+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 25 of 40 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Topic: 2013 NDDC Foreign Scholarship is out

Re: 2013 NDDC Foreign Scholarship is out

Quote Originally Posted by Jak View Post
    So is this not medicine after death? of what importance is it now? When we will be asking you guys for any vital info,you will keep mute. Who knows if it is what is keeping mine,I have msc admission in both Agric and Engineering but applied to Nddc with Engineering. Abeg keep ur story.
    This is uncalled for.

Goodluck to 2day's interviewees
    God save the Queen!

house pls i nid answer 2 my previous question. God bless d queen

dis forum dull sha...so nobody from edo got invited? everybody just dey mute

Who be this *Queen*??

Quote Originally Posted by Bestbrain View Post
    dis forum dull sha...so nobody from edo got invited? everybody just dey mute
    i got an IV for Monday, from Edo State.. were you invited?

Quote Originally Posted by daveesonshow View Post
    Pls how many pple per state were invited for the interview?
    And how long does the interview last per person?
    why are you bothered about how many pipole per state that were invited or how long is the interview?should dat be your focus and concern now? dats a misplaced priority.

Quote Originally Posted by frankknight View Post
    i got an IV for Monday, from Edo State.. were you invited?
    reach me on 08068642049

I'm writing this in order to benefit those yet to do their interview. I'm from CRS. I went for M.Sc.(Agriculture). I studied Animal Science (Agric). From the discussion among those present it seems cut-off varies depending on the State of origin and course of study. Most of us for 8.am session today were from CRS. It seems the degree/course you are going for should tally with your previous degree because they made a comment in my presence suggesting so. A certain lady studied Botany(B.Sc) but is going for M.Sc. Renewable Energy Resource Mgt in University of West Indies (Barbados). She came out after me and looked visibly troubled/angry. On asking, we were told they didn't ask her any question per se but pointedly told her that NDDC does not support her course of study (probably because of the Mgt in it?) especially Mgt courses. Does it mean they do not know that her course is not a mgt course?. I think it lies between Agric and Environmental Science! However they finally told her that she could quickly apply for an Agric course and if given the admission letter b4 the whole interviews end (probably next week or so) they will consider her. Of course that is a tall order, I presume. I was told 34 applicants from CRS were shortlisted for the interview. Some didn't even show up. They said 15 were awarded to CRS last year and that AKS and Delta got up to 30 or above last year. Also, they equally hinted that within each state, Federal Character still plays a part and that successful candidates are often called on phone to come for documentation at NDDC office. No mail or text is sent to awardees. They collected a copy of my form printout, ID (Int'l), age declaration, admission letter, LGA certificate of origin, Reference letter (Bond of good conduct), B.Sc. certificate and NYSC. They asked and sighted my originals. Today is monthly sanitation in Port Harcourt. Sanitation ends by 10.0am and movement is restricted. I thought they will delay but behold they were there when I reached the hotel by 8.00am. It means they are lodged in the hotel or something. Back to my interview. Me: Good morning sirs! Good morning, sit down. Question 1: You're Julius, Julius Nyerere? No. I am Julius.......Q2: Come on who was Julius Nyerere?..., Q3:You heard of the flood recently in Niger Delta? Yes!. Which group of animals were not affected and for those affected what are some of the effects? Q4: You mentioned movement of some fish from fresh water into the ocean, how is sea water different from fresh water? What impact will sea water have on fresh water fish? Q5: You must have done basic biology since you studied Agric? Yes. So, what is bilateral symmetry?.....Q6 Why is it that it is predominantly the Fulanis that keep cattle and most of the cattle concentrated in Northern Nigeria and not Southern Nigeria? Q7: What is mad cow disease..... Q8: What is that course you want to study? We hope it is a continuation of your specialization? Yes. Thank you. You can now go! Me: Thank you. I went round, signed out, collected the 10K and went out. That was how it went folks. From my discussion with other guys, questions may stray from your core area. For e.g. A girl who studied Applied Geophysics was asked a question about Electromagnetism/waves but she thought that was too far from her area because she did not study pure Physics. Also, they said and gave examples of how merit counted last year. Good luck to everybody and pray hard. Thanks

Sorry guys, I had to dash down to Lag yesterday and got down to work almost immediately, hence the delayed reply.

@IsiomaP, from my observation, Ur being called up for the interview depends on when you got accredited, hence, even though urs is slated for 3pm, U can go earlier, BUT I also think the slots is for orderliness. So the choice is yours.

@Phoneline: different states have different cutoff marks, so that might just be a factor, but if you think you scored high enough to have been called (let's say, 30-something upwards) please do well to call them to complain Cruz while I was there someone called the man handling the accreditation to complain on the same issue and he said "if you are sure that that's Ur score and you never got the invitation, make sure you come next week". If you had asked this while I was there, I would have helped u complain to the man.

Sorry guys, I had to dash down to Lag yesterday and got down to work almost immediately, hence the delayed reply.

@IsiomaP, from my observation, Ur being called up for the interview depends on when you got accredited, hence, even though urs is slated for 3pm, U can go earlier, BUT I also think the time-slot system is for orderliness. So the choice is yours.

@Phoneline: different states have different cutoff marks, so that might just be a factor, but if you think you scored high enough to have been called (let's say, 30-something upwards) please do well to call them to complain Cruz while I was there someone called the man handling the accreditation to complain on the same issue and he said "if you are sure that that's Ur score and you never got the invitation, make sure you come next week". If you had asked this while I was there, I would have helped u complain to the man.

"Cruz" = "Cuz". Autocorrect issues.

You have done really well Jinbendi,it shows that its actually humans that are attending these interviews not ghosts as some of our forum members choose to keep mum after their interviews.
    You have done well and i pray you scale through..

+ Reply
Page 25 of 40 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast