+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: Chevron Skills Test - Drilling Engineer (Nigeria) Position - London Location

Angry Chevron Skills Test - Drilling Engineer (Nigeria) Position - London Location

Hi guys,

I got a call from a guy in Chevron HR I guess, asking if I would be able to make it for a Skills Test in Lagos for the Experienced Drilling Engineer position advertised some few months back to which my reply was in the negative as I reside in the UK at the moment. He asked if I would be able to come over to do it in London instead to which my reply was in the affirmative therefore he said he would contact me via email with the details of where the test is going to hold in London on the 16th of July.

I have since been waiting for his reply...

Is there anyone in the house who got a similar call and peradventure has received this email? Please post the details of the venue here for the benefit of a brother. Thanks in advance!

If it were possible to be refunded the money back I wouldn't mind buying a plane ticket to go and write the test but since my experience with SITP (on which I traveled back home 2ce for the test and the Recruitment day and was refunded a total of N1000 after spending more than £1,200) was a horrible one I don't think I would be moving an inch out of the UK to write test somewhere else again..ever!

I have tried calling back the number used in calling me but it does not accept incoming calls and have also sent text msgs that are yet to be replied to.

Re: Chevron Skills Test - Drilling Engineer (Nigeria) Position - London Location

I gues they will send the details snce they have made the call. Pls a question for u. Do u have previoud Drilling engineer experience and how many years?

Re: Chevron Skills Test - Drilling Engineer (Nigeria) Position - London Location

hey dexter, u did the previous test in march/april this year right? if you didn't kindly inform us.

Quote Originally Posted by favord1 View Post
    I gues they will send the details snce they have made the call. Pls a question for u. Do u have previoud Drilling engineer experience and how many years?
    If the test is still going to hold on the 16th July and they still haven't sent the email yet then I wonder what time would be available for me to prepare then. In answer to your question I do not have experience in Drilling Engineering but i do have a few years experience in Completions however I have a good Drilling based academic background. Really Drilling and Completions are not that separate in E & P.

Quote Originally Posted by saintneo View Post
    hey dexter, u did the previous test in march/april this year right? if you didn't kindly inform us.
    No saintneo, I was not able to write the test because 'gate-crashing' was not allowed. Thanks for asking, didn't think you'd remember.

I remember the test they wrote then was for people with little or no previous experience and was Petroleum Engineering as well.

Quote Originally Posted by dexter View Post
    No saintneo, I was not able to write the test because 'gate-crashing' was not allowed. Thanks for asking, didn't think you'd remember.
    a good chess player for life.

Quote Originally Posted by dexter View Post
    I remember the test they wrote then was for people with little or no previous experience and was Petroleum Engineering as well.
    wow! I thought the Drilling Engineers were invited as well, beats me though. I still have hope, probably I will get my invite as well, I applied for the Drilling Engineer position as well and I had some stint as an intern back home in Drilling and Measurements.

@saintneo,
    I think you a mixing up two events here............the first ad was for drilling engineers, petroleum engineers etc with 0 - 3 yrs experience or so....that was sometime last year even though the exams were written this year. Sometime in may or so......chevron advertised for DEs with at least 5yrs experience and that is the position they are calling for now.............hope this clarifies the mix up..........

okay! better!

Finally guys, I just got the email in my box. It is actually an invitation for Completions Engineer position and not Drilling Engineer position as I was initially told over the phone. I am pasting the text below for those who might be interested. Remember it is a Skills test and therefore only appropriate for those who have the experience in that field. I am not sure if you can 'gate-crash' so I'll leave that decision to you.

July 12, 2011

Re: Application for Employment – Completions Engineer Position

Dear: *****************************
    Address: ****************************************
    We refer to your application for the position of Completions Engineer with Chevron Nigeria Limited, and wish to invite you for Skills Test scheduled to hold as follows:
    Date: Friday, July 15, 2011
    Time: 10.00 am
    Venue: 1 Westferry Circus Canary Wharf London England E14 4HA
    Please endeavour to be at the venue at least thirty (30) minutes to the commencement of the test.
    You are required to come along with this letter, the Original with Photocopies of your detailed CV and credentials, and any of the following forms of identification: International Passport, Work ID-Card, and Drivers’ License.
    You will be provided with all test materials at the venue but please come with your Scientific Calculator and ruler.
    Kindly confirm receipt of this mail and your availability to attend.
    On your arrival at the venue, please ask for James Armitage.
    For further enquiries, please contact Mr. Ayodele Okhiria on telephone number (01)-2772222 Ext: 66143 (e-mail: [email protected]).
    Very truly yours,

M. O. Afolabi
    Manager – Human Resources Administration and Services
    AAO: ooa

I was also invited for the completiom test in nigeria but i need to kwno what the skill test entails.anybody with past experience should pls assist.

Goodluck guys

Dexter, did you write the test. what was the test like?

+ Reply