+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Topic: CHEVRON SCAM! CHEVRON SCAM!! CHEVRON SCAM!!!

Re: CHEVRON SCAM! CHEVRON SCAM!! CHEVRON SCAM!!!

@Nwaba, that was a graet job! People should learn how to expose these miscreants here. That scammer is a full, how on earth will a chevron staff will be demanding for N26000 from a job-seeker? Thank God he too wasted his ill-gotten money on calls.
    An expert was once an ammature!!!

This has been in existence since way back and I believe some ignorant fellows have already fallen victims.....Plz be careful what U reply to even on the newspapers vacancy pages. I don't know how this particular scammer got my email but I guess I was subscribing to anything then while I was still scouting for jobs ........ below are the contents of the mails.

1st mail: Wed, March 1, 2006 12:01:02 PMDEAR APPLICANT
    From: george schneider <[email protected]> Add to Contacts
    To: richard niyi <[email protected]>

Nigerian-German Oil and Gas Company
    We have received your submitted curriculum vitae and it’s under screening and process
    We advice that you be patient, we will re-contact you if you have been chosen to fill the appropriate vacancy.
    The advertiser
    [email protected]

2nd mail: Tue, March 7, 2006 2:17:48 PM***CONGRATULATIONS***REF:037***
    From: george schneider <[email protected]> Add to Contacts
    To: john samuel <[email protected]>

Nigerian-German Oil and Gas Company
    Congratulations!!!
    You have been short listed to fill the vacant position you are well suited for.
    The following should be noted:
    *You are required to undergo a 3 month training course at our training school in effurun-warri; you are also required to pay a "REFUNDABLE" fee of 15,000 Naira to the company's temporary account for:
    1. Air ticket fare via private charter
    2. Lodgings for the duration of course
    *The fees should be paid into the company account
    United bank of africa (any branch) UBA/STB
    Acc name:GEORGE O. NICHOLAS
    Acc.no: 03690680001799
    Not later than 7 working days

NB:
    You are required to send full name, teller number and branch paid into via e-mail.
    *When there is confirmation of this payment by the bank,You will be contacted by phone to report at our Lagos office with your bank teller to collect your letter of appointment.

Note: that any delay of payment before the 20th of march results in total forfeit of appointment.
    Training commences: 1st of april, 2006

He sent the mail to whoever and BCCed as many pple as possible and I guess I am one of them. though I never replied to any of the mails as I never heared of any Nigerian-German oil company and couldn't imagine why such a company will only have addresses in 9ja and London in the website link that accompanied the first mail without an address in Germany or any in the oil countries of the world like Texas. Even the UK addy should have been Aberdeen to look convincing...hahahaha. Also the account of a corporate company being in a person's name.....and the name on the account different from the name on the mail (guess the Schneider was supposed to make u believe it is really a German company). To think of it which company recruits you without at leat an oral interview and this company cannot even afford to have mails at their own personal website instead of a yahoo.co.uk one

What got me laughing and rolling on the floor was the fact that the training was to commence on April 1st (It would have been the best April fool ever witnessed by anyone who fell victim to this).....LOL.

Though I copuldn't share this then, NwaAba's message has got me thinking it is necessary. Please i know we all need jobs and can do anything to have one but do look well before u leap. The good Lord who saw me through will make a way for everyone......Amen.

Thought: Plz take note of that email addy, that is if it is still in existence: [email protected]

God Bless!!!
    Chioma

Re..chevron scam

I hope a lesson would b learnt by dis story bc many mbers here hav fallen victim due to dia "do or die''quest 4 a job. Thnx 4 d 'SUPER STORY'

Dose scammers nor knw say we don wise. 1 call me dey tell me say na my friend during youth service, say him dey work with Mobil oil in Eket. He tell me say his name na lucky, and me nor get any lucky as a friend during my youth service.

Fellow house members please, be careful because dose guys will not rest until they meet up with their targets.

THUMBS UP NWA ABA.......U REALLY WASTED HIS TIME AND PUT HIM IN AN EAGER MODE. THAT'S WHAT HURTS SCAMMERS MOST

THE FUCKED UP DUDE CALLED ME YESTERDAY MONDAY, ASKING ME IF I HAVE PAID IN THE MONEY OR I DONT WANT TO COME FOR THE INTERVIEW AGAIN, I TOLD HIM THE FIRST UBA BANK I WENT TO SAID THE ACCOUNT NUMBER IS INCORRECT WHILE THE SECOND BANK SAID I THEY CANT MAKE ANY TRANSACTION WITH ACCOUNT THAT I SHOULD CONTACT THE ACCOUNT HOLDER, I GUESS HE SENT HE'S SCAMMING ADDRESS ALL I WANT IS HIS ORIGINAL ACCOUNT DETAILS SO I CAN TRACK HIM WITH IT BUT HE WAS TELLING ME I SHUD USE MY CREDIT AND TEXT BAK THE ACCOUNT NUMBER I HAVE LET HIM CROSSCHECK.

I NOW STARTED LAUGHING AT HIM AND ASKING HIM WHY HE ENGAGED IN SOMETHING LIKE WITH A JOB SEEKER, THE MUGU SAID IM STUPID SINCE I KNOW I DONT WANT WHY DID I ALLOW HIM WASTE HIS CREDIT " WEDA PEOPLE WHEN THEY PAY I BETTER PASS THEM"

I COURSE THIS GUY TIRE, I GUESS IS OVER NOW.
    EVERY BODY IN THIS GREAT FORUM OPEN YOUR EYES OOOOH PEOPLE ARE PAYING

NwaAba, you be correct guy. Thanks for the info.
    V

Nwaba, all honest housemembers appreciate you for this post. I will take if further to ensure that the fraudulent account is closed as well as that mentioned by Chioma. Fools like that should not be allowed to infiltrate the financial system. Those accounts were obviously opened for fraud.

Nice post NwaAba. That goes a long way to tell job seekers that there is no short cuts to a good job. Most people get involved out of search for a quickie. I seriously laud ur honesty and info.
    Someone did sumfin similar when i was servin, that he was goin to post me to PPMC (NNPC). i even met him physically. 2 things turned me off:
    1. He was looking hungry, and was still a corper
    2. he asked that i pay him my first salary after i get the job
    I told him off. and as God would have it I got the best posting in the whole state.
    Job seekers be vigilant, be watchful, the scammer roareth like a lion seeking whom he may devour!
    If the sky&#039;s the limit, why are there footsteps on the moon?

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12