxt: Going by last year interview, you will be expected to come along with six copies of the printed application form as well as six copies of each of your credentials, including transcripts and passport photographs. Also, it will be expected of you to have the orignals of your credentials at hand for sight seeing. If you are a PhD candidate, then ensure you have six copies of your research proposal with you also.

I hope that helps

@eelvismd thanks vry much. Ur reply really helps, dat means we r nt submitting anytin to FSB or NME until we r invited for interview

+ Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast