+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Topic: BEA scholarship

Re: BEA scholarship

The screening I went for @fsb Abuja(commonwealth scholarship) ws actually an interview with about 6 eminent scholars as panelist. I guess this one should also be an interview.

@sopenz...wat's d screen'n like...?Wat and wat are d type of questns bn asked dere...?

A friend of mine who is a beneficiary of d 2010/2011 BEA award said dur'n their own time test were conducted for them...We cn't really say d dimension dis one is going to take...

@speakout...it was just a normal interview session, U?? come in with ur completed pdf form printed online, the already have a copy of it!the will first ask U?? questions from your plan of study/why U?? want to study abroad n nt here in nigeria/ask few professional questions/current affairs/appraise your leadership qualities/ ask if U?? are a member of any professional group/any award or recognition. Stuffs like that.

@sopenz...tanx 4ur prompt response...when is ur own date 4d interview...?

@sopenz101, @speakout2015 is right, i have attended both the BEA and Commonwealth scholarship interviews, the commonwealth is as u have rightly said and the BEA is a written test, basically maths english and some funny current affairs as in the current affairs is harder than that of ptdf (well as @ d time i wrote mine in 2010), and there is no oral interview after that,if u pass the test, u are qualified for the scholarship. For the test just know ur basic lexis and structure, for the maths, i'll recommend u become conversant with word problems that will lead to simultaneous equations, infact i'll u can get hold of comprehensive mathematics. hope this helps for all those writing.
    I'm optimistic we'll all make it, by His Grace

@Yakmut...Tanx so well 4dat vital informations...Hw soon ll d result b out after d test stuff or d so called interview as they have said..?

@Yakmut...tanx so well 4dat vital informations...Hw soon ll d result of d test stuff or so called interview b out after d whole th'n...?

Quote Originally Posted by yakmut View Post
    @sopenz101, @speakout2015 is right, i have attended both the BEA and Commonwealth scholarship interviews, the commonwealth is as u have rightly said and the BEA is a written test, basically maths english and some funny current affairs as in the current affairs is harder than that of ptdf (well as @ d time i wrote mine in 2010), and there is no oral interview after that,if u pass the test, u are qualified for the scholarship. For the test just know ur basic lexis and structure, for the maths, i'll recommend u become conversant with word problems that will lead to simultaneous equations, infact i'll u can get hold of comprehensive mathematics. hope this helps for all those writing.
    Thanks Yakmut for the nice update. Please can you throw more light on the current affairs section. Is it foreign based or nigerian based.
    Thanks.

@yakmut...thank U?? so much for ur valuable contribution! Neva thought the exam might be a written 1. I ve been busy all this while reading my big big text books. The date for my interview is 28th march

the current affairs is kind of funny like i said,no particular format,it embodies both foreign and local,i can remember 2 for sure, who headed the panel that decided the movement of federal capital territory from lagos to abuja, i'm sure we are only conversant with when the decision was made coz that's a ptdf question, the second is which of these hollywood stars is a member od UN bla bla bla, can't particularly recall the complete question but i'm sure its george clooney, its like who wants to be a millionaire if u know it, u know it,just pray the questions that are asked are the ones you know
    I'm optimistic we'll all make it, by His Grace

@yakmut...what of all the documents they asked us to bring along....what is your advice as regards that. and please did u eventually got a scholarship to study abroad and which kinda scholarships...please do reply
    @sopenz101 my transcript is the regular transcript from school is there any kinda transcript am suppose to bring along

The transcript I have is addressed to university of abuja. It ws sealed in an official envelope, n am yet to open it

+ Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast