+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Topic: Aircraft Maintenance Engineer wanted at Bristow Helicopters Nigeria Limited

Re: Aircraft Maintenance Engineer wanted at Bristow Helicopters Nigeria Limited

@Van, thanks. Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by vanessavenus View Post
    thank you.... *blushing furiously*neco can apply.good luck.
    hi vanessa, just found out that bristow owns pan african airlines too. Hope applying 2 the two wont jeopardise one's chances

@Van & all
    Pls, i keep getting a failure mail notification...biko, sum1 shld help out

Kept getting failure mail notification, pls @van & all shld advice tnx

Quote Originally Posted by yng achiever View Post
    @Van & all
    Pls, i keep getting a failure mail notification...biko, sum1 shld help out
    failure notification? how? this application doesn't require you to send any mail so I don't understand what you are saying

Quote Originally Posted by vanessavenus View Post
    @Can Do: I'm now working with Bristow and this is a recent advert, ok? I felt that there was no need for me to start a new thread. It closes on the 16th of August 2012 and Pan African's own closes on the 14th of August. Maybe I should have put the correct one. i just checked it and realized that unlike previous years, this year's applications should be sent online. Sorry
    Let me post the most recent one for you guys:

Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for training as Aircraft Maintenance Engineers. Bristow Helicopters will sponsor successful candidates on Aircraft Engineering training scheme at Nigerian College of Aviation Technology (NCAT), Zaria. The company will only employ candidates upon successful completion of training from NCAT.

Bristow Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Training 2012

Qualification and Experience
    Candidates should possess:-
    1. A minimum qualification of Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) or Bachelor of Engineering (B. Eng) degree (2ND Class and above in any of the Sciences or Engineering) from a recognized University with at least one (1) year post N.Y.S.C Experience. Degree in Mechanical and Electrical / Electronics would be of advantage. Copied from: .com-
    2. In addition to the above, candidates should possess the West African School Certificate Examination Ordinary Level (W.A.S.C.E) with a minimum of five (5) credits which must include English language, Mathematics and Physics.

The Person:
    The candidate must meet the following criteria:-
    1) Must be of Nigerian Nationality
    2) Must be between the ages of 20 – 30 years
    3) Must have good inter personal and communication skills.
    4) Must be self-motivated and possess ability to work with little or no supervision.
    5) Must have the knowledge and basic principles of Engineering Maintenance and an aptitude for Mechanical repairs and Maintenance. Copied from: www..com

Application Closing Date
    16th August, 2012

How to Apply
    Interested candidates should apply online at:www.bristowgroup.com/careers/position.php (Note: when the page opens input: WAS00203 as Job Number and click Search, scroll down and click onCadet Engineer) by sending as an attachment in 1 (PDF) document in not more than 200kbytes :

a) Curriculum Vitae,
    b) WASCE & University Certificate,
    c) N.Y.S.C. discharge certificate,
    d) Original Birth Certificate, (Sworn declaration of age will NOT be accepted) and
    e) a covering letter addressed to:

The General Manager,
    Bristow Helicopters (Nigeria) Limited,
    Ikeja, Lagos

Only shortlisted candidates from applications received will be acknowledged and subsequently invited
    Previous applicants need not re-apply
    yng..use the above format by Vannesa, it what we used and it went tru
    Wealth, Love and Happiness will flow naturally to me on a consistent basis...

be it known that just one opening is available..

Don't worry about it. Apply for both. If you happen to be shortlisted for both, one will be cancelled on the aptitude test day. I applied to both and was invited for both. When the HR lady discovered that my name appeared twice, she crossed out one.
    V

@van. Pls tell us abt the whole recruitment process.. The test , interview and the rest. Share with us pls

@vanessa. Can HND graduates apply? What chance do they stand?

tnx guys.
    Mistook this thread for panafricanairlines where seekers were askd to send pdf doc to [email protected]

@ George: I don’t think so. They were very specific about what they want in the Advert. Sorry.

The process I’ll describe is that of Cadet Pilots. It should be similar to that of engineers. Bear in mind that it can change.
    1) If shortlisted (short listing can take anything between 1 month to 6 months to happen. So relax if you don’t get it soon), you’ll receive an email inviting you for a test. The test has four to six DIFFERENT papers involving Math, Physics, Mechanical Reasoning and English (1 or 2 essays).
    2) The next stage involves a panel interview (Mine had 5 Captains all in Management positions).
    3) Then this Stage is Simulation on a computer- to test your coordination skills. I don’t think this will be done for engineers. Perhaps something else is done at this stage, unfortunately I don’t know. Sorry.
    4) Another panel interview. Ouch!
    5) If you’re successful, Medicals. Just make sure you’re free of drugs and alcohol, and in top physical form o!
    That’s it.
    NB:
    - Know all there is to know about aviation- history of flight, history of helicopter flight, parts of a chopper, history of Bristow, types of chopper, info on Bristow Nigeria and their operation.
    GOOD LUCK
    Can Do likes this.
    V

@Vanessa. Thanks. Just dat i feel bad knowing dat i can't go dat far with d HND i have. So sad.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast