+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Topic: Between Nigerian Breweries and Standard chartered Bank !!

Between Nigerian Breweries and Standard chartered Bank !!

Hello Forumites, I am in a dilemma at the moment and thought I should share it with the house. I have just recently secured a role with Nigerian Breweries as a Trainee Brewer and another mouth-watering role with Standard Chartered bank in their International Graduate Programme. I studied Chemical Engineering. The standard chartered IGP pays about 4 times what NB pays. Your sincere advice is solicited...

my broda congrats first,if u are ready to pursue n be grounded in ur discipline lyk me then NB is ur destination but if u are afta money then u can resume wit stanbic first thing monday mornin...but believe afta d trainnin wif nbl u will definitely smile.

Re: Between Nigerian Breweries and Standard chartered Bank !!

I would av suggested Nigerian Breweries being a Chemical Engineering graduate. Also, the company is not a bad place to work but the "times 4" pay in Standard Chartered is tempting mhen!

I really understand d dilemma cos it's really confusing. NB gives u the room to grow as an Engineer especially in terms of developing your engineering skills, so if u r the type dat has a strong passion 4 engineering just like me, u'll b tempted to stay. On the other side, StanChart is a world class bank dat gives u international exposure with a very conducive environment to work. No jackie work as obtained in engineering with big time exposure to banking. This is also a good one especially if u r d type dat likes efizzy.

Final answer, Standard Chartered cos it's all about the Benjamin!

. thats d simple truth... Look after ur training..

. thats d simple truth... Look beyond ur training..

Pls go for Nigerian Breweries..u wil smile after d training

guy breweriez....na beer u wan dey drink, when henessey money dey!? standard chartered bro...x4 means like 150,000k times 4...i may not be very good at maths but that smells like over 500k for graduate trainee....only oil companies pay dat way..long story short, you know the answa...chemical eng'g can wait 4 gutter first

its not about money.many engineering graduates guys that work in d bank are not that always happy after all.Look beyond ur training.Think about global melt down that might occur again.My brother even if standard chartered pays u 750k,its a small money,why? because u just graduated from school and u have not seen money period.When u start working u will now be exposed to d world.GO FOR BREWERIES

Thanks guys...I really appreciate your contributions........
    A few more details about the Standchart role, am actually starting at grade 11 as opposed to grade 8.......
    More contributions will be appreciated.....God bless

bros, God Have blessed u. Congrats Bt u sim confused so all u nid is serious prayers 4 direction bt carnally speaking 4 me na d bank tins o. Mk chemical engr wait. As u go sku no b 2 mk moni 2 spend? Unles u'r sure of wat u wud get afta training wt brew. So v got 2 pray. May my GOD help n direct u iJn

bros, God Have blessed u. Congrats Bt u sim confused so all u nid is serious prayers 4 direction bt carnally speaking 4 me na d bank tins o. Mk chemical engr wait. As u go sku no b 2 mk moni 2 spend? Unles u'r sure of wat u wud get afta training wt brew. So v got 2 pray. May my GOD help n direct u iJn

Take Standard Chartered. Its an uncommon opportunity you just got with a bank that rarely give offers because of competitiveness and standard. Don't let it slip away, congratulation... Friend, you can build an enviable career with this bank as an engineer. Banking is not entirely financial, they need you to manage the portfolio from their oil and gas clients or businesses, their training is international (mind you this is not one of our Nigerian brothers bank) and their pay is out of this world with job security. What else do you want? Well, the ball is in your court!

EON big congrats to you. All of this including the EUNISELL offer, this is your year. May God help you make the right choice.
    Keep Moving.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast