+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Topic: Is it wrong to apply for jobs wit a bb?

Is it wrong to apply for jobs wit a bb?

House, I hail o! Is it wrong to apply for jobs with a bb fone? I ask bcs eva since I started applying with it, I have neva bin cald for a test not to talk of interview. Is it dt d employers tink am unserious or sumtin? Pls lemme no so I'll go & stat sleepin in a cyba cafe & stp wasting money subscribing. Tanx

Re: Is it wrong to apply for jobs wit a bb?

My elder sister told me the same thing but its not true @ all. I use my blackberry to apply for all jobs except ones whose website were designed in such a way that only a system can open it, and I've bin called for so many tests through them. That was even the major reason why i got this phone because i know it won't be convinient for me to be going to the cyber cafe all the time.
    What ill advice you to do is to remodify your cv in such a way that u can't be overlooked when u apply for a job.

lol. You are funny.
    But seriously it may and not be the cause. Using a phone makes applications faster and easier.
    There are some applications that require you filling online forms e.g dragnet and workforce. In this case, the means of application is unimportant.
    May be you should check the timing of your applications plus the requirement for that vacancy, review your cv and check your cover letter.
    I believe you should also pray about it cos in this country that only a few shortlisted for test actually scale through, and u are complaining of not even been shortlisted,........
    My little contribution.
    It is well with you.
    Cheers.

Gbam!!!! True talk @icecream931.
    I use bb too and hv been getting invites too.
    But u can do ur bb in such a way dat u can send a mail witout dem knwing u sent from a bb.

Dats [email protected] shld try n switch off his phone signature.....4 me i ve been applyin most times wit my phone(Nokia X2) n i ve been gettin IV.......

In my opinion, the means of application is irrelevant...as long as it is compatible with the application process.

I use my fone to apply 4 jobs, except d 1s dat kant b done wit fones and i get ivs always. My friend always use her bb and they always invite her

@Cabin,in my own humble opinion just as mehumble said in his post"Watch out for these common things.
    1)Your timing-do you apply late.
    2)Check your Cv format.
    3)Check your cover letter.
    4)When forwarding from your phone,go up and delete those words at the uppermost part of the message that makes it look like you're forwarding an already forwarded message.
    5)Make sure that you do not use the same cover letter for every application try and spice it up.
    6)Pray after each submission.
    7)Always believe in yourself and be optimistic.
    I have applied for jobs all through with my phone and even got one through the application I made using my phone.(EXcept the ones that needs uploading of CVS)All da best.God will do it for all of us IJN!
    dejino007 likes this.

@Cabin,in my own humble opinion just as mehumble said in his post"Watch out for these common things.
    1)Your timing-do you apply late.
    2)Check your Cover letter.(both the grammars & sell your self there by impressing the reader to lure him/her towards knowing you more cos atimes they just send the invite after going through your CV so please impress them here but be cautious not to over do it or make it unnecessary long)
    3)Check your CV FORMAT.
    4)When forwarding from your phone,go up and delete those words at the uppermost part of the message that makes it look like you're forwarding an already forwarded message.
    5)Make sure that you do not use the same cover letter for every application try and spice it up.
    6)Pray after each submission.
    7)Always believe in yourself and be optimistic.
    I have applied for jobs all through with my phone and even got one through the application I made using my phone.(EXcept the ones that needs uploading of CVS)All da best.God will do it for all of us IJN!

Sorry please,I mean they do send Invites after reading /going through your cover letter cos @ that stage not all the firms have the whole time to go through your CV.So a good COVER LETTER WILL ALWAYS EARN YOU INVITES.Please always impress them there and the GOOD LORD WILL SEE YOU THROUGH.

cn u semd me a good cv ,i need one to modify my own cos i'll finish my service soon nd i pray i gt job on tym.God wll answer our prayers in this forum cos our aim is to gt gud job

Tanx a million all. I rily appreciate ur contributions. I'll take heed. It is well.

You're welcome.IT IS DEFINITELY WELL WITH US!

+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast